Anyone use this in car???

ww.blackberrysource.com/store/catalog.asp?item=9545#

looks nice but sometimes they dont always work...plus i have a hard case... wonder if it works with the case on??

Any thougts..

thanks
    J
    07-16-09 06:25 PM
    I would think that the excessive weight of the storm... not quite the wisest to hang off the end of yout 12v outlet... Way too heavy, unless your socket is mounted to a steel panel, you would be certain to wear out the socket, or cause other stress related issues to the charging port, the charger, of the dash in general... Just my opinion, but I wouldn't do it.
    Instead, visit the Bracketron website and find a universal bracket that could work for your application instead. The installation would be a little more complex, but if you already have a vehicle charger, overall it would be cheaper too. Get the universal bracket and mount the desktop cradle to it (bend the bracket however necessary to mount the cradle horizontally like it was on a desktop). These brackets are designed to be universal, but some vehicles/applications might even have the vehicle specific application that will fit your needs.
    07-17-09 02:28 AM
    Just ordered one. Will report back.
    08-20-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD