Hey everyone, new user here.. I searched google, but didn't really know what to look for. Is it possible to use a blackberry (curve) as an internet uplink or router for internet service for a home computer? I'm looking to get a Curve and get rid of my high speed comcast internet for my home computer, but was wondering if its possible to use the blackberry as a router or uplink for my service? I have never used a blackberry, but any info would be appreciated..I'm thinking of going with T-Mobile for the internet plan, but would never use the internet on the blackberry, unless I could somehow connect it to linux or windows via the USB cable or whatever means are available (maybe even a wireless card) thanks a lot!
    02-08-09 02:20 PM
    Oh, by the way, I know it'd be a lot slower than comcast broadband, but I really don't care about the bandwidth, as long as I can check email and browse the web at least a 56K modem speed...
    02-08-09 02:22 PM
    Look up "cradle point" router on google. They work with some blackberry's.
    02-08-09 03:32 PM
    thanks man!
    02-08-09 03:55 PM
    You are describing tethering to a desktop. It costs extra each month, and most carriers limit the bandwidth to 5gb per month. Go over and there is a per mb charge.

Also, you can't talk and surf.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD