On either side of the battery latch are two 'gold' colored pieces. I'm guessing this is an antenna of some sort. I dropped my pearl a while ago, and one of them is totally broken. it rattles and isn't connected to anything.

I'm not 100% sure on what this is. could it be the bluetooth antenna?

either way is it possible to replace this? perhaps buying a new housing that includes those two little pieces. the closest I found for a VZW Pearl 8130 is below:

Blackberry 8100 Pearl Back Housing with Antenna & Battery Door Latch contacts, Blackberry 8100 Pearl Cell Phone Parts

but the description says 8100, and the picture looks slightly different that the back of my pearl (ie, I think mine has a spot for a second speaker).

does anyone know of somewhere I can get a housing that will work in my VZW pearl 8130?
    05-31-08 04:34 PM
    That's not an antenna, but rather a contact for a charging dock, so unless you plan on getting one that charges like that there is no need to really worry about that.
    06-02-08 12:24 AM
    That's not an antenna, but rather a contact for a charging dock, so unless you plan on getting one that charges like that there is no need to really worry about that.
    No it is not the contacts for the charging dock, it is the contact the magnet needs to be able to put the phone in sleep mode.

either way is it possible to replace this? perhaps buying a new housing that includes those two little pieces.
    I don't know if you can buy just those but check out Cellular Accessories - LG, Acer, Microsoft, NEC, Apple, Samsung, BenQ-Siemens, Panasonic, Mobiado, Blac for a full housing. those contacts might be included
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-02-08 at 07:25 AM.
    06-02-08 07:20 AM
    Not to be a nuisance but I think your wrong. http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content look at that. There is also one for my berry as well. Plus if its a magnet wouldn't it not need a contact to turn out, it's not like the magnet has true contact.
    06-02-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD