01-20-09 01:29 AM
36 12
tools
    I was wondering since I have been reading about all this dust problems with some storms is it wise to carry it in a belt case?

I have always carried my curve and all other BB in my front pocket.

What is all your take on this.

I usally have a silicone case on mine but of coarse dust still can get in.
    01-19-09 10:11 AM
    To be honest with you, Dust can get into the phone anyway you put it. Its naturel to happen. I would recommened the Official Blackberry Belt clip case. I love mine and works great for the phone. When Its out of that holster, I keep the OEM blackberry silicone case on it and dont have any problems. Try it out, there just a coupld bucks one bay.
    01-19-09 10:14 AM
    Go with the belt case; your phone will go into sleep mode and save you some battery.
    01-19-09 10:17 AM
    You can do both...Silicone case in a belt clip...Maximum protection
    01-19-09 10:18 AM
    Just get the oterbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 10:20 AM
    You can do both...Silicone case in a belt clip...Maximum protection
    Yeah but the silicone case on the phone makes it difficult to slip in and out of that case. It does fit but is just difficult. Im just trying to find an alternate Get like an Invisisheild or something.
    01-19-09 10:33 AM
    I was wondering since I have been reading about all this dust problems with some storms is it wise to carry it in a belt case?

I have always carried my curve and all other BB in my front pocket.

What is all your take on this.

I usally have a silicone case on mine but of coarse dust still can get in.
    dust shouldn't get under the screen, regardless of how you carry it. if you have dust, get a replacement.

that said, if you're not in to holsters (i know i'm not), you can use a sleeve and slip the phone into your pocket. works well for me.
    01-19-09 10:38 AM
    Dust seems to work its way in no matter what you do I have had 3 Curves and they all ended up getting dust under the screen. When you keep it in your pocket you increase the chances.
    01-19-09 10:43 AM
    Belt cases?

I thought that fad went out 10 years ago when people realised how much of a co*k they looked
    01-19-09 10:46 AM
    Just get the oterbox.
    ha!

Vote for the ol' pocket. Can't come to terms with belt clips/cases (new to smartphones, old habits die hard).
    01-19-09 10:49 AM
    ha!

Vote for the ol' pocket. Can't come to terms with belt clips/cases (new to smartphones, old habits die hard).
    Hard to imagine myself sitting in a meeting (with my phone on vibe), and having to reach into my pocket to access the phone; hard to see me LED that way, also. But to each his own...
    01-19-09 10:52 AM
    I've got both the seidio Spring belt holster, and BlackBerry's Leather OEM holster. They both provide great protection and easy access. Both as well look very professional. 2-4-1 here.
    01-19-09 11:00 AM
    i think belt case is best thats what i use and have used on all previous phones .
    01-19-09 11:38 AM
    I've always thought that belt clips look douchey but this phone is pretty big for a pocket. I might have to bite the bullet.

01-19-09 11:45 AM
    I've always thought that belt clips look douchey but this phone is pretty big for a pocket. I might have to bite the bullet.

I couldn't agree more.

My pocket is where my BBs roll. The Storm is the first to rock the silicone.

01-19-09 11:53 AM
    I personally went for the sleeve and pocket option... I'd feel too important with a belt holster.

01-19-09 11:55 AM
    Great Thanks for some advice. Just figured I would get some kind of vote on what people felt worked well.

Thanks I love this site everyone always there to help
    01-19-09 12:22 PM
    I started out with the OEM Blackberry holster but fond it to be a bit big, I am a fairly large man and find wearing it on my belt uncomfortable. Then I tried the hard plastic shell in the pocket and while I liked the shell it seemed after one days use it was showing quite a few scratches. So now I am using the OEM silicone holder in the pocket and I am not sure I am totally happy with that due to the dust collection issue. I want to have some protection from the inevitable drops but I like the looks of the bare device.

What to do...?
    01-19-09 12:33 PM
    I use the belt holster... and as for looking "douchey", I don't tuck my shirts in, so my t-shirts fall over the holster, and it's not a huge deal. Plus, if you are going with the business look, having a blackberry on your hip shows you are tech savy... IMHO
    01-19-09 12:51 PM
    I couldn't agree more.

My pocket is where my BBs roll. The Storm is the first to rock the silicone.

Broad generizations based on personal preferences aren't helpful. Some may need a more professional look in hpw that use and carry rather than a youthful appearance.
    01-19-09 01:24 PM
    Pocket from day one with no dust at all. I use to carry my iPhone on my a belt case but I feel that the storms shape makes it more inconvenient to have on the belt.
    01-19-09 01:31 PM
    I have a Krussell leather case with a belt clip. I have the Storm with the OEM silicon case, and this fits into the Krussel. In that way I have protection when the phone is out of the case as well as on my belt.
    01-19-09 03:56 PM
    gotta roll with the pocket. you cant be in the club with that s*** slappin against your leg like a mini fanny pack.
    01-19-09 04:05 PM
    Silicon cover in my front pocket. The silicon cover looks great but is a pain in the bottom to get out of my pocket in a hurry when the phone rings. Also provides good drop/slip protection. Even if it does drop, it provides decent cushion. For instance: It took a dive off my washer the other day and landed on the concrete. Granted it landed flat on it's face, it was enough to not break.

The only other thing I might get is the pocket holster. The one that sits in your pocket, not out and certainly not bulky.

Like many others, I'm far too unimportant to let everyone know I have a smart phone.
    01-19-09 04:07 PM
    I've got both the seidio Spring belt holster, and BlackBerry's Leather OEM holster. They both provide great protection and easy access. Both as well look very professional. 2-4-1 here.
    +1...

I second this opinion. I have the Seidio Spring Holster (Innocase Holster, which means the Storm with Innocase or Skin fits perfect) That way it puts it into sleep mode to save battery when holstered. When you do need to use the Storm you have your skin protecting it already. Here's the link....

Innocase Holster

P.S You don't have to buy the Seidio Innocase works perfect with regular BlackBerry Storm Skin which is what I have. If you just want the Holster that holds the Storm alone without skin or innocase get the Seidio Spring-Clip Holster (both have the spring capability)
    01-19-09 04:12 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD