I found another thread similar to his but they only talked about the Bold and such, not the Storm. I was wondering if it would be OK for the screen (dust, lint, etc.) for the Storm to go in my pocket. I have a regular screen protector on the glass and my keys are always in my left pocket so that won't be a problem.

I know it is trivial but every time I take my Storm out of the holster it lags before it unlocks itself. If I just unlock it its faster. And its not one of the holsters with the magnet either. At least I don't think it is. Just the standard snap-in VZW holster. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    08-14-09 10:25 AM
    I found another thread similar to his but they only talked about the Bold and such, not the Storm. I was wondering if it would be OK for the screen (dust, lint, etc.) for the Storm to go in my pocket. I have a regular screen protector on the glass and my keys are always in my left pocket so that won't be a problem.

I know it is trivial but every time I take my Storm out of the holster it lags before it unlocks itself. If I just unlock it its faster. And its not one of the holsters with the magnet either. At least I don't think it is. Just the standard snap-in VZW holster. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I keep mine in my pocket. Never had a problem. I keep mine locked (with the lock button). I also wear nylon shorts, so I don't have a lint problem. When I wear my jeans, I use a holster.
    08-14-09 10:35 AM
    This is the first phone I've ever had where I refuse to put in my pocket. Don't want ANY risk of getting dirt in it. Not even considering the many horror stories I've read here where dust gets under the screen... Just my .02.
    08-14-09 01:17 PM
    I bought a can of Air to keep the clean. I blow it out once a week. I never put it my pocket. I have used a Holster with all my BB's.
    08-14-09 01:23 PM
    I use a Seidio 360 case and no problem in the pocket.
    08-14-09 01:49 PM
    I use no case and no screen protector. Keep it in my pocket all time. zero issues so far (I've had mine since March).

One piece of advice: when putting the phone in your pocket, position it so that the screen is facing in (towards your leg), this way if you bump against a table corner or something you don't risk cracking your screen. At least that's the way I always do it.
    08-14-09 01:53 PM
    I work construction so I get a lot of dust issues. I bought an Otter Box. I've dropped mine in puddles, let it lay on the bed of my truck, Otte Box is the way to go if you don't mind the size. I have big hands so it actually feels perfect for me.
    08-14-09 02:51 PM
    OK, great! Thanks a lot everyone!
    08-14-09 05:53 PM
    I have had mine since December, use an Incipio Feather case and keep in my pocket. I have never had any problems with dust or moisture getting under the glass.
    08-14-09 06:03 PM
    Just got a refurb due to lint int he screen. Ugh. Using a holster now(the seido innocase and holster combo).
    08-14-09 06:07 PM
    I prefer holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 10:47 PM
    I use no case and no screen protector. Keep it in my pocket all time. zero issues so far (I've had mine since March).
    I'm with him, had my phone since February with no case or screen protector and always kept it in my pocket. It didn't matter if I wore jeans or anything, the only thing I would do is not keep my keys in the same pocket.

I just got the Otterbox Defender case which I'm totally in love with. My phone is all dinged up from using it so many months w/o protection so I bought the case fearing another 6 months or year down the road something will go bad.
    Last edited by geezersmk; 08-14-09 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-14-09 11:17 PM
    Its always in my hand. Mabye in my pocket for like a minute or two in my pocket. I take very good care of it. I've only dropped it like three times since I got it like 4
    5 months ago. Did I mention I love the phone.

08-15-09 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD