what is a good pocket case for the tour ? i was using the one that came with it but it fell out of my pocket and landed on cement on the open end so i got some bad scratch marks.
    Last edited by jerry12; 05-23-10 at 10:03 AM.
    05-21-10 01:01 AM
    You can find the one I use (Seidio Innocase Surface II) [HERE] and take a peak. I use this "hard case" with an additional screen protector---one that is also a privacy protector which you can find [HERE]. This will protect a great deal of the device and the bezel as well as hide the scratches and chips you got from the device falling.

This case doesn't add any annoying bulk to the phone and it still goes in and out of my pocket very easily. Now, if you are referring to a holster and want one of those too, Seidio makes one that will work with this case...

Seidio is a great company as well. They will replace your case for you should it become damaged from normal use, etc. and if after using the case for a while, you are not satisfied, Seidio will take the case back and refund you!
    05-21-10 07:30 AM
    You can find the one I use (Seidio Innocase Surface II) [HERE] and take a peak. I use this "hard case" with an additional screen protector---one that is also a privacy protector which you can find [HERE]. This will protect a great deal of the device and the bezel as well as hide the scratches and chips you got from the device falling.

This case doesn't add any annoying bulk to the phone and it still goes in and out of my pocket very easily. Now, if you are referring to a holster and want one of those too, Seidio makes one that will work with this case...

Seidio is a great company as well. They will replace your case for you should it become damaged from normal use, etc. and if after using the case for a while, you are not satisfied, Seidio will take the case back and refund you!
    so this case has no protection for the front of your phone ?
    05-22-10 07:02 PM
    I use this pouch.
    http://shop.crackberry.com/smartphon...medium=content

It's for the 8330, but it fits the 9630 just fine. The comparable model "designed" for the 9630 has a clip on the back which I didn't want.

This one slides right in and out of a pocket.
    05-22-10 07:18 PM
    I like to use the BB OEM synthetic pocket pouch. It offers great protection for my Berry while in my pocket along with all the custom features of a holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 08:37 PM
    I like to use the BB OEM synthetic pocket pouch. It offers great protection for my Berry while in my pocket along with all the custom features of a holster.

thats the case i was using when it felled out of my shirt pocket on to the open end of the case and put some nasty marks on my phone.
    05-22-10 08:42 PM
    thats the case i was using when it felled out of my shirt pocket on to the open end of the case and put some nasty marks on my phone.
    Sorry about that. Thought it fell out of your holster. I know OtterBox makes some great cases. I once was running, tripped and fell, and landed right on my BB....hard. If I hadn't had a defender case on at the time I'm sure I would have at least cracked the screen.

05-22-10 08:57 PM
    The case that came with my Tour was NOT open at the top. It has a magnetic flap on the top.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

I don't use it because it's too bulky for me.
    05-22-10 09:08 PM
    The case that came with my Tour was NOT open at the top. It has a magnetic flap on the top.

I don't use it because it's too bulky for me.
    my phone came with the case that you show in the picture and the pocket case that is open on the end.

Last edited by jerry12; 05-22-10 at 09:25 PM.
    05-22-10 09:21 PM
    It came with TWO cases. Hmmmm.

Maybe if you could give more details about what exactly you are looking for ....

A pocket case is typically open on the top, so if you want something different from that ....
    05-22-10 09:34 PM
    It came with TWO cases. Hmmmm.

Maybe if you could give more details about what exactly you are looking for ....

A pocket case is typically open on the top, so if you want something different from that ....
    a pocket case that is not open is what i am looking for.
    05-22-10 09:57 PM
    Ok. And the second one I linked is not open on the top. What am I missing?
    05-22-10 10:16 PM

i agree that is a nice case and have benign using every since i have had a blackberry but then at work last week the case and phone fell out of my shirt pocket on cement and landed on the open end of the case and damage my phone. i did a ins claim and got a new phone so i don't want that to happen again so thats reason that i want a closed end pocket case.
    05-23-10 07:55 AM
    CrackBerry sells an OEM BlackBerry Tour "folio" case. It is a side-entry case that protects your BB well when your phone is inside of it. You can easily remove the strap that comes with it, so that it can be slipped inside your pocket, with no problem. The description calls it "a horizontal leather folio", and it does look like leather, but is actually synthetic leather. It has a subtle stripped pattern on the front of it, and the rest of it is black, maroon, or off-white, depending upon which color you choose. I have been using it for three months now and highly recommend it. I can vouch for the protection it gives, because about a month ago, I dropped my Tour on the concrete parking lot ... thank goodness it was inside the folio, because the case protected it from any damage, no scratchs and my phones still operates flawlessly.

I also have a "Sena Ultra-Slim" leather pocket pouch for my Tour, and it is super sleek and thin. I love it too, but it does not offer the solid protection that the folio does, if you drop your Tour.
    Last edited by IndePanda; 05-23-10 at 09:35 AM.
    05-23-10 09:32 AM
    what is a good pocket case for the tour ? i was using the one that came with it but it fell out of my pocket and landed on cement on the open end so i got some bad scratch marks.
    i like the looks of this case for my phone in my shirt pocket but i didn't see any thing about the sleep function.

http://shop.crackberry.com/covertec-...medium=content
    Last edited by jerry12; 05-23-10 at 10:09 AM.
    05-23-10 10:05 AM
    I got just a standard pocket case for my 9650 from blackberry bold 9650 cases. I've only had it about a week and a half, but I've dropped my phone at least twice already now. No scratches or damage to the phone at all . Plus it's easy for me to get my phone out of my pocket, which is usually my issue with pocket cases.
    05-27-10 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD