I apologize if this has been covered already but I didn't find anything. Yesterday I bought some Magnavox earbuds so I could listen to Pandora quietly. I plugged them into my BB, started Pandora and the sound did not go through them. It still played through the phone. After that, my battery would not charge. It got stuck on 50% so I reset my BB and when it came back on, the battery was down to 10% and would not charge. I tried many different outlets in the house to be sure. So I went to the Verizon store, told them what happened, and they lent me a test battery. They ordered a replacement phone since I've had reception problems anyway. I asked if there were any specific headphones for my BB and they said as long as they are 3.5mm it will work. So I'm wondering if my plugging in the headphones had anything to do with the battery going bad... or if it was coincidence. I still want to try the headphones but I'm afraid this test battery will go bad. I looked on the package from the headphones to see if they were 3.5mm but didn't find it. Any insight is appreciated!
    01-23-10 03:41 PM
    The 2 events were probably unrelated.
    Headphones wouldn't destroy your battery and micro USB slot...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 01-23-10 at 11:13 PM.
    01-23-10 11:10 PM
    Sounds to me like it's just coincidental. I know, I hate it when things like that happen. You think ya done something wrong and really it "just happened". I've given up using corded earbuds these days. What with more and more states banning using cellphones while driving. I want my entertainment and not missing calls. My solution has been Altec Lansing BackBeat 903 Stereo BT Headset. Here's a cheaper alternative to them though.

Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - 98801

With these things being so convenient I don't have a use for corded anymore.

Cheers,
    otrpu
    01-24-10 04:17 AM
    thank you for the responses!
    01-24-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD