So I need a headset for work and I might as well get one for my cell phone as well and I noticed the Plantronics Voyager 510SL. I was just wondering if anyone has used the 510 and what their impressions are.

It looks like it could be either very comfortable or very uncomfortable.
    07-01-08 11:47 AM
    Amazon is your friend for product reviews and comparison pricing

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Voyager 510SL System W Lifter

*EDIT* If that is not the correct product... then make adjustments accordingly. I tried to find the once you specified
    07-01-08 11:49 AM
    I've had great experience with Plantronics, but never tried the 510.
    Here's a Cnet review of it though -

Plantronics Voyager 510SL Headset reviews - CNET Reviews
    07-01-08 11:50 AM
    So I need a headset for work and I might as well get one for my cell phone as well and I noticed the Plantronics Voyager 510SL. I was just wondering if anyone has used the 510 and what their impressions are.

It looks like it could be either very comfortable or very uncomfortable.
    I have (and use daily) the 510. It's a great little headset. Clear sound ... all that it is advertised to be. Search around for pricing ... it's listed at the Plantronics website for about 100 but I only paid like 40 ... I think it was from Amazon.

It's not very fashionable like a lot of the new ones ... not even very techy ... looks pretty nerdy.

I've read a lot of bluetooth complaints on these boards about encription etc not working ... I have everything set to high + encription etc (I work in a hotel and there are tons of corporate travelers so I'm a little paranoid about getting hacked) and have had no problems with people hearing me or losing connection.

It's a good, solid choice (in my opinion).
    07-10-08 11:03 AM
    Very good headset that gets lots of good reviews from cnet and others.
    Best range I;'ve had in a headset, easily 20 feet. Prolly' doesn't have the noise canceling of newer models, but in my home and office its very good to excellent on both ends of conversation.

Also, as noted above, not the sleekest set out there
    09-06-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD