12-12-08 02:42 PM
47 12
tools
    [QUOTE=ScandaLeX;591506]Was the mirror sticking out before? No!
    [/QUOTE
    I have to agree with that the mirror seems like it wasn't thought out well.
    08-09-08 07:58 PM
    I really like the idea and look of this back door. I'm kind of a back door man myself.
    I don't understand why there has to be a freakin' mirror at all on any cover. I might still get this and deal with a scratched mirror, and not care since I don't look at myself in it anyway!
    08-09-08 08:02 PM
    I have to agree with that the mirror seems like it wasn't thought out well.
    Seidio may do holsters well, but when it comes to battery doors, I'll pass. None of them seem to fit as they should and they always have excuses for why.
    IF I put the rubberized backing on my phone with an incase ruber case from seidio and holster would everything fit on there correctly

Short answer... yes.

Just keep in mind - the rubberized case does not have an opening matching the one in the new battery cover. Sound-wise, you will be right back where you started, only $20 poorer.

Don't ask me how I know this.
    Well no removing the mirror is not an option, I just kinda took it off lol but was put back on fairly easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

i don't really understand
    08-09-08 08:13 PM
    I can't figure out the hoistility about the seidio products.

I have the 2600 extended battery, which includes a new battery door. They are very well made and the fit & finish is perfect.

My innocase & holster combo is the same. They all fit and woirk together perfectly.

08-09-08 09:07 PM
    Just to let everyone know, with this battery door on it doesn't fit well in the otterbox case, the top will keep comming apart (even after the mirror is removed)
    I had bought it 2 days before deciding to get the otterbox. Oh well. Otterbox is on 24/7 now but ib kept this battery door for anytime I am going a little more formal and need to slip my curve in my pocket instead of a big holster. Overall fit and finish as a standalone battery cover... 8/10. (Looses 2 points for the stupid mirror that is not even needed... I thought on the original casing it was a spot to put your finger to get a better grip on the curve haha)
    08-09-08 11:50 PM
    I can't figure out the hoistility about the seidio products.

I have the 2600 extended battery, which includes a new battery door. They are very well made and the fit & finish is perfect.

My innocase & holster combo is the same. They all fit and woirk together perfectly.

Then you must have missed the threads on this forum and other expressing dissatisfaction with their OEM extended battery and how it doesnt fit with the OEM battery door.
    08-10-08 12:46 AM
    i don't really understand
    i mean that i just picked it off, to see what it looked like off, but i didnt like it so i managed to put it back on, I dont recomend doing this though lol your not supposed to.
    08-10-08 11:13 AM
    Then you must have missed the threads on this forum and other expressing dissatisfaction with their OEM extended battery and how it doesnt fit with the OEM battery door.
    I've read the posts that the OEM-sized extended battery is actually a little bigger than the OEM battery and prevents the OEM door from fitting properly.

I just don't see how that translates into their replacement doors not fitting properly.

You make it sound like their stuff is junk, but that does not jive with my, admittedly limited, personal experience.
    08-10-08 12:03 PM
    Look, I'm no seidio fan, this is actually the first accesory I've bought for my curve, so I have a pretty unbiased view on seidio and as far as this product goes, I'm very satisified with it, expect the stupid mirror lol.

08-10-08 02:44 PM
    I got the rubber rear door and also took the Trucker style mirror off....that thing is ugly as sh!t. lol
    08-10-08 04:36 PM
    is it flat if the mirror is removed??
    08-10-08 06:23 PM
    I've read the posts that the OEM-sized extended battery is actually a little bigger than the OEM battery and prevents the OEM door from fitting properly.

I just don't see how that translates into their replacement doors not fitting properly.

You make it sound like their stuff is junk, but that does not jive with my, admittedly limited, personal experience.
    Because NO WHERE on their site do they even mention that your current battery door will no longer fit properly with their OEM battery. Thats the whole point of OEM size and to tell someone to just cover it up with a skin is laughable at best.
    08-10-08 06:26 PM
    I really like the idea and look of this back door. I'm kind of a back door man myself.
    I don't understand why there has to be a freakin' mirror at all on any cover. I might still get this and deal with a scratched mirror, and not care since I don't look at myself in it anyway!
    hahahahaaa
    08-10-08 06:36 PM
    Look, I'm no seidio fan, this is actually the first accesory I've bought for my curve, so I have a pretty unbiased view on seidio and as far as this product goes, I'm very satisified with it, expect the stupid mirror lol.

So, what are your feelings about the mirror? haha, j/k!
    08-10-08 06:39 PM
    I wont.
    I dont get why people are so hyped by Seidio's products. They either dont fit properly or cause you to do more preventive work to your phone than necessary. Why put out this door KNOWING the damage its going to cause to the mirror. Was the mirror sticking out before? No!

I was going to take the mirror off anyway, who needs it?
    08-10-08 06:52 PM
    Just a quick question for those of you using this replacement battery cover: I'm worried that this extra speaker hole on the back would let in a lot of dust, etc. that would eventually make it to the screen, or cause other problems. Have you found this to be the case, or had any other dust/debris related problems?

Thanks.
    12-12-08 01:32 PM
    wow i like it...makes it look really clean!
    good job!
    12-12-08 02:08 PM
    looks really good, how many people have already asked you if you bought a new mobile? that happened to me after i bough a black BB case at the Sprint store....
    12-12-08 02:14 PM
    I had this on my VZW Curve 8330 and thought it was awesome. The first thing I did to it was pry off that little mirror thing; I thought it was very, very ugly. I never have my phone on anything aside from vibrate, so I cant say whether the sound quality was improved, but it did sound a bit louder when using speakerphone. After about 4 months of use I dropped my phone and the panel cracked, and I just havent gotten around to picking up another.
    12-12-08 02:20 PM
    if you take the mirror off and sand it down a lil bit you can reapply it with superglue and it will not scratch AS easily.
    12-12-08 02:42 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD