01-20-09 09:13 PM
45 12
tools
    hey guys, i used the buttons at the top too.. i didn;t notice till i put everything back together and the buttons felt like they were not there... so i took it apart and compared the two pieces..

if you look at the silver (stock) bezel you see at the top two little white dots (the buttons) and when follow where those buttons connect to, you will see two GOLD squares.. so i am assuming that these are the connects that trigger the Lock/Unlock feature..there doesn't seem like a way to transfer this function.

but yah it not a big deal for me.. phone looks nice.. i like it.. worth getting used to pressing the */call button to unlock.. you can set the soft keys on the side to lock it.. or you can download AUTOLOCK and it'll lock when it goes to sleep..

sacrifices for a sweet looking 8900.. a little different from everyone else's ; >
    01-18-09 12:34 AM
    eAccess eStore - BlackBerry 8900 Case - Leather Tote (Black)

hopefully your in the US cause shipping anywhere else is a killer!!! but there is the link to the black case no belt clip
    Hey Knowlege. I see that you are with Rogers. How much was shipping to Canada for the case. Was trying to see through the checkout but it wants me to register. Thanks
    01-18-09 01:19 AM
    Looks real slick! Anyone know if that case is available somewhere for the original Curve? Nothing is an exact match on eAccess.
    01-18-09 03:34 AM

also with this black bezel you will NOT be able to use the top unlock/lock button and the top silence button.. cause the stock faceplate has the buttons built in and some sensors to trigger the unlock/lock etc

Well, that kills it for me. I havnt even gotten mine in the mail yet.

Anyone want to buy the Black bezel?
    01-18-09 08:37 AM
    Hey just thought i'd share a picture of my black bezel and new case.. the case doesn;'t have a belt clip at the back, cause i hate wearing my phone on my belt!

waiting for BSE or some form of full body protection..

i couldn't save the warranty stick ; < i slipped and the tweezers punctured the middle of the sticker ; <

so here are some pics to let people know what it looks like
    (sorry for the bad pics.. just point and shot haha didn;t care about lighting etc)

That all black looks sweet. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    01-18-09 08:39 AM
    Hey Knowlege. I see that you are with Rogers. How much was shipping to Canada for the case. Was trying to see through the checkout but it wants me to register. Thanks
    i got my sister in law to buy it and ship it to me..

but i know that fedex costs like 40-50 bucks shipping to canada..
    01-18-09 08:24 PM
    Check out this post. It looks like Steve Chan from CNN says the buttons will work? I don't have one of these so what do you guys think about this that do have one?
    01-18-09 08:44 PM
    i replied to it.. i didn't see a way for those buttons to come off the stock bezel and the black one didn;t come with anything ..
    01-18-09 09:37 PM
    I think I will stick with the graphite chrome. I prefer it that way.

the leather case looks nice though, does it give enough clearance to the LED indicator?
    01-19-09 07:28 AM
    I think I will stick with the graphite chrome. I prefer it that way.

the leather case looks nice though, does it give enough clearance to the LED indicator?
    LED coverage is blocked slightly but you can still see it blink ; >
    01-19-09 09:16 AM
    LED coverage is blocked slightly but you can still see it blink ; >
    After the black bezel, I can't see my LED at all. I have regrets after having lost that plus both buttons up top. I am nervous I have essentially bricked my 8900 and now will dig my Pearl out of the drawer.

Make me an offer on a black Javelin, anyone?
    01-19-09 03:06 PM
    well, thats it. until a well detailed video comes out about putting on the black bezel to work 100% like the stock one... i'm gonna let it collect dust.
    01-19-09 05:59 PM
    well, thats it. until a well detailed video comes out about putting on the black bezel to work 100% like the stock one... i'm gonna let it collect dust.
    well after seeing the vid and all involved in changing to the black bezel, i decided I won't be doing it anyways. Looks a bit complicated. I'm going with a form fitting case anyways so it won't be a big deal.
    01-19-09 07:24 PM
    it;s not that hard.. minus taking off the warranty sticker ; >

i don't care for the two buttons at the top. and my LED's work just find.. i even have BB ALERTS running and all the colors work fine..

i guess to each their own ; >
    01-20-09 08:58 AM
    I prefer the chrome outline, but I really like that carrying case. I may have to get myself one of those.
    01-20-09 11:39 AM
    I prefer the chrome outline, but I really like that carrying case. I may have to get myself one of those.
    me too as I carry my phone in my pocket. don't like the hip cases. That pouch will protect it from my keys...lol
    01-20-09 11:43 AM
    anyone has a shot of the back of the phone? does it take out the providers name (i.e. Rogers, AT&T, etc.)?
    01-20-09 02:26 PM
    No, the provider's name is part of the camera assembly.
    01-20-09 03:01 PM
    that looks great!
    01-20-09 07:21 PM
    I wonder if I can scratch off the metallic finish of the bezel into a blacked out bezel without taking the bezel off and sanding it?
    01-20-09 09:13 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD