Hi,

I have just purchased the Otterbox for my 8830 and I love it...until now. If I leave the phone in the holster for more than a minute it will freeze for about 15 seconds which seems like an eternity then it runs slow for another 15 seconds or so. Also after a battery pull everything works fine and smooth but after the first time I holster the phone SMS lags big time until I pull the battery again. I have it set to NOT lock the phone while in the holster. I did a hard reboot but it did not help. I cleared my error log and cache and I currently have about 12 MB of free file space. The only third party I have is Facebook, Google Maps, Google Talk, 411, and mobile banking which are all kept deactivated until I need them. This is the first magnetic holster I have ever used and I love the Otterbox but I can't put up with having to wait 15 seconds before being able to do anything on my phone when I take it out.
    07-13-09 06:41 PM
    OK I think I figured it out. Tell me if this sounds weird. I had copied about 40 MB of Airport Facility Directory info to my SD card on my phone (I'm a private pilot) the same day I bought the Otterbox. After doing everything but wiping and starting over I decided to delete just those files off of the SD card and it solved the problem. How could this have fixed the problem?

That being said I want to clear the Otterbox by saying that it was not involved. I do not want to responsible for a negative review on the product as it is indeed amazing.
    07-13-09 10:04 PM
    Are you running an OS < 4.5.0.160 (options - about) ?
    07-14-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD