has anyone done the update and had the echo with a phone case like the skin cases and the echo is gone. when i got my phone i had the echo when i had the skin case that i bought with the phone. so i got my money back on it. so i was just wondering if anyone still has the echo or if it went away. i would like to get a case for my phone cause it keeps getting scratches on it and its annoying.....any suggestions...PLEASE!!!
    04-04-09 12:33 AM
    jslccoxook you can rest assured, this update seems to have finally addressed the echo echo echo.

I use the Otterbox case, and it added terribly to the echo, but now, not even a trace!

So rush out and get yourself a good case, bummer on the scratches so far.
    04-04-09 01:43 AM
    yep, i had the blue bb skin on mine before i did the update and the sound quality was horrible; after the update its crystal clear with the skin/heavy duty cases on
    04-04-09 01:54 AM
    jslccoxook you can rest assured, this update seems to have finally addressed the echo echo echo.

I use the Otterbox case, and it added terribly to the echo, but now, not even a trace!

So rush out and get yourself a good case, bummer on the scratches so far.
    Thank you Campbell I've been asking about that but no one would tell me, lol.

Dave
    04-04-09 06:29 AM
    I use the Otterbox case too, and am happy to say that the update solved the echo problem. Works flawlessly now.
    04-04-09 08:02 AM
    Sweet. I had been hlding off on buying a skin case for my CB until now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 10:04 AM
    thanks so much folks....i really appreciate this. i have been wanting a case and now i will get me one....again! lol
    04-04-09 10:50 AM
    I use the otter box, and w/ the update the echo is 100% gone.
    04-04-09 11:23 AM
    I'm glad to hear this too.. I've been holding off on the Otterbox because of the echo... Gonna have to pick one up now...
    04-04-09 11:53 AM
    I'm a proud skin wearer, and yes sir, echo-less

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 08:00 AM
    I also need to buy a case.
    I wanted the Otterbox but the echo thing was making me hold off. There is a case/holster made by Seido (sp?) that also seems like it would do the job.
    Besides from direct connect, the durability factor is the biggest area where my job (construction) was making me stay with phones which I wouldnt if in another field.
    Strangely, this phone is suprisingly tough. It's taken a few hard jolts which caused the back to come off and the battery out. Ive lost phones which had the military strength rating on similar incidents. I expected the 8350i to be broke but it was fine.
    Without a case it's only a matter of time though.
    04-05-09 10:19 AM
    how do i get the update? i have the otterbox and echo like ****.
    04-05-09 12:40 PM
    04-05-09 12:50 PM
    04-05-09 12:51 PM
    Is this different then the update thats available on my phone?
    04-05-09 01:01 PM
    probably not!
    considering this is the first update that would pop up since .128 gave us this option
    and that was the latest before this!
    they are identical!
    04-05-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD