03-04-09 01:20 PM
169 ... 567
tools
    sorry to ask but i ordered mine 12/12 last friday, would i get 2 skins? i didn't know about the special you were running.
    12-16-08 12:32 AM
    sorry to ask but i ordered mine 12/12 last friday, would i get 2 skins? i didn't know about the special you were running.
    I also ordered mine last Friday, sometime between 12pm and 1pm. I got an e-mail today stating that they have shipped my Phantom Skinz kit out. And yes you will receive an extra kit with your order. They do that with every phone order. The special coupon code is "1holiday2008", and what this does basically is let you choose a screen only kit for "FREE". So you 1.) Choose what Full body kit you want for 24.99, then you 2.) Choose a screen only kit. Whether it be for your phone, or a different phone, it doesn't matter. Then you 3.) Enter the coupon code "1holiday2008", and check out. The coupon code/holiday special will deduct the 9.99 it cost for the screen only kit, therefore making it "FREE".

Hope this helped.
    12-16-08 01:29 AM
    Can you email us a couple of close-up pictures so that we can try and see if it is anything on our side. Did you remove the factory installed screen protector? It is very hard to see and some people do not notice it.

guru
    Sometimes I overlook stuff like that. It's probably plain as day on the site, but sometimes I miss the forest for the trees.

Thanks for the reply!
    12-16-08 08:21 AM
    check it, PS is awesome, they sent me 2 skins still, awesome company seriously. thanks again

also need some help with install...

*****its all good, i got it just letting it sit under the light can't wait till its dried and the haze is all gone
    Last edited by ohondareal; 12-17-08 at 12:04 AM.
    12-16-08 09:35 PM
    I'm convinced! Just put my order in #1655.

Oh and first post! Hi guys
    12-20-08 03:38 AM
    ....The screen is water tight in that area...
    Please, where did you gather this? Official info, or just 'opinion'?

The photos are not too bad. Could use some work on the macro though. Don't be scared to get in there real nice and tight.

I'm VERY impressed with the pieces. That loop on the chrome bezel is a very nice one.

You're obviously an expert at applying these, and it shows. Bravo! Also very good customer service as the posts in there reflect that.

The hardest I've had to struggle with were the n95-4, k850i, and iphones because of all the coverage, the big pieces, and the curves. Nevertheless all WELL worth it.

As someone who's applied nearly a dozen such pieces in the past year and a bit, believe me when I say you will need to focus, and study a LOT about the nuances of optimal results in the application process. Every little bit you see first hand will help.

If you can manage to apply this with anywhere near 80% perfection as a first model EVER, I'd be very impressed. Not to mention avoid any water damage .

I'm a firm advocate of protechyourdevice., they give RFD a great discount and the product is solid., hence I use them exclusively.

I'd be interested to test out a few models from this company to know first hand how it stands up fwiw.

Happy Holidays
    12-23-08 01:33 PM
    Can the PhantomSkinz be used with the Blackberry Storm leather pocket pouch without any issues? Like snagging when going in or out?

Thanks!
    12-26-08 07:17 AM
    Can the PhantomSkinz be used with the Blackberry Storm leather pocket pouch without any issues? Like snagging when going in or out?

Thanks!

**Bump**

I have the same question. I have been using a silicon skin and cannot find anything that attaches to my belt and can carry the 9530. With the PS installed will the 9530 fit in the leather hip case without any fit problems?

Reply to this would be very helpful.

It seems that quite a few people have installed this PS skin. There must be some of you that carry the 9530 on your hip in a case. Which carrying cases are being used?

Thanks

Edit - **I just made the purchase of the full body PhantomSkinz for my 9530. (order#2131) No discount anymore

Hoping the PS and the leather OEM case will work ? **
    Last edited by Troy67; 02-09-09 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added more data to original post
    02-09-09 09:36 AM
    OK CB's, you make your choice. You can take advantage of our Holiday Special as described in this thread, or use the discount code below to receive a 20% discount off any PhantomSkinz order.

Discount Code = "crackberry20"

The code is case sensitive!
    Hey guru,

you still honoring the discounts?

I have placed my order #2131. If you are not, It is fine. just wanted to take a chance at it.

Can't wait to install the Skinz!
    02-09-09 02:08 PM
    Hey guru,

you still honoring the discounts?

I have placed my order #2131. If you are not, It is fine. just wanted to take a chance at it.

Can't wait to install the Skinz!
    Troy,

Yes. We are still offering Crackberry Members a 20% discount. Please use the discount code above.

Guru
    02-09-09 02:39 PM
    **Bump**

I have the same question. I have been using a silicon skin and cannot find anything that attaches to my belt and can carry the 9530. With the PS installed will the 9530 fit in the leather hip case without any fit problems?

It seems that quite a few people have installed this PS skin. There must be some of you that carry the 9530 on your hip in a case. Which carrying cases are being used?

Thanks

Edit - **I just made the purchase of the full body PhantomSkinz for my 9530. (order#2131) No discount anymore

The Phantom Skinz will fit fine in the leather hip holsters. This is the exact same setup that I am using. I was at my local mall in Gilbert AZ and I saw a Phantom Skinz cart there. I had them install the full body kit for me, and I have to say that it looks amazing. I always had it in the holster but once I saw this product I figured I could spend the $35 (after installation) to give my baby a little extra protection. There is no part of the phone that is left uncovered and it also comes with a lifetime warranty. I dont see how you could go wrong with this product. I would highly reccommend to anyone who loves their storm as much as I do.
    02-09-09 05:09 PM
    **Bump**

Thanks

Hi Troy,

I don't know what happened to your order but the "crackberry20" discount code (all in lower case letters) is valid and still provides a 20% discount to all Crackberry members.

Guru
    02-10-09 11:21 AM
    Hi Troy,

I don't know what happened to your order but the "crackberry20" discount code (all in lower case letters) is valid and still provides a 20% discount to all Crackberry members.

Guru

didnt work for me.

anything you can do?
    02-10-09 11:29 AM
    didnt work for me.

anything you can do?
    Please check for a PM.

Guru
    02-10-09 12:18 PM
    I just ordered some for my Curve!
    02-10-09 12:21 PM
    This is just awesome. I remember reading on another forum about the improvement from IS to GA to PS, but figured, eh...my local mall will install the GA.

So eventually I find myself here start linking up their site to check if the promo code still worked when low and behold, I got hit by tax! They're local! Maybe they'll install it? What? Studio? Free? Rock!

So in light of that, I'm curious. If I make appt, come into shop, will I still be elgible for 20% AND free install?

If that's a yes, feel free to PM me w/ more info and be assured my experience will be documented on hardforum and broadcast vocally to the world as I'm quite outspoken.

Cheers,

Jod
    02-19-09 01:40 AM
    Just put an order through. i can't wait to get it! I'll be able to hold the phone on it's own!
    02-19-09 11:25 PM
    Heres how my storm looks like with the phantomskinz on. this is about 15hrs after i had it installed.
    and i didnt have the skin installed on the buttons because the buttons feel weird with it on..

and heres my messed up corner..
    Last edited by eevoh; 03-04-09 at 01:15 PM. Reason: //
    03-04-09 01:14 PM
    I also had a messed corner. I wound up removing the buttons too, felt very rough and it's unnecessary IMO. A few days later I took off the sides and now only the front and back are covered. I keep it in a hard case most of the time anyway. I do have a few dust particles inside the front screen though. I might have them redo it next time I go down there.

Don't get me wrong though, it's been great. It attracts less oil from my fingers and cleans up real nice. It gets hairy on the outside, but not too bad. The front part on the glass has not peeled up or out one bit. Same for the back. Most importantly, the orange peel effect's not noticeable under normal viewing.
    03-04-09 01:20 PM
169 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD