03-04-09 02:20 PM
169 ... 4567
tools
    Just wanted to say I jumped on board and ordered a set too (#1448), after reading pages and pages of everyone plugging their product this one truly looks like the best on the market.
    Thanks for the promo code hook up!
    12-07-08 02:26 PM
    I wasn't happy with my Phantomskinz. The finished product was hazy and I ended up with several bumps at the corners. Also, the phone no longer fits well in my OEM docking pod.

Certainly the problems I experienced were partially installer error (lol), but overall I just wasn't pleased with the result and I've put the remaining items for sale in the Marketplace. Glad to hear others have had success with it!

Regardless, Guru was awesome to deal with. He answered my questions and made some helpful suggestions. I am pleased with their customer service.
    12-07-08 03:10 PM
    Ordered my IS a few weeks back, still hasn't shown up.
    Based on reviews, better cradle fit, and evangelist attempt to threadjack... I just placed my order for PhantomSkinz.
    When IS arrives it'll get returned to sender for a refund.

Thanks to guru for involvement w/ the community.

... and to think evangelist used an iPhone/cradle example for the Storm... pffft!
    Last edited by skelzer; 12-07-08 at 07:51 PM.
    12-07-08 03:15 PM
    Just placed my order, can't wait!
    12-07-08 04:01 PM
    Well now that was a lot of reading and a ton of positive feedback for PhantomSkinz. Needless to say that is all I needed to convince myself to place an order. Can't wait for it to get here!
    12-07-08 04:51 PM
    The advantages of our product are many.
    1) We feel that our pattern offers the best coverage to protect the Storm.
    2) You receive 2 patterns in our kit with each order.
    3) Our product has a clear coat that offers a flatter surface which means less orange peel to the look.
    I'm going to order the full body kit but wanted to clarify first. You say that there are two patterns in each kit. So, if I order a quantity of 1 I will get two full body patterns? Just curious as I wanted one for myself and one for my dad. Thanks!
    12-14-08 04:25 PM
    I'm going to order the full body kit but wanted to clarify first. You say that there are two patterns in each kit. So, if I order a quantity of 1 I will get two full body patterns? Just curious as I wanted one for myself and one for my dad. Thanks!
    Hi Bumpster,

Yes. When you order 1 Full Body kit, your kit will contain 2 complete Full Body patterns. We do the same with every phone skin that we sell.

guru
    12-14-08 07:30 PM
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Got me a ZAGG invisibleSHIELD as they are the best on the market, no offence to your bit of kit. Got 15% discount from this site and they have a lifetime guarantee, also free delivery worldwide.

Really easy to fit and covers every part of the phone and is totally scratch proof. I as so impressed with this skin and it is only 0.2mm thick, so fits in the charging dock no problems!
    12-14-08 07:58 PM
    Got me a ZAGG invisibleSHIELD as they are the best on the market, no offence to your bit of kit. Got 15% discount from this site and they have a lifetime guarantee, also free delivery worldwide.

Really easy to fit and covers every part of the phone and is totally scratch proof. I as so impressed with this skin and it is only 0.2mm thick, so fits in the charging dock no problems!
    Not a big fan of IS and kind of expensive, but they are OK.

Phantomskinz includes two full body skins for the same price as IS's one. They also have free shipping, a lifetime guarantee, plus a 30 day money back guarantee. Right now, they are also offering two free screen protectors with a full body protector order.

Great company...
    12-14-08 09:10 PM
    hey phantomskinz i was wondeing is theres any place that will install this for me profesionally im sure i could do it myself but for some reason your pictures look way better then most of the installs ive seen... im thinking about ordering a few sets but am still unsure of the actually protection it will give do you send samples of the material as id like to feel the product before i commit to it
    12-14-08 09:41 PM
    I applied the PS and it was easy to apply. You need patience, which I typically do not have but was done in 25min.
    TIP: Do not stretch the corner "s" pieces. That was my only, mistake and they didn't exactly line up, but an exacto knife fixed that.
    Anyway, I accidentally dropped my storm in the garage today and freaked out, it's still new. A 4' drop from a pedestal I was working on. Upon my inspection no dents or scratches to the storm. Upon closer inspection, the Phantom Skin showed a slight ding in the skin on the very corner where it's chrome. No dent or scratch noticeable on the chrome! Amazing. I am a believer as this is my first BB and first PS. Great product!
    ps. I'd take and post a pic, but haven't figures out how to do that yet. Still a newbie to this forum stuff.
    12-15-08 12:11 AM
    hey phantomskinz i was wondeing is theres any place that will install this for me profesionally im sure i could do it myself but for some reason your pictures look way better then most of the installs ive seen... im thinking about ordering a few sets but am still unsure of the actually protection it will give do you send samples of the material as id like to feel the product before i commit to it
    Rlyman,

We do installs for FREE at our design studio in Arizona. Some people that are not local choose to ship their phones to us. PM me your wishes and if you want to discuss this further.

guru
    12-15-08 01:34 PM
    Guru,

I'm not sure if this was covered or not, but do you have any photos of the back battery cover? I think I read on another forum that there is actually a cutout where the BB symbol is, but the pictures were a little small and I couldn't really tell. Thanks!
    12-15-08 03:33 PM
    Guru,

I'm not sure if this was covered or not, but do you have any photos of the back battery cover? I think I read on another forum that there is actually a cutout where the BB symbol is, but the pictures were a little small and I couldn't really tell. Thanks!
    bitter,

Sorry about the pics, but yes we have a cutout for the BB logo on the back battery cover. We actually drew the pattern both ways, but by not cutting out the area for the logo, air gets trapped under the film.

guru
    12-15-08 04:40 PM
    Just ordered the Phantom Skin...

I've purchased the IS - to thick for cradle, huge orange peel, just gross. Purchased Ghost Armor - pretty fragile IMO, scratches up easily.

Hopefully third times a charm with Phantom Skin...
    12-15-08 04:48 PM
    Ordered my kit last friday, should recieve before the end of the week. I've heard nothing but great things about PS. Also well done on answering everyones questions Guru. Now all I gotta do is order my damn Storm! Figured i should have my protection on hand when I get the 9530.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 05:19 PM
    Phantom,

I recently received my screen protector and put it on with no problems. It looks absolutely great but the sensitivity is not nearly as good as it was. Will it get better with time? I even bumped up all the touch sensitivity settings. I don't think that I like the difference enough to keep it on if I can't select anything.

Thanks.
    Last edited by lcpolk; 12-15-08 at 07:08 PM.
    12-15-08 07:03 PM
    Not a big fan of IS and kind of expensive, but they are OK.

Phantomskinz includes two full body skins for the same price as IS's one. They also have free shipping, a lifetime guarantee, plus a 30 day money back guarantee. Right now, they are also offering two free screen protectors with a full body protector order.

Great company...
    Where do you see you get two? I'd be interested, but this link Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Blackberry Storm doesn't show 2, that I can tell. Am I missing something?
    12-15-08 07:07 PM
    Phantom,

I recently received my screen protector and put it on with no problems. It looks absolutely great but the sensitivity is not nearly as good as it was. Will it get better with time? I even bumped up all the touch sensitivity settings. I don't think that I like the difference enough to keep it on if I can't select anything.

Thanks.
    lc,

How long have you had our film on? Your sensitivity should be the same as when the screen is not covered after 24 hours or so. I have it on my own Storm and can confirm, as well as many who have commented on CB.

guru
    12-15-08 07:15 PM
    lc,

How long have you had our film on? Your sensitivity should be the same as when the screen is not covered after 24 hours or so. I have it on my own Storm and can confirm, as well as many who have commented on CB.

guru
    Thanks for the quick reply. I put it on Saturday.
    12-15-08 07:18 PM
    Where do you see you get two? I'd be interested, but this link Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Blackberry Storm doesn't show 2, that I can tell. Am I missing something?
    mini,

Yes you will receive 2 kits in each order. We have a big red sticker on the header of our web site that indicates an Introductory Special and it contains 2 kits for phone skin orders. When you order one, 2 come in the package. I apologize for not making this more clear.

guru
    12-15-08 07:18 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I put it on Saturday.
    Can you email us a couple of close-up pictures so that we can try and see if it is anything on our side. Did you remove the factory installed screen protector? It is very hard to see and some people do not notice it.

guru
    12-15-08 07:23 PM
    Can you email us a couple of close-up pictures so that we can try and see if it is anything on our side. Did you remove the factory installed screen protector? It is very hard to see and some people do not notice it.

guru
    I did remove the protector. I will email you a picture and a short clip of what I am talking about.

Thanks for the help.
    12-15-08 07:35 PM
    I just sent you an email. Let me know if you don't get it.
    12-15-08 08:03 PM
    Phantom,

I just finished wiping my Storm and it seems to have gotten a little better. I think that it may have just been the OS and will hopefully improve with newer updates. Thanks for you willingness to help and offering to have someone call me.

Thanks again,

lcpolk
    12-15-08 10:32 PM
169 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD