03-04-09 01:20 PM
169 ... 34567
tools
    i would greatly like a video for installation of a phantomskin on a storm. i am wanting to purchase one, but i dont have much confidence in myself lol. so a visual of the install itself would be great.

looking forward to purchasing a set ASAP

thanks guru. you're sense of professionalism is much appreciated in these parts. the way you dealt with the "competition" when they tried to take over your thread was classy. thats what ultimately had me sold.
    12-03-08 11:00 AM
    Storm video please! I know I've been asking for one for awhile, and still nothing. It's about time people start getting some common sense and start chipping in, ha. Anywyas, yes I would like to see a Storm video please. Also if somebody out there could post some macro (close ups) shot of the coverage around the side buttons, that would be awesome, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 11:04 AM
    I ordered a ps for my storm (screen only). I just think that the whole body may be too much.

Since the ps adhesive never fully dries, if it's removed, is there any residue?

Thanks!
    12-03-08 11:14 AM
    I ordered a ps for my storm (screen only). I just think that the whole body may be too much.

Since the ps adhesive never fully dries, if it's removed, is there any residue?

Thanks!
    m,

There should be no residue upon a PhantomSkinz removal. However, we know that there may be some extreme cases. In those instances, just use a 50/50 mixture of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and water on a clean rag, and gently wipe the surface until clean.

guru
    12-03-08 11:22 AM
    Romple,

Come on now. Zoom in and look at the edges. Of course our skin is on it!
    Hey. Quick question. If you do the discount code that gives you a free screen protector does this mean that you will get three screen protectors in the end because I'm assuming by ordering the full body package it already comes with two full body skins that each include a screen protector?
    12-03-08 11:27 AM
    I just ordered this and when I entered the holiday Code it said I had to order $34.95 worth of products to use this discount! I got free shipping so $24.95 for the full set is OK. I already have a screen protector on the Storm from Vzn ( shipped with a protector) so I'll save the Phantonskinz protector for later.
    12-03-08 11:29 AM
    Hey. Quick question. If you do the discount code that gives you a free screen protector does this mean that you will get three screen protectors in the end because I'm assuming by ordering the full body package it already comes with two full body skins that each include a screen protector?
    kidqwik,

Close. But you actually will end up with 4 Screen Protectors. 2 come in the Full Body Kit and 2 additional ones will be in the Screen Only kit. You might want to consider ordering the Screen Only kit for a different phone. It is the Holidays after all.

guru
    12-03-08 12:11 PM
    All this IS vs. GA vs. PS is driving me crazy! I bought an IS Full body kit right before I purchased my storm, and I was very disappointed. As mentioned before, the pieces seemed to be too big. I started with the battery cover and the skin hung off a little bit. I ended up just installing the screen protector.

I just ordered a PS Full body kit & screen protector with the holiday promo code. So I should receive 2 sets of each, correct? I can't wait to receive this new skin so I can protect my baby better.

PhantomSkinzGuru, you don't have any kiosks or employees in NY, (upstate- Buffalo/Rochester area) do you? Im still a little weary about installing this myself and would rather have a professional do it. Thanks! =)
    12-03-08 03:07 PM
    I dont post, generally just read but I wanted to chime in and say that I went to Phantom Skinz today and bought a kit and had them install it (Which they did at no charge). The skin is absolutely awesome, very well engineered and looks factory. The screen protector is much better than the OEM, which my thumb was already scratching from scrolling. I was so impressed with the product and the install that I tipped the guy and extra $10 for putting it on for me. I'm telling you, I don't generally give out free plugs on products, but this is a must have if you treat your phone anything like i do!
    12-03-08 09:33 PM
    I as you know purchased a set and received them Wed 3rd they are still in the package because I dont want to open til i get my storm BUT I like others am SO afraid of doing this myself. I am a lady and dont really do this type thing and don't want my husband to because if it gets messed up I will be mad lol!! so if i do it and do it wrong then it's my fault! with that said!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a video for the storm! that would be great then post it or pm it to me lol!!

thanks

AirSupply,

I would need your name or order number to check into the tracking info. FYI, The USPS does not provide tracking info for First Class Mail. Please email us at contact@PhantomSkinz.com.

Installation Video?????? If we receive enough requests we could put together a YouTube type video for the CB's. Any others need/want a Storm video?

guru
    12-04-08 01:48 AM
    I too would LOVE a good detailed video on the Storm install. I can see where it all goes, but I'm a lot better at doing something I've actually seen someone else do.
    12-04-08 01:54 AM
    In the essence of time, we posted a new thread that has lots of photos and tips for installing PhantomSkinz. Here is the link.... http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pha...-storm-108766/

guru
    12-06-08 03:41 PM
    Ordered mine early this week and got it today. One word...SWEET!!!!

Went on with no trouble, have the extra set for later down the road...and PhantomSkinzGuru...THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE "hookup" wink..wink..

Larry Anderson
    Durham NC 27713
    12-06-08 06:25 PM
    I've installed things with the little spray bottle before.. how do you guys like the ps method of sticking it in a cup of water as opposed to spraying?

Thanks
    12-06-08 07:07 PM
    I've installed things with the little spray bottle before.. how do you guys like the ps method of sticking it in a cup of water as opposed to spraying?

Thanks
    I used the cup of water and it worked out just fine
    12-06-08 07:52 PM
    Just ordered mine thanks to this thread! Anyone near Columbia SC like putting these things on?
    Last edited by doubledown11; 12-07-08 at 06:18 AM.
    12-06-08 08:39 PM
    Hey PhantomSkinz,

I just wanted to know what's the advantage of purchasing a body kit from you or a competitor like InvisibleShield or Coverguards, all three of you seem to use the same "helicopter blade" material. Let me know what you have to offer me. Thanks!
    12-06-08 09:59 PM
    Would it be helpful at all to apply using distilled water? wouldnt that mean it wouldnt short anything if it got under the screen and you were to accidently put the battery in early?

or am i way off?
    12-06-08 10:47 PM
    It's such a good skin, you cant even see it
    12-06-08 10:47 PM
    Would it be helpful at all to apply using distilled water? wouldnt that mean it wouldnt short anything if it got under the screen and you were to accidently put the battery in early?

or am i way off?
    The amount of water is so small I do not think you will have an issue. I would say you would get just as much moister if you where talking on the phone sweaty
    12-06-08 11:00 PM
    i cant even tell its on
    12-06-08 11:02 PM
    Hey PhantomSkinz,

I just wanted to know what's the advantage of purchasing a body kit from you or a competitor like InvisibleShield or Coverguards, all three of you seem to use the same "helicopter blade" material. Let me know what you have to offer me. Thanks!
    htc,

The advantages of our product are many.
    1) We feel that our pattern offers the best coverage to protect the Storm.
    2) You receive 2 patterns in our kit with each order.
    3) Our product has a clear coat that offers a flatter surface which means less orange peel to the look.

There are several types and grades of material that are available. Initially 3M made the first material to protect Helicopter blades from erosion. I believe this was in the 1960's. The product has evolved tremendously since then.

Don't forget about our Holiday Special. Here is a link that describes what you will receive and a detail on the pricing.

Phantom Skinz - Holiday Special

guru
    12-07-08 12:04 PM

or am i way off?
    cray,

We do not feel that using Distilled Water will offer any advantages. You can use it if you wish. We have not had any instance where water got under the screen and negatively effected the phone.

guru
    12-07-08 12:07 PM
    is there a tutorial on removing this product too, i did a search and came up empty....ive heard horror stories about people that removed IS on their iphones..
    12-07-08 12:09 PM
    is there a tutorial on removing this product too, i did a search and came up empty....ive heard horror stories about people that removed IS on their iphones..
    nymyth,

We have a short video on our web site illustrating product removal of PhantomSkinz on a BB Bold 9000. The method is the same on all phones. Make sure that the phone and skin are warm as this helps in the removal.

guru
    12-07-08 12:22 PM
169 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD