03-04-09 02:20 PM
169 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Hey Phantom,

Like the skins. Currently have the silicone cover and am not liking it much.

I noticed that it will fit in the charging pod. But I wanted to know how well the skin holds up (if at all) when used with the plastic hip clips.

I just searched and there isn't a clip right now, but it's only a matter of time before they are out and I would likely get one.

Really interested...
    NONA
    wdrake,

I do not have any experience with any of my phones using skinz and plastic hip clips. In fact, I asked around and did not find anyone using that setup, even with a different phone. One guy has a leather hip holster and our skin on a Dare (oops). He says it works great. Any CB's using this setup?
    11-29-08 11:30 AM
    Just ordered mine. Thanks for the discount hookup!
    11-29-08 12:12 PM
    Question to the masses: Does the PhantomSkinz make the Storm any easier to hold onto? Out of the box, the thing is slippery as friggin' oil (and only gets worse as hand oils transfer).

I realize the holy grail of these things is usually the "not there" feeling, particularly for a touchscreen, but I'm actually looking for something that will improve grip so as to not slip out of my hand when removing from the holster.

Much thanks!

P.S. Didn't mean for that to read like an infernal condom ad...
    11-29-08 02:14 PM
    Question to the masses: Does the PhantomSkinz make the Storm any easier to hold onto? Out of the box, the thing is slippery as friggin' oil (and only gets worse as hand oils transfer).

I realize the holy grail of these things is usually the "not there" feeling, particularly for a touchscreen, but I'm actually looking for something that will improve grip so as to not slip out of my hand when removing from the holster.

Much thanks!

P.S. Didn't mean for that to read like an infernal condom ad...
    Yes, it adds grip to it.
    11-29-08 02:28 PM
    Thank you, Tumaz04.

PhantomSkinzGuru... Consider the order done and done. (At worst, it's a 30-day money back guarantee, right? From the general reads here, I'm betting that's going to be a non-issue.)
    11-29-08 02:37 PM
    I think I am going to have to give these a try and see how they do. I have used IS for a couple of years now mainly because they are easy to get where I live. But if these live up to the hype I will be switching all my devices.
    11-29-08 03:55 PM
    I just want to say "thanks" to PhantomSkinzGuru. I've been a blackberry user for two year with a Pearl now switching to the Storm. I've searched countless forums and have found no definite answer to the endless battle between phantomskinz, ghost armor and zagg. I wish I would have found this forum 2 years ago. I want to thank you for being so helpful and informative and with all the patience to all of the member of this site. I've placed my order (order 1326), and will definitely recommend your product if it works.
    12-02-08 07:10 PM
    How do we nice people in the Netherlands get to purchase this?
    12-02-08 07:14 PM
    Please feel free to take advantage of our 2008 Holiday Special. Order 1 Full Body Kit and receive 1 Screen Only kit. Remember that we ship 2 patterns in each kit. That's 4 kits (2 screen and 2 full body) for $24.95.

How is that for a deal?
    So I just ordered last night and I only ordered a full body kit. Does that mean that I get 2 sets of product to cover the phone. So that if one application doesn't go so hot then I have another to try again? I'm not so worried as I've had nothing but success with invisible shield products but its nice to know you ship a backup set (if thats what you're saying). I paid the 24.95 price but I didn't really "take advantage of any special". Wouldn't mind being taken care of in this regard though if I just kinda messed up. I've got the phone in hand and I've ordered an Invisible Shield and just ordered the Phantom Skinz last night TOO so as to give both products a look see before installation.

My wife is a mechanical engineer. I'll let her decide which pattern is going to work the best and provide the best install ease to protection ratio.

Thanks much though.

EDIT: Also upon looking at the zagg.com website they claim a lifetime warranty. Can't say I've ever tried to claim on that but they do claim it... What about Phantom Skinz? Also IS includes a bit of the stuff they recommend to use when spraying down the skin. But Phantom Skinz instructions tell you to make some? (Don't think I'm a troll I'm only asking questions here) I've only seen an IS product in my hands and I ordered a second after putting one on my iTouch. Now I have both an IS and a PS on order for my storm.
    Last edited by bthoward; 12-02-08 at 07:56 PM.
    12-02-08 07:46 PM
    I already placed my order for PhantomSkinz (order # 1331 -> nice number ^__^) a few mins ago. Thanks Phantom for the discount code for CB members !
    12-02-08 08:31 PM
    So I just ordered last night and I only ordered a full body kit. Does that mean that I get 2 sets of product to cover the phone. So that if one application doesn't go so hot then I have another to try again? I'm not so worried as I've had nothing but success with invisible shield products but its nice to know you ship a backup set (if thats what you're saying). I paid the 24.95 price but I didn't really "take advantage of any special". Wouldn't mind being taken care of in this regard though if I just kinda messed up. I've got the phone in hand and I've ordered an Invisible Shield and just ordered the Phantom Skinz last night TOO so as to give both products a look see before installation.

My wife is a mechanical engineer. I'll let her decide which pattern is going to work the best and provide the best install ease to protection ratio.

Thanks much though.

EDIT: Also upon looking at the zagg.com website they claim a lifetime warranty. Can't say I've ever tried to claim on that but they do claim it... What about Phantom Skinz? Also IS includes a bit of the stuff they recommend to use when spraying down the skin. But Phantom Skinz instructions tell you to make some? (Don't think I'm a troll I'm only asking questions here) I've only seen an IS product in my hands and I ordered a second after putting one on my iTouch. Now I have both an IS and a PS on order for my storm.
    bthoward,

Great Question! YES, you will receive 2 complete patterns that match your order. Just to clarify, if you order a Full Body Kit, you will receive 2 complete Full Body patterns in that kit. If you order a Screen Only kit, you will receive 2 Screen patterns. Orders that are in multiples of this will receive multiple patterns. We feel that the patterns are the most important/expensive part of the shipment. Anyone can buy a "household trigger sprayer" and some baby shampoo for far less than an additional kit/pattern would cost you from some others. Also, please check out the posts that show our pattern and coverage compared to other guys.

That being said, look for our release of our "Pro Installer Kit" due out in the first quarter of 2009.

Lifetime warranties......we all have our variation. I think ours is explained on our web site. Any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.

Finally, if you missed the opportunity to take advantage of any of our Specials, please email us directly and we will do whatever possible to help you out.

Thanks for the post!

guru
    12-02-08 11:14 PM
    Thank you PhantomSkinz for the promo code, I ordered mine (1339).

i
    12-02-08 11:33 PM
    Now you say you get 2 patterns. Just curious what do these patterns look like. I thought these were clear, and basically unseen.
    12-03-08 12:20 AM
    ok, its late and I am new to these skins. So do you mean coverage patterns? I would have modified my previous post, but hit or miss tonight with being able to navigate
    12-03-08 12:23 AM
    Now you say you get 2 patterns. Just curious what do these patterns look like. I thought these were clear, and basically unseen.
    Our patterns are show on our web site. Please check them out there or on other CB threads.
    12-03-08 12:33 AM
    ok, its late and I am new to these skins. So do you mean coverage patterns? I would have modified my previous post, but hit or miss tonight with being able to navigate
    Our patterns are our skinz. Feel free to check them out on our web site. if you need a link, just let me know.

guru
    12-03-08 12:34 AM
    I was at your site. The question was directed i guess at the definition of pattern for these.

i think i answered my question that the pattern referred to the coverage pattern not a pattern that you see as like decoration...

But i only saw 1 pattern for the storm, which was what it shows when you select the storm or any other phone. Thats why i was confused.
    12-03-08 12:38 AM
    Phantom,

I'll be in the Chandler area next week and was wondering about having someone from your team do the install for me. How would I go about this? Feel free to PM me if you want to take the convo of the board.
    12-03-08 01:11 AM
    I don't have any pictures, but I did install the PS skin on my phone the other day and Iove it. It came out pretty good. The only overlap was on the chrome part. Not a big feal at all though. I think that the screen responds better too with the screen protector on it. It might just be my imagination though. Who knows. For the price, it is definatly worth it. GREAT PRODUCT. A+

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by MRHommel; 12-03-08 at 03:56 AM.
    12-03-08 03:53 AM
    I put this on my phone also. I have used bestskinsever in the past for my other phones so I had an idea of what it was going to take to put it on.

PS seems to be thicker than the BSE and it was pretty easy, for me anyways, to put it on. I didn't have any problems with water getting in/under the screen. I nicely wedged a piece of paper around the entire screen while working on that part. They say to do the screen first since it's supposed to be the easiest, so I did, but I wish I would have done the battery cover first just so I knew the feel of it. I did end up with a little bubble on my screen. At first I didn't think it was going to turn out clear, but it did after a few hours of drying and I didn't have any problems putting it on. I think it fit nicely and am glad I tried it. So far, so good!
    12-03-08 06:27 AM
    I was at your site. The question was directed i guess at the definition of pattern for these.

i think i answered my question that the pattern referred to the coverage pattern not a pattern that you see as like decoration...

But i only saw 1 pattern for the storm, which was what it shows when you select the storm or any other phone. Thats why i was confused.
    Drudnick,

I guess I am confused. We/I call a pattern to be the shape of the film that has been designed to cover your phone. A Screen pattern would only cover the screen. The Full Body contains the Screen pattern plus all of the additional pieces to cover the remainder of the phone. When you go to our page that shows the Storm image, you can also see the shape of the pattern as it is shown as being a quarter inch or so away from the phone. This is done to try and exhibit the shape and coverage that you will receive with your order.

All phone patterns are of a different shape so as to provide the best coverage/protection.

Whew! I hope I am clearing things up here and not making this subject more confusing.

guru
    12-03-08 10:10 AM
    Phantom,

I'll be in the Chandler area next week and was wondering about having someone from your team do the install for me. How would I go about this? Feel free to PM me if you want to take the convo of the board.
    Hello UM,

YES. We would love to do the installation on your phone. We do it at our design studio and you can watch the installation and ask all kinds of questions while you are there.

We do ask that you call and schedule an appointment. We are extremely busy drawing all of the newly launched phones, but are happy to do installations.

guru
    12-03-08 10:13 AM
    Hey, I'm still questioning which/what/who/how to get...

I am assuming that this will fit with a silicone cover...right?

also, are you going to be putting up a video of install for the storm (any eta?)?
    Hi SCMoney,

Well in response to your first comment, we hope that you choose PhantomSkinz.

YES, the phone still fits in a silicone cover after our product is installed. You should wait for 24 hours first so that you do not accidentally peel an edge up or something when putting the newly covered phone into the cover/case. By waiting, this allows any microscopic layers of H2O to fully evaporate and ensures that your skin is fully adhered.

Video??? - We have one on our site for the BB Bold 9000. The procedures are the same. At this time we are not planning a Storm Installation Video, but if we receive hundreds of requests, we could change our minds.

Do you feel that our Bold video, plus our instructions and Tech Tips are not enough? I could go speak with "the boss" about this.

guru
    12-03-08 10:22 AM
    To Guru:

I have 2 quick question:

- Do I have tracking # for my order?

- Can you guys make an installation video for Storm please? I don't have finger-tips, so I need a video to follow >__<
    12-03-08 10:29 AM
    To Guru:

I have 2 quick question:

- Do I have tracking # for my order?

- Can you guys make an installation video for Storm please? I don't have finger-tips, so I need a video to follow >__<
    AirSupply,

I would need your name or order number to check into the tracking info. FYI, The USPS does not provide tracking info for First Class Mail. Please email us at contact@PhantomSkinz.com.

Installation Video?????? If we receive enough requests we could put together a YouTube type video for the CB's. Any others need/want a Storm video?

guru
    12-03-08 11:39 AM
169 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD