03-04-09 02:20 PM
169 1234 ...
tools
    I'm convinced. Just ordered mine =D
    11-26-08 05:04 PM
    How is it for taking off? If I ended up wanting to remove it, is it hard?/does it leave marks?
    Great question!

Our product is relatively easy to remove. It helps if the phone is a little warm when removing the film. The removal does not leave any residue behind either.

We have a removal video on our web site for the BB Bold 9000. Here is the link.

PhantomSkinz Removal Demo
    11-26-08 05:35 PM
    any reviews of this from people who have got them
    11-26-08 05:56 PM
    i just had mine installed and shot a bunch of photos of the whole process.

1. the skin is not too thick - it still sits in my bedside cradle with ease.
    2. the skin is not too sticky - it will go in & out of your pocket relatively easily.
    3. the film has relatively little orange peel to it. a LOT less than the other guys
    4. there is no change to the touch screen sensitivity. at all.
    5. the phone sets into my hand nicer now - like it sinks in and doesn't want to go anywhere. super nice feel
    6. customer service was TOP NOTCH. the boys at Phantom Skinz treat you right.

there was some liquid required to be sprayed on the phone. not any more than a brief mist. overall, this is a MUCH nicer skin than the Invisible Shield or the Ghost Shield... AND THE PHONE STILL FITS IN MY CRADLE! WHOOO HOOO!!!

i can't stress this enough - there's virtually NO orange peal - i was totally shocked. i am going to see if these guys will do my Lotus too!
    Last edited by the1sen; 11-26-08 at 06:33 PM.
    11-26-08 06:28 PM
    The1sen, you just said that it has "relatively little orange peel to it" and then at the end you say "there's virtually no orange peel".....? Which one is it? Also you state that it's much better then IS and GA, have you used these two also?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 06:43 PM
    Can you post the pics?

also, phantomskinzguru: thanks i cant wait to get mine in the mail lol!! I hope it's easy to put on after all I am a blonde

i just had mine installed and shot a bunch of photos of the whole process.

1. the skin is not too thick - it still sits in my bedside cradle with ease.
    2. the skin is not too sticky - it will go in & out of your pocket relatively easily.
    3. the film has relatively little orange peel to it. a LOT less than the other guys
    4. there is no change to the touch screen sensitivity. at all.
    5. the phone sets into my hand nicer now - like it sinks in and doesn't want to go anywhere. super nice feel
    6. customer service was TOP NOTCH. the boys at Phantom Skinz treat you right.

there was some liquid required to be sprayed on the phone. not any more than a brief mist. overall, this is a MUCH nicer skin than the Invisible Shield or the Ghost Shield... AND THE PHONE STILL FITS IN MY CRADLE! WHOOO HOOO!!!

i can't stress this enough - there's virtually NO orange peal - i was totally shocked. i am going to see if these guys will do my Lotus too!
    11-26-08 06:46 PM
    I just watched the video the thing I am wondering about is with the storm can you pull the screen off since it is a clickable screen? crazy I know, but just curious?

Great question!

Our product is relatively easy to remove. It helps if the phone is a little warm when removing the film. The removal does not leave any residue behind either.

We have a removal video on our web site for the BB Bold 9000. Here is the link.

PhantomSkinz Removal Demo
    11-26-08 06:48 PM
    Two questions:

1. If it is so great why would you get two of each skins for this holiday "deal"?

2. If it is so great why would you want to take it off?
    11-26-08 06:56 PM
    I'm going to "one-up" the holiday special offered by PhantomSkinz. 20% off your entire purchase at ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield for all CrackBerry forum members. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to email me at evangelist@zagg.com. My iPhone fits in the cradle it came with, by the way and the application won't damage the phone.

Discount Code: CRACKBRY20

Thanks!
    11-26-08 07:02 PM
    Two questions:

1. If it is so great why would you get two of each skins for this holiday "deal"?

2. If it is so great why would you want to take it off?
    1. The part you get free doesn't have to be the same model. Get a full body for your Storm, get a screen-only for someone else as a gift.

2. People screw up. The installation is pretty easy once you've tried it, but a lot of times the first application doesn't come out quite right. It was that way for me when I tried putting a PhantomSkinz protector on my 8820. The second time I got it the way I liked it, and have had it on ever since.
    11-26-08 07:03 PM
    i saw the other 2 products before. the orange peal is very apparent in them, which is why i never got them...

yes, "very little orange peal" on and "virtually none" would be the same in my description - now that it's drying, it's getting smoother too.

seeing the difference in the materials side by side definitely demonstrated a MUCH smoother Phantom Skinz product.

the topography of the material is noticeably smoother and obviously thinner as the phone still fits in the cradle nicely.

thanks again Phantom Skinz
    11-26-08 07:21 PM
    I'm going to "one-up" the holiday special offered by PhantomSkinz. My iPhone fits in the cradle it came with, by the way and the application won't damage the phone.
    it's nice that your iPhone fits in the cradle it came with. does the BlackBerry Storm fit in the bedside cradle with your film installed?

orange peal is an important factor to me.

fitting in my cradle is another important factor for me.

i'm happy to pay a few bucks extra to get something that addresses my needs/wants better for my preferences.

i'm so glad i got rid of my iPhone and went back to Verizon and Crackberry. i'm really fortunate.
    11-26-08 07:30 PM
    I'm going to "one-up" the holiday special offered by PhantomSkinz. 20% off your entire purchase at ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield for all CrackBerry forum members. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to email me at evangelist@zagg.com. My iPhone fits in the cradle it came with, by the way and the application won't damage the phone.

Thanks!
    Nice try Evangelist. Stay on your own thread and try and mislead the CB's over there.

But since you brought it up, I would like you to "one up" the PhantomSKinz Holiday Special. We are providing 2 Full Body patterns and 2 Screen Only patterns for $24.95. And that includes FREE USPS First Class Mail shipping.

Since you only provide 1 pattern in each kit/order, someone would need to order 2 complete Full Body Kits and 2 Complete Screen Only kits from Zagg to receive the same number of patterns. That would retail for $79.80. Giving your generous 20% discount would bring the order down to $63.84. I may not be a math wiz, but $24.95 seems a lot less expensive than $63.84.

Oh, BTW, we cover the corners of the Storm too. We feel the corners are the most vulnerable part of the phone.

Finally, maybe you should post your "cradle" comments regarding an iPhone on an Apple forum, because the news is that the Storm will not fit in its' charging pod with your skin on it.
    11-26-08 07:37 PM
    Can you post the pics?
    [/SIZE]
    uh, huh. here ya go.
    11-26-08 07:41 PM

Thanks!
    OK CB's, you make your choice. You can take advantage of our Holiday Special as described in this thread, or use the discount code below to receive a 20% discount off any PhantomSkinz order.

Discount Code = "crackberry20"

The code is case sensitive!
    11-26-08 07:43 PM
    Phantom-

Off topic, but does your MacBook skin cover the NEW unibody 13" Mac Book?
    11-26-08 07:49 PM
    Did you enter the discount code "1holiday2008"? Basically you order a Full Body Kit of your choice and a Screen Only kit of your choice. Enter the discount code at checkout. The discount code will deduct the cost of the Screen Only kit, for a net sale of $24.95. You will receive 2 Full Body patterns in the Full Body kit and 2 Screen patterns in the Screen kit.
    Phantom, can you please give the exact links for what I need to do to get two full body and two screens for $24.99?

Thank you very much
    11-26-08 07:51 PM
    Please feel free to take advantage of our 2008 Holiday Special. Order 1 Full Body Kit and receive 1 Screen Only kit. Remember that we ship 2 patterns in each kit. That's 4 kits (2 screen and 2 full body) for $24.95.

How is that for a deal?

Thanks Phantom; awesome deal! I'm a long time BSE customer, but I just bought your skin for my Storm... Can't wait to get it!
    11-26-08 07:55 PM
    phantomskinzguru....I sent you a pm. Thanks
    11-26-08 08:04 PM
    Phantom-

Off topic, but does your MacBook skin cover the NEW unibody 13" Mac Book?
    Unfortunately we do not currently have the design for the new aluminum 13" Macbook. However, as soon as we can find someone near Chandler, AZ who is willing to let us use theirs for design will add it to our site.
    11-26-08 08:16 PM
    that's why i didnt use Zapp it was $$ to ship and only 1 item. I already received my shipping confirmation email. so in 5-7 days I will have a phantom NO storm yet though lol!

Nice try Evangelist. Stay on your own thread and try and mislead the CB's over there.

But since you brought it up, I would like you to "one up" the PhantomSKinz Holiday Special. We are providing 2 Full Body patterns and 2 Screen Only patterns for $24.95. And that includes FREE USPS First Class Mail shipping.

Since you only provide 1 pattern in each kit/order, someone would need to order 2 complete Full Body Kits and 2 Complete Screen Only kits from Zagg to receive the same number of patterns. That would retail for $79.80. Giving your generous 20% discount would bring the order down to $63.84. I may not be a math wiz, but $24.95 seems a lot less expensive than $63.84.

Oh, BTW, we cover the corners of the Storm too. We feel the corners are the most vulnerable part of the phone.

Finally, maybe you should post your "cradle" comments regarding an iPhone on an Apple forum, because the news is that the Storm will not fit in its' charging pod with your skin on it.
    11-26-08 08:20 PM
    i should have been clear on the pics lol!! sorry. I thought you took pics applying it lol!! sorry my bad!

uh, huh. here ya go.
    11-26-08 08:21 PM
    I would love to get rid of this POS silicone cover, looks like **** on the storm.
    11-26-08 08:21 PM
    im not phantom but here is the link i went to and ordered. be sure and enter the code! and also order the protector. just read the site and it will explain to you.

Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Blackberry Storm

Phantom, can you please give the exact links for what I need to do to get two full body and two screens for $24.99?

Thank you very much
    11-26-08 08:24 PM

Thank you very much
    The details for our Holiday Special can be found here.

To receive the offer:
    1) Choose a full body kit
    2) Choose a screen kit
    3) At the checkout screen, enter the discount code found on our website

Thats it! Your order will only show one full body kit and one screen kit, but remember, PhantomSkinz automatically ships all orders (phones only) with enough material to cover 2 phones.

It can be somewhat confusing, so send us an email at contact@phantomskinz.com and we will be happy to answer any further questions that you may have.
    11-26-08 08:24 PM
169 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD