07-23-09 08:27 PM
61 123
tools
    Think you could "unpark" my order a few days before the official release?
    06-30-09 12:46 AM
    Why not just ship them if you have them in stock? What's the point in waiting for the phone to be released first?
    richro,

We would love to ship the patterns now but until the phone is officially released, we cannot confirm the pattern. Management has told me that RIM does not provide us with any actual phones or replicas. We must wait like everyone else and get the phone on release day, give it to one of our designers, have him draw it, and start production of that model.

The advantage of having a pre-order with us is that your order will ship first when the pattern is produced. We offer pre-orders with most popular phone launches. I hope this helps.....

Guru
    06-30-09 10:51 AM
    Thanks for the clarification.

Your site says:

This product is for pre-order purposes only. Items will begin shipping the day the phone is officially released and will ship in the order received.
    Will you be able to produce patterns the same day as the phone is released (7/12), or will it be more likely that the protectors start shipping out closer to a week after you receive your first item?
    06-30-09 11:09 AM
    richro,

We would love to ship the patterns now but until the phone is officially released, we cannot confirm the pattern. Management has told me that RIM does not provide us with any actual phones or replicas. We must wait like everyone else and get the phone on release day, give it to one of our designers, have him draw it, and start production of that model.

The advantage of having a pre-order with us is that your order will ship first when the pattern is produced. We offer pre-orders with most popular phone launches. I hope this helps.....

Guru
    You guys should contact rim. You will have it sooner than invisible shield, and I got it cheaper. So I went with you guys. Would be nice to have it before I get the phone though.
    06-30-09 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the clarification.

Your site says:

Will you be able to produce patterns the same day as the phone is released (7/12), or will it be more likely that the protectors start shipping out closer to a week after you receive your first item?
    paul,

We intend to ship the same day as the phone is released. Obviously there could be a problem, but we do not foresee any. We did the same for the launch of the Blackberry Storm and shipped the same day as the phone was released.

Guru
    06-30-09 11:43 AM
    Thanks. Looking forward to it.
    06-30-09 11:46 AM
    You guys should contact rim. You will have it sooner than invisible shield, and I got it cheaper. So I went with you guys. Would be nice to have it before I get the phone though.
    Syco,

Our management has been in touch with RIM at 2 of this years CE shows. The report back was "no deal".

I do not believe that any skin manufacturer will get the phone early. Also, we are very leary of producing designs from specs. One of our competitors had a problem when they did this earlier this year on a phone skin.

If anyone from RIM is monitoring this site, we would love to open a dialog with you about product releases and availability for skin designs. Please PM me.

Guru
    06-30-09 11:47 AM
    Hello to all you CB's,

In response to the comment that it is silly to take orders and not ship until the phone releases, I guess that is an opinion.
    Guru
    That would be me. I didn't know that the Skins were not made yet for the tour. I thought you had the skins already made up and was just holding onto them for some reason even though we placed our orders, so I appoligize. Your website makes it seem like your just holding onto the skins until the phone ships which is what got a lot of us wild up about. I look forward to getting your skin for the phone!

question though... if I have a leather holster and place the phone in it, will your sheild brown over a little time? I know when I had invisable sheild there shield stained brown after being in a leather holster, does yours kinda do the same that you know of?
    06-30-09 11:56 AM
    good looks
    06-30-09 12:02 PM
    That would be me. I didn't know that the Skins were not made yet for the tour. I thought you had the skins already made up and was just holding onto them for some reason even though we placed our orders, so I appoligize. Your website makes it seem like your just holding onto the skins until the phone ships which is what got a lot of us wild up about. I look forward to getting your skin for the phone!

question though... if I have a leather holster and place the phone in it, will your sheild brown over a little time? I know when I had invisable sheild there shield stained brown after being in a leather holster, does yours kinda do the same that you know of?
    mj,

Some of the phone skins will discolor when placed in a case or holster that has a dye that slowly comes off. I have experienced it and actually had my white shirt discolor where a case rubbed the side. If the dye that they use is not very stable and permanent, it will discolor any skin. We have added a clear coat on the top of our material to help avoid this issue as well as make the material smoother and flatter.

Guru
    06-30-09 12:45 PM
    Syco,

Our management has been in touch with RIM at 2 of this years CE shows. The report back was "no deal".

I do not believe that any skin manufacturer will get the phone early. Also, we are very leary of producing designs from specs. One of our competitors had a problem when they did this earlier this year on a phone skin.

If anyone from RIM is monitoring this site, we would love to open a dialog with you about product releases and availability for skin designs. Please PM me.

Guru
    well dont ask for a fully functional phone but rather a dummy or a shell. something like that. would help to get the ball rolling. i can see what you mean about producing a phone to a spec though, could be very very bad.
    06-30-09 01:33 PM
    looks like this thing will have a rubber backing now --- no point in getting anything more than a screen protector now, right? will the adhesive process even work on that type of a material?
    07-01-09 05:02 PM
    looks like this thing will have a rubber backing now --- no point in getting anything more than a screen protector now, right? will the adhesive process even work on that type of a material?
    the edges of the battery cover will be rubber, but the middle part of the battery door will not be and will need a cover on it to keep the middle section from getting scratched up
    07-01-09 05:12 PM
    Yeah it works on rubber

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 05:28 PM
    Do these Phantom Skins have the "egg shell" type of look like the Invisible Shields do if you hold them at an angle?
    07-01-09 05:34 PM
    Do these Phantom Skins have the "egg shell" type of look like the Invisible Shields do if you hold them at an angle?
    someone said no. even if it does, that is fine. my tour will still look great after a year or two.
    07-01-09 06:20 PM
    No. It's commonly referred to as orange peel. Invisible Shield is garbage compared to Phantomskinz. I've owned plenty of both and there is no comparison. I wish that I had seen this thread earlier though and gotten in on the 50% discount. Darn.
    07-01-09 06:25 PM
    No. It's commonly referred to as orange peel. Invisible Shield is garbage compared to Phantomskinz. I've owned plenty of both and there is no comparison. I wish that I had seen this thread earlier though and gotten in on the 50% discount. Darn.
    Well, you sold me. I just ordered mine but missed the 50% boo. Got 20% by googling a coupon though.
    07-01-09 08:34 PM
    Oh bummer. I entered the Crackberry coupon too, but after ordering, saw a big banner on the site that said "enter independence33 for 33% off!"

07-13-09 03:47 PM
    Anyone care to venture a guess about the "self healing" properties that are touted in the product description?...lol I'm intrigued.
    07-13-09 04:00 PM
    Thanks for the 33% code. Just ordered mine this afternoon w/ priority shipping.
    07-13-09 04:01 PM
    Does anyone know if the screen only comes with the part covering the Blackberry logo on top? or is it just the square

Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for BlackBerry Tour 9630
    07-13-09 04:06 PM
    I read on another post on here last week that the skins might not fit the Tour b/c the Tour wasnt officially released yet for the company to measure the phone to get the exact cut of the skin. Can anyone confirm this? I couldnt find the post,

PS. how is Phantom Skin compared to Invisishield?
    07-13-09 04:09 PM
    I read on another post on here last week that the skins might not fit the Tour b/c the Tour wasnt officially released yet for the company to measure the phone to get the exact cut of the skin. Can anyone confirm this? I couldnt find the post,

PS. how is Phantom Skin compared to Invisishield?
    Looks like a very good fit to me:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ph...ctures-266164/
    07-13-09 04:14 PM
    I did notice that thread and checked out those pics and they look great. Then again, ive seen invisishield skins put on phones as well and they just just as good. My main concern is how does it hold up and how long before it peels off? I know that it comes with 2 sets but it takes some time and patience just to put 1 set on, you know?
    07-13-09 04:27 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD