I applied the PS to my phone about 3 weeks ago. Since then my phone has been dropped off a train, kick saved into a wall, lost in a snow bank, and has had many many many things done to it that it should not have survived. The PS has done wonders. The other day though, I did drop it and the PS did get ripped. I haven't had the nerve to take it off and give it a full inspection, but I do believe the chrome is scratched.

I am very abusive to all my phones. They are exposed to all types of environments working for the railroad. I am thouroully convinced that if it not for the skin, it would have been destroyed. I was a previous Q user, and after deciding to get rid of it after my 7th replacement I am very happy with this phone and the skin. The PS will take damage, but it does seem to take a lot of abused before it does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 05:28 PM
    You also have to thank the amazing build quality of the Storm. RIM did a really good job on it. It's always been that way, though, for all blackberries.
    12-22-08 05:31 PM
    wow you really put the beat on your phone huh lol. I love my Storm i don't think i would every kick the crap out of it like that. I just received my GA in the mail today and im just waiting to put it on tonight so that i don't miss as many calls from it being off and drying. Its good to know that these types of covers really do help the phone survive
    12-22-08 06:12 PM
    Honestly, these skins don't protect your phone like everyone thinks they do. Do you really think a 1 mm thin piece of plastic protects the phone when it's dropped on the ground? Absolutely not, the impact/shock of the drop hits the phone full blast. All a skin does is protect the phone from scratches and whatnot. It's not like a full case which actually absorbs some of the impact of a drop or whatever.
    12-22-08 06:24 PM
    Well yeah. I don't considered my skin the glue that held it all together. It just has protected it from road rash and other type things. I definately thank RIM for building the phones to be able to take a kick save.

12-22-08 09:30 PM
    i have ghost armor and a Silicone cover on mine i feel pretty confident wit its protection
    12-23-08 07:15 PM
    I've already got my PS kit sitting at home waiting for my Storm. And then i'll get a seidio innocase II, that should be good enough. Thanks for the post though, it's always nice to hear these stories.

12-23-08 07:58 PM
    I applied the PS to my phone about 3 weeks ago. Since then my phone has been dropped off a train, kick saved into a wall, lost in a snow bank, and has had many many many things done to it that it should not have survived. The PS has done wonders. The other day though, I did drop it and the PS did get ripped. I haven't had the nerve to take it off and give it a full inspection, but I do believe the chrome is scratched.

I am very abusive to all my phones. They are exposed to all types of environments working for the railroad. I am thouroully convinced that if it not for the skin, it would have been destroyed. I was a previous Q user, and after deciding to get rid of it after my 7th replacement I am very happy with this phone and the skin. The PS will take damage, but it does seem to take a lot of abused before it does.

Glad to hear it's holding up..
    I was so impressed after they put it on my storm, I had them do a couple touchscreens for my job.
    And no, you can not have my user name..
    12-23-08 08:46 PM
    i have had my storm since the release date (nov. 21st) and i JUST put my invisible shield on last night. after seeing a few torture test i saw how good the screen was at resisting scratches, i decided to leave everything off of it. cause c'mon it looks way better without and ugly *** case coving it up LOL. but the invisible shield it transparent, and gives it better grip. and surprisingly enough the touchscreen is JUST as sensitive. it sure was a task putting it on, and took a good 20 min. but we will see how good it helps out in the long run
    12-30-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD