04-23-12 01:00 PM
26 12
tools
    I'm obsessive compulsive. I'm an Amazon addict and my clicking finger is very active. I have purchased a dozen cases for a few phones, costing me a lot of money. The latest was the Otterbox Defender for my (old) Torch 9850.....garbage. SO, when I went and got my Bold 9930 this past Sunday, I resisted the first ad I saw and did my homework. I searched the forums, googled websites and read reviews. The final decision was an Otterbox Commuter case with a Seidio Active holster......walah!!! This is an awesome combination. The Otterbox fits like a glove, is very protective without being a hindrance and it sits in the quality (very nice!) Seidio holster perfectly.

I wish I could take the credit for this, but I read about this combo in several forums. So, to those who figured this out and posted about it....thanks. You guys have saved me from another season of crappy, useless cases and holsters. Unless of course somebody has found something else......
    mssca likes this.
    02-01-12 02:47 PM
    post some pics? I'm forever looking for that perfect case/holster combo...I used the seidio one for the storm2 which was perfect! Currently using the bb OEM hard shell or the leather sleeve when I feel like going bare....
    02-01-12 03:00 PM
    Looks like a great combination, thanks!
    02-01-12 03:01 PM
    post some pics? I'm forever looking for that perfect case/holster combo...I used the seidio one for the storm2 which was perfect! Currently using the bb OEM hard shell or the leather sleeve when I feel like going bare....
    Hope these turn out. Never posted pics here before.
    02-01-12 04:05 PM
    Otter Box Commuter with OEM Bold 9000 Holster. Magnet lines up perfectly for better battery management.
    rrrebo likes this.
    02-01-12 04:08 PM
    Otter Box Commuter with OEM Bold 9000 Holster. Magnet lines up perfectly for better battery management.
    With this Otterbox/Seidio combo, the screen turns off before it's even snapped into the clip. Works extremely well. I looked at the OEM holster. That's the leather holster right? I don't like sliding my phone into a holster. It's easier for me to simply snap it in.
    02-01-12 04:16 PM
    +1. This is a great set up.
    02-01-12 04:23 PM
    With this Otterbox/Seidio combo, the screen turns off before it's even snapped into the clip. Works extremely well. I looked at the OEM holster. That's the leather holster right? I don't like sliding my phone into a holster. It's easier for me to simply snap it in.
    I used the Koskin Bold 9000 OEM holster. Additional protection and perfect fit. YMMV, but I like the OEM vs the Seidio.
    02-01-12 04:25 PM
    I may have to pick up the Sedio holster. I'm currently using the Commuter and the OEM 9000 holster, but I've been looking for a clip holster to use.

So is it good and secure? The clip at the top doesn't want to try to slide up the back of the device does it? how about the camera button, is it smashed in by the side of the holster? I'm quite curious because if it fits like a glove I may have to buy this...

Great pics by the way.
    02-01-12 04:41 PM
    Looks like a great combo, I may try it too. Thanks for posting this!

PS: its voilà, not walah

sent using Tapatalk
    02-01-12 05:03 PM
    OB Commuter and Seidio Active holster or the new OB Defender case and holster. I am still thinking of giving the latter a try.
    02-01-12 06:17 PM
    Just checked Amazon, and got some sad news:

Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
    02-01-12 06:31 PM

Recently ordered the Seidio Surface set for my 9900 direct from Seidio, and had it in my hands five days later. (Regular snail mail.)

02-01-12 06:38 PM
    /me can't wait that long lol
    02-01-12 08:23 PM
    I'm obsessive compulsive. I'm an Amazon addict and my clicking finger is very active. I have purchased a dozen cases for a few phones, costing me a lot of money. The latest was the Otterbox Defender for my (old) Torch 9850.....garbage. SO, when I went and got my Bold 9930 this past Sunday, I resisted the first ad I saw and did my homework. I searched the forums, googled websites and read reviews. The final decision was an Otterbox Commuter case with a Seidio Active holster......walah!!! This is an awesome combination. The Otterbox fits like a glove, is very protective without being a hindrance and it sits in the quality (very nice!) Seidio holster perfectly.

I wish I could take the credit for this, but I read about this combo in several forums. So, to those who figured this out and posted about it....thanks. You guys have saved me from another season of crappy, useless cases and holsters. Unless of course somebody has found something else......
    Thanks for the info.... I use the OtterBox Defender just to have a holster and belt clip. It is huge and my friends laughing at me saying that its like I am going to war or something. This is a great idea. Did you check the SEIDIO combo itself?
    02-01-12 08:59 PM
    I may have to pick up the Sedio holster. I'm currently using the Commuter and the OEM 9000 holster, but I've been looking for a clip holster to use.

So is it good and secure? The clip at the top doesn't want to try to slide up the back of the device does it? how about the camera button, is it smashed in by the side of the holster? I'm quite curious because if it fits like a glove I may have to buy this...

Great pics by the way.
    Yes, it fits like a glove: a well tailored, nicely fitted glove. No pinch, no drag, easy in, easy out, no damage.
    02-01-12 09:24 PM
    OB Commuter and Seidio Active holster or the new OB Defender case and holster. I am still thinking of giving the latter a try.
    I looked at the Defender in several places and could not find one single good review. There was/is a lot of negative comments about it, apparently in design flaws. Read up on it!
    02-01-12 09:28 PM

What ships within 1 to 2 months? I just checked it out and all seems available and ready.
    02-01-12 09:30 PM
    I use a casemate barely there with bold 9000 holster. Love the barely there as it can be used with the charging pod.
    02-01-12 09:32 PM
    Are there any cases/systems that do inductive charging for the 9900?
    02-02-12 09:00 PM
    I've been using Otterbox Commuter and Seidio active holster for a couple months now. Great combo...and I'm picky! In fact, the Otterbox Commuter works better in the Seidio active holster than the Seidio Active case! With the Seidio active case on, the silicone on top sometimes folds back off the phone when clipping it into the hoster. With the Otterbox, you've got the hard plastic on top so this never happens. I think the Seidio active case is a bit too soft anyway...the silicone gets displaced too easily and the buttons are far to easy to press when just handling the phone. The Commuter is a way better case all around.
    02-03-12 12:28 AM
    Will the Commuter case work with the Seidio charging dock?
    02-03-12 09:05 PM
    I looked at the Defender in several places and could not find one single good review. There was/is a lot of negative comments about it, apparently in design flaws. Read up on it!
    I have. The Defender has been re-designed and re-released with revisions to the magnet and how the phone fits in the case and holster.
    02-03-12 10:12 PM
    Most cases will not work with the charging pod unless you are willing to take the case each time thereby increasing the risk of scratches with some hard cases.
    02-03-12 10:14 PM
    Anyone know how that holster works with a 9850 in a Otterbox Commuter case?
    04-23-12 10:54 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD