Hi there,

I've had my 8130 Pearl for a month or so, and I've never had any problems with it in terms of Mac synching. But last Friday I updated my laptop (MacBook Pro 2nd Gen) to Leopard. I backed up my Blackberry on my boyfriend's PC while I was formatting my laptop.
    I didn't have Entourage for a few days, and I just reinstalled it today. So I plug in the Berry to synch it back up and it will synch, but the media card won't mount.
    It asks me it I want to mount as as Mass Storage drive and I select yes but it won't mount. I can see it in Disk Utility, but I can't mount it. I don't know if I have to reformat it because it was in a PC, or how to go about doing that without wiping my Berry because the backup is on a PC.

Thank you kindly in advance,
    CS
    03-25-08 10:23 AM
    did you try doing a battery pull ?
    03-25-08 10:24 AM
    Excellent suggestion Blueberry23, thank you!
    But I did try that, no dice.

CS
    03-25-08 10:26 AM
    i think theres a problem with the pearl and leopard. my pearl crashes when i go to mount it but when i put my card in my 8830 it mounts fine... i'm on vzw btw.

you could look for a usb micro sd adapter? it might even be able to transfer stuff faster than what it does through the phone. it seemed to go well below USB 2.0 speeds for me while transferring data onto the card through the phone. i've never used a microsd card reader though so i dont know if it really would be quicker or not.
    03-25-08 04:03 PM
    Hey,

That's probably the best bet... Sadly I reformatted my card and everything, and it worked for a day or so, but now it crashes the second I mount it. It's fine with synching, but not mounting.

Thank you for your suggestion Chris.h. I think I'll have to go with that. A little stupid to have to have such an extreme workaround, but it's warranted.

Thank you kindly again,

CS
    04-06-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD