I am an electrician and i have a pearl, I bought an otterbox case for my pearl, its not bad i think i like it. does anyone know of any other cases or sites with cases that will be good for construction jobs???
    04-12-08 01:24 PM
    I have a seido rubberized thin case, snaps together and protects very well. Otterbox was too bulky for me. You need a screen protector with it also, but the combo is pretty rugged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-08 03:28 PM
    Find a welder and have them make you one.
    04-12-08 06:00 PM
    I think the otterbox is the best for construction workers. I think there is another but the name escapes me right now its kinda like otterbox but not as crazy with the protection but same type of build. I think its toughskin or something like that.
    04-12-08 06:03 PM
    there are some metal cases for the pearl but i still think the otter box is the best. I dropped it 12 feet and it worked fine.
    04-12-08 08:55 PM
    I'm a carpenter and use the otterbox myself. The thing that sold me on the otterbox is the membrane covering the keys and the flaps covering the ports--I create a lot of sawdust and like to keep as much of it outside my BB as possible. I also had it hit the pavement yesterday getting out of my truck and couldn't find a mark on it.

I looked for one of the aluminum cases I've seen for other devices but didn't see one that looked like it would really protect from dust. Otterbox all the way for me.

Eli
    04-12-08 09:07 PM
    I am a heating and cooling service tech. Plumbers and Steamfitters Local #33. I use the Otterbox for the 8830 and 8130. Good rugged cases but makes a little harder to type on. Overall I like what it offers.

Nice to see some different trades on here.

04-12-08 09:42 PM
    i agree with fonebrkr, i have the seidio slim case paired with a good screen protector and it does a great job of protecting my berry. very slilm, and doesnt add much weight or size to the phone, however, the membrane on the otterbox may be the best option for those in the construction field.
    04-13-08 11:55 AM
    I am a firefighter and so far have been using the seidio hybrid slim case with my 8130. It is ok but if you drop it from any height of more than 3 feet it tends to come apart and spill your baby onto the floor. On the bright side, my yellow otterbox should arrive tomorrow. Yay! No more sending my phone skidding when pulling on my turnout gear!

04-13-08 07:33 PM
    I am a firefighter and so far have been using the seidio hybrid slim case with my 8130. It is ok but if you drop it from any height of more than 3 feet it tends to come apart and spill your baby onto the floor. On the bright side, my yellow otterbox should arrive tomorrow. Yay! No more sending my phone skidding when pulling on my turnout gear!

I got the yellow one too. I had a couple of guys ask me if it was a DeWalt phone.
    04-13-08 10:31 PM
    I got the yellow one too. I had a couple of guys ask me if it was a DeWalt phone.
    I picked the yellow one because I used to have one of the Motorola i700Plus phones and it was a tank. Reminds me of the old days. I just loved the yellow color because you CAN'T lose the damn thing. It really stands out.
    04-14-08 07:51 AM
    I am an attorney and have the Otterbox for my 8130. The black one look good, doesn't add too much bulk (still fits in shirt pocket), and protects exactly the way it was designed to. I really haven't had too much of a problem typing with the membrane maybe it is a little more difficult but not really worth mentioning. The membrane is shaped to fit individually across each key and is not just a flat piece of plastic. You can actually differentiate between the keys. Just a note . . . I used to have an aluminum case which was nice and slimmer, but it didn't protect the screen or keys. More inportantly the aluminum case really interferred with the signal and reception. I am a fan of the Otterbox for the 8130 and highly recommend it.
    04-14-08 01:57 PM
    Well, I got my otterbox and I think I am really going to like it. It gives the phone a little more heft (which I like) and feels really good in my hand. Definitely a big improvement ove the seidio.

04-14-08 05:42 PM
    I have 3 devices and have one for each device 8100,8300, and 8800. The are increadable. I am very rough on things. Could not have a better product.
    04-14-08 06:13 PM
    Forgive my nosiness, but why do you (and others) have and use more than one Blackberry? I'm just curious ...
    04-14-08 06:28 PM
    just like getting dressed it's the mood your in.
    04-14-08 06:41 PM
    Otter Box for sure i work construction as well just picked one up today for my pearl2 needless to say i have a happy pearl
    Last edited by blackirish; 04-14-08 at 08:15 PM. Reason: miss spelled
    04-14-08 08:14 PM
    I purchased the Seido slim case. It keeps popping open on the left top side. I called Seido and they gave me an email address to contact ....I haven't heard back in 5 days. They gave me the runaround on the phone too.
    04-14-08 08:23 PM
    i also work construction and hate leaving my phone in the truck as a result everyday after work i have to blow it out with a can of air duster to keep it clean, i like the otterbox but is there something thats as good but less than 50 bucks. thanks
    04-14-08 08:59 PM
    i also work construction and hate leaving my phone in the truck as a result everyday after work i have to blow it out with a can of air duster to keep it clean, i like the otterbox but is there something thats as good but less than 50 bucks. thanks
    over all its well worth the $50 its an added bonus if you live where there is a distributor cause then they are around $30
    04-14-08 09:20 PM
    I am a plumbing contractor and I have been thinking about getting an Otter Box so I am glad to see all these positive reviews. Right now all I use are the BodyGuardz film protectors which do work really good and I am very happy with. However, I know if I drop my phone from any more then 4 or 5 feet up it will probably break.
    04-14-08 09:56 PM
    the otter box is not to bulky with the case it makes it more comparable in size to the htc p4000 yet still slimmer then it yes it does work they have definatly thought about this one for awhile it comes with a clear film like cover that covers everything on the phone but the sides and tracker ball then the hard plastic case covers the back and sides then the ruber covers the hard plastic they have little filters on the speakers three total- ear speaker,speaker phone speaker,and music speaker . the phone sits in the holster face in adding more screen protection its and over all awesome investment for sure
    04-14-08 10:02 PM
    I think if you spend the fifty you will not be disappointed. It is a lot, but the case is better than I thought it would be. There were a few flaws when they first rolled out the 8130 model and from what I can tell their customer service is beyond good as well. They took care of me very well, anyway. If you search on this forum or probably even on google you can find checkout codes for pretty good discounts as well. I got 20% off I believe, and they even let me apply it AFTER my purchase had already gone through several hours earlier. I don't want to be the little devil on your left shoulder, but I think you'll find it's worth it.

Eli
    04-15-08 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD