alright crackberry collected-

where's the 8130 accessories?

here I am...money in hand...

"well...we're waiting...." -judge smails....

-db

just kidding...but seriously...when will we see the fresh new toys for all the new pearls arrive on crackberry.com store?
    11-03-07 11:50 AM
    follow up-

due to my total lack of self control...

I went ahead and bought a new black leather sena case for the new pearl I HAVEN'T YET RECEIVED.....
    that has the sleepy magnet.

ok...here's where I show my true colors...

I also bought the seidio plastic holster for the rubber skinned berry.... (for those days when leather just doesn't provide the adequate amount of protection)

And of course...I bought the new 8130 black skin when I ordered the phone from vzw....

Hi...I'm daddy and I have a crackberry addiciton....

-db

tomorrow is MAGIC day...she'll be here...
    11-04-07 07:01 PM
    Lol db, you are a crack up.

Let me know how you like the black skin. I wasn't sure which way i would swing (skin or holster) so i got neither.
    11-07-07 12:15 PM
    gib-

the skin is awesome. its sits snugly...but if i need to pull the battery (I charged my spare and installed it) it comes right off. Its NOT TIGHT. the sides can pe "peeled" but it seems much less of a concern than the potential damage it might incur....

it adds nearly nothing to the overall size...which i thought would be a problem.

they make cases designed for skinned berrys (see above post and seidio online) so i may never take it off..

I work in heavy industry and my electronics take a bit of a beating..and I have two young kids...nuff said.

when I go out to fancy dinner with wifey I'll pull the skin and put it in the sweet sena case (im stilll waiting for) and act like a civilized dude (I dont wear ties but i told my wife she could bury me in one...i wont mind it then)

my phones live in my truck and see more abuse than (I imagine) a lot of berrys do (being more office type devices) but my office has wheels...and i come home dirty a lot. or at least dusty.

so i take some precautions (like insurance ) and try to keep the dust out by wearing a case or putting it in a buttoned shirt pocket...

the only real drawback to the skin in my opinion would be if you are a pocket carrier...the rubber doesn't "slide" real well..so if you dig tight pants well..I hope you have the legs for it cause I sure dont...

would i buy another one? yup in a hot minute. I actually want the bright orange one... the balck looks good on the vzw silver berry...my daughter says i should get the magenta one (pink) but i had to draw the line (i told her they were out of stock...)

-db

just a guy who likes his toys to stay shiny and new...
    11-07-07 02:12 PM
    Lol thanks for the response. I'm a pocket guy so sounds like the skin might be out. I'm looking for some sort of plastic case that older pearls use

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-07 12:40 AM
    Lol thanks for the response. I'm a pocket guy so sounds like the skin might be out. I'm looking for some sort of plastic case that older pearls use

11-08-07 12:41 AM
    Thanks for the review. I'm a pocket guy so I might need to pass on the skin.

11-08-07 01:12 AM
    Thanks for the review. I'm a pocket guy so I might need to pass on the skin.

11-08-07 01:12 AM
    ok all you 8130 pearl early adopters....

blackberrysource.com has skins for the NEW pearl style IN STOCK...!

and as you all know...i have little or no self-control when it comes to my gadgets.....

and so I bought the orange one and the blue one...

but i told my daughter the pink one was out of stock....

-db
    11-12-07 02:55 PM
    It isn't the right case for Verizon's 8130. It obstructs the lens of the camera. Hope you guys don't have to find out the hard way like I just did.
    11-15-07 12:03 AM
    yeah drew you have to be real careful with that and specify between 8100 and 8130 which are laid out very differently.... specifically the camera...

-db
    11-15-07 05:23 AM

but i told my daughter the pink one was out of stock....

-db

Sooner or later the store is going to be "In Stock" lol. Or maybe she gets you one for christmas! lol Remember REAL men wear pink!!
    11-15-07 05:51 AM
    I got the pink skin and a leather bb wristlet that puts "weezie" to sleep. I love the skin, but I also want to keep it on in the holster. Btw, I hate the lame bb case that came w/my 8130. Any suggestions?

11-15-07 05:55 AM
    yeah cleach... it think she knows this as well and is merely patronizing me...

she really likes the bright orange I got and the blue one so i think it will all be ok....

she wants to know what color im going to get her for her pearl....

-db

and my son wants one too...
    11-15-07 06:01 AM
    I had the seidio case on my 8830 and loved it. i had the clear front and rubberized back. However on my new 8130 i went with the bodyguradz. I have had it on a week now and it seems to be working. It picks up pocket lint like crazy which is annoying. However it does protect the exterior and if it ever gets scratched real bad then i will just install the second one they sent.
    11-15-07 06:01 AM
    I must ask, does the skin like pocket lint? If so I must wait for a hard case.

11-15-07 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD