I just got this charged up to try to listen to music. Headphones are successfully paired to Storm (placing a call worked). I then go to the Media player select music and select Receive via Bluetooth and the Storm sits on a screen that says-

File Transfer

Waiting for Connection

and just a cancel button at the bottom

Nothing happens. Any ideas what's not working or step I am missing?
    12-15-08 01:08 PM
    Okay, I have s9's and use this process.

Set s9's into pairing mode. turn Blutooth on storm. When storm finds S9's and asks for code, type 0000. Connection will be confirmed and music will stream juuust fine.
    12-15-08 01:16 PM
    After you pair your phone and the headphones per the manual you don't have to do anything special to listen to music, just play as you normally would as if listening thru the speaker, except it will play thru your headphones.

You have the phone trying to transfer a file via Bluetooth......
    12-15-08 01:21 PM
    what they said. when you pair up, it should handshake the 3 BT profiles, and then all your media player audio/control will get redirected to the headset. I've been using the s9 HDs for a couple of weeks now, and they are frickin awesome!
    12-15-08 01:43 PM
    Since we are on the S9 subject.....are you guys able to use the buttons on the S9 to Play/Pause, Skip Next, or Skip back?
    12-15-08 01:57 PM
    i was lookin into gettin the S9 HD and i was curious as to how the quality of the audio is and sound isolation. is it nice and rich or just like any other BT sterio headset. same question goes for talking with it
    12-15-08 02:25 PM
    S9's kick ****!!! I wear them out on the Golf Course in Arizona in the summer, they're sweat resistant and battery charge lasts the entire round [when it's conditioned properly]. Just got the 8330 and S9 work with Media Player - Audio only, can't get them to work with Video. Can anyone offer a sugestion?
    12-30-08 08:34 PM
    S9's kick ****!!! I've had them for more than a year, wear them out on the Golf Course here in Arizona in the dead of summer. No problems, sweat resistant, battery charge lasts the entire round.

Have had my 8330 for a couple of months now and can only make audio files [music, voice notes, ringtones and streaming audio] work with the S9. Can't make video sound come thru the S9's..... Any clues as to what I have to do to make this work
    12-30-08 08:44 PM
    I've been looking into a pair of S9-HDs also. Any info would be great on what they work like on the Storm. Thanks!
    12-30-08 08:54 PM
    I just got this charged up to try to listen to music. Headphones are successfully paired to Storm (placing a call worked). I then go to the Media player select music and select Receive via Bluetooth and the Storm sits on a screen that says-

File Transfer

Waiting for Connection

and just a cancel button at the bottom

Nothing happens. Any ideas what's not working or step I am missing?
    I think if you just start playing a song it should automatically connect. I believe Receive using bluetooth is for receiving a song from someone else via Bluetooth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 09:02 PM
    I've been looking into a pair of S9-HDs also. Any info would be great on what they work like on the Storm. Thanks!
    I use S9-HD's with the Storm and they work great. Had to change the rubber ear inserts to the smaller size so they would go further into ear. Made a difference. All 6 function buttons also work including receiving calls.
    12-30-08 11:38 PM
    How long is everyones battery life with the s9 mine seems to be about 30 min but it is an amazing headset

12-30-08 11:51 PM
    I'm also looking into the S9-HD's. I am very picky when it comes to sound quality, and was just wondering how they sound. Are they at least comparably to a decent wired in-ear headphone or do they sound muffled?
    12-31-08 12:06 AM
    I use S9-HD's with the Storm and they work great. Had to change the rubber ear inserts to the smaller size so they would go further into ear. Made a difference. All 6 function buttons also work including receiving calls.
    I completely agree! I downgraded my storm from .83 to .75 and it works with both audio and video except the youtube app i have found...
    12-31-08 12:36 AM
    thus far, I have been suitably impressed with them. I have tried a number of different BT headphones over the last couple of years, and have always found them somewhat lacking. My wired 'phones are Shure E3c's, which are awesome for sound quality, and while the S9HDs aren't quite up to those, I think they're impressive for what they are. Keep in mind that the Shures cost me over twice what the S9HDs did. They get excellent bass response, which is something I really wasn't expecting, and i get about 4 hours of battery life. Having the ability to control track and volume from the headset is really nice too, since most of the time, I just hit shuffle and put the Storm in my pocket, or leave it in its holster while I work.
    12-31-08 12:40 AM
    I am really curious to see how much better the s9 HD is from the original s9

12-31-08 12:46 AM
    Eh, i havent had much luck.

When it worked, it sounded great. Great audio from mp3s, deep bass, ect.

But, the friggen things keep pausing mid mp3, like i'm streaming and have a poor connection.

Also, as far as call quality, quite poor. Callers sound muffled, and they say I sound just as bad.

I'm returning em. Sticking with my old school ipod 80g earbuds, and getting a blueant v1 for calls from newegg.
    12-31-08 12:58 AM
    Don't know the difference between the S9 and the S9 HD, but w/the S9 headphones and my old Motorola Z6 Rizr it sounded awesome, w/the storm it's subpar... Anybody else switch phones and notice this? I do have the audio boost on and the equilizer is on loud.
    01-06-09 12:30 AM
    @BellaLuna: BT audio from video playback is broken in the current beta/leaked builds of the Storm OS, if you're running one of those; not much you can do for those but listen via wired headphones instead.

@mrtosh: Not sure if the EQ is going to make a difference as I've yet to try the S9-HD's, but I found on my own headsets that using the "Treble Boost" EQ setting worked better than any others. Everything else sounded a bit too muffled/soft, or quiet. Hope this helps!
    01-06-09 12:47 AM
    @mrtosh: Not sure if the EQ is going to make a difference as I've yet to try the S9-HD's, but I found on my own headsets that using the "Treble Boost" EQ setting worked better than any others. Everything else sounded a bit too muffled/soft, or quiet. Hope this helps!
    Just tried that. Seems to be a bit louder. Thanks HiredShots.
    01-06-09 01:07 AM
    Glad to be of service.
    01-06-09 01:49 AM

My findings are the same, the "treble boost" eq pattern sounds best with my wired earbuds.

Anyone have experience with the "dogtag" style Jabra BT?

01-06-09 02:32 AM
    Hi guys,
    i just bought a brand new Motorola S9 Bluetooth headset , but when i pair it to my blackberry 8900 curve i am not able to listen to the music which is playing in my mobile but i can receive calls from it and able to hear the call from the other person so can any one tell me what is wrong with my system or my approach towards the system , I want the Bluetooth to be working for my music .....please help me guys................
    03-13-10 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD