09-24-08 01:39 AM
205 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I would love, love, love one of the pink housings.
    However I see you don't have them for the 8330's

If you ever get them in, could you let me know?! I'm really interested! Thanks!
    Hope to have them in hand next week.
    08-28-08 09:02 PM
    I soooo want one, when can I order!?

I was thinking of trying to do it myself but your work is more amazing then anything I could have done. And for a very reasonable price.

Please let me know when to order

I hope to be caught up within the next week, but either way feel free to PM me and I can put you on 'The List' lol
    08-28-08 09:04 PM
    Hey Becky...just thought I'd drop in to let you know, you did an awesome job!!! I luv Miss Michelle's new MagentaBerry!
    Thanks, and that color is now named after her .... Miss Magenta
    08-28-08 09:04 PM
    Oh my goodness!!! Your work is awesome Becky.
    Gracias!
    08-28-08 09:05 PM
    Looks great. Would love to see the outcomes on your black and white ones!
    I will make sure to post those that I finish, and I hope that people that receive theirs will post too since I obviously suck at picture taking. Honestly I just think that I have no idea how to use my camera, it cant be that difficult.

Everyone has had problems using my camera so I dont think that it is just me. Oh well ... I will eventually figure it out.
    08-28-08 09:07 PM
    Love these!! I am another PINK fanatic and I would love a lighter shade of metallic pink. Do you think you will be getting that color in? Also another 8330 user.
    I am doing all kinds of pinks .... got to, that and purple .... cant get anything better than that. I will post them as they are created, or as I purchase them.
    08-28-08 09:08 PM
    awesome
    i like alot!!
    Thank you berry much!
    08-28-08 09:09 PM
    Hi,

Becky that paint job is fantastic! I've been experimenting with a couple cases but haven't even got close to what you've done. I just about gave up and was gonna give in to Colorwave's exorbitant costs but I think I'm gonna try out one of your cases. I'll send you a PM with details but I am very interested in getting some guidance on your process.

I've done the sanding, priming, paint (not Testers, used Krylon), clear. But after my first attempt I realise the coats were too thick.
    08-29-08 04:34 AM
    I am just waiting for the bottom covers, once I get those I am definitely up for selling them. I have more cases on the way, and I am currently working on a blue one.

Once I start getting my supply of cases I will be up for taking requests for certain colors.

The orange, pink, and blue (once I am done with the blue) will hopefully be ready to sell hopefully by this weekend.

Interested in these let me know. I will continue to post the new ones that I do as they are finished.
    Where can i buy some cases? Also someone mentioned black keyboard? I need a new keyboard also.
    08-29-08 06:18 AM
    Thanks Becky! You do an awesome awesome job!
    08-29-08 07:43 AM
    Oooh Becky I want you to do mine in purple!!!! Did I read correctly that you ARE able to do 8300's?? I was going to give in to Colorware, but then realized they don't do the 8300. Like Equalizer mentioned, I am also interested in a black keypad, would you be able to change that out if I found one and paid ya extra?

Do you think you'll ever be able to paint the side pieces as well??
    08-29-08 10:25 AM
    Becky is just awesome!!! I can't wait to get mine hun! What're you calling my purple?! I told my bf I was getting a purple Berry and he goes "ugh...they call those grapes..." Totally didn't pick up on the fact I was talking about my BLACKBERRY! So excited! Will definitely post pics once I get it all installed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 10:39 AM
    Hi Everyone,

So I just want to give an update. I did receive some cases but the rest are stuck in customs in Indianapolis. Fedex keeps telling me they have no control over it. Seriously I am freaking out, I have called them like a million times in the last 2 days.

If anyone knows anyway to speed up this process let me know. Based on this it is slowing everything down. Also I have received so many requests that it is getting difficult to keep track of since it is only me working on these.

If everyone would bear with me I would appreciate it. I want everyone to be completely satisfied with their purchase and to make sure of this I have to work through this customs issue, and finish those that requested them first.

So if you don't get an immediate response from me please know that I will get back to you ASAP when paint is drying or in between steps.

I am so sorry if this causes any inconvenience .... it will be worth the wait.

(for those interested in the 8330, I placed the order today .... they said 3 business days, which is what I was told with the ones stuck in customs and now it has been 6 days ... so hold tight as soon as I get them I will let you know.)
    08-29-08 03:05 PM
    are you getting your cases from cnn or gsm4world?
    08-29-08 03:07 PM
    are you getting your cases from cnn or gsm4world?
    No ... its from a small company. But the thing is I received a package from them a week ago and everything went smooth, no delay at all. Fedex says that they submitted the documentation for release but they cannot confirm when this will actually happen, maybe tonight ... or it could be another day or two. I have tried escalating it, almost everything I could think of. I even offered to drive to Indy and pick them up. I am just really frustrated, I had everything planned out perfectly and then this happens. It kind of messes up my weekend.
    08-29-08 03:12 PM
    im sorry....

customs delayed my cases for like 4 days... i was like, just look in there, and MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE... I want my case.. so i know what you are feeling..
    08-29-08 03:15 PM
    Becky I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! We know it's just you and that it'll take a while...Customs screws everyone over...I remember waiting for 2 weeks for something that shouldn't have taken 2 minutes. Who knows what they do in there....

You're right, it's worth the wait!
    08-29-08 05:21 PM
    Becky I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! We know it's just you and that it'll take a while...Customs screws everyone over...I remember waiting for 2 weeks for something that shouldn't have taken 2 minutes. Who knows what they do in there....

You're right, it's worth the wait!
    I agree with you. Becky you can only do what you're already doing (stalking fedex No seriously, I think people will be patient, because it's not like you have any control over this customs situation. And I know personally that you do awesome work, so it's well worth the wait
    08-29-08 06:03 PM
    If your lcd screen is still is scratch free but the body of the housing is scratched, would you be able to work with that or does it have to be new?
    08-29-08 06:15 PM
    Hi,

Becky that paint job is fantastic! I've been experimenting with a couple cases but haven't even got close to what you've done. I just about gave up and was gonna give in to Colorwave's exorbitant costs but I think I'm gonna try out one of your cases. I'll send you a PM with details but I am very interested in getting some guidance on your process.

I've done the sanding, priming, paint (not Testers, used Krylon), clear. But after my first attempt I realise the coats were too thick.

When I first tried this I also used the Krylon paint, a mauve color ... yeah it sucked it felt really weird .... I hated it and then went GREEN
    08-29-08 07:03 PM
    If your lcd screen is still is scratch free but the body of the housing is scratched, would you be able to work with that or does it have to be new?
    Honestly I dont think that it has to be brand new ... if it has a few scratches I think that it would be fine. Hope that helps.
    08-29-08 07:03 PM
    Oooh Becky I want you to do mine in purple!!!! Did I read correctly that you ARE able to do 8300's?? I was going to give in to Colorware, but then realized they don't do the 8300. Like Equalizer mentioned, I am also interested in a black keypad, would you be able to change that out if I found one and paid ya extra?

Do you think you'll ever be able to paint the side pieces as well??
    Yes ... all curves

I just recently tried the siderails and i am throwing them in my purse (LOL) to see how they hold up, that is the TRUE test.

As far as the keypad ... normally the person I am getting the cases from provides that as well but they dont currently have them in stock. I am sorry, I wish. Maybe down the road I will create some type of supply of that stuff if the interest in this keeps up.
    08-29-08 07:06 PM
    I agree with you. Becky you can only do what you're already doing (stalking fedex No seriously, I think people will be patient, because it's not like you have any control over this customs situation. And I know personally that you do awesome work, so it's well worth the wait

You guys are soo sweet, thanks for being supportive. Alright, I am getting to work on the few I have here. Later
    08-29-08 07:12 PM
    The price as it stands right now is $50 for the complete casing painted. This covers the cost of the case, the paint, and all the other aspects of completing it and free overnight shipping once complete. That is for the 8300, 8310, 8320. If I end up getting the 8330 that would probably have to be a little more based on the case being more expensive.

If someone has a case that they want me to paint I am willing to do that as well, that price would be $25, again free overnight shipping once complete.

I think the prices are pretty reasonable, I really like doing this and want to create something cheaper than colorware. And you get a new case, so that is even cooler!
    i really really want a purple one....... do u think u can do 1?
    08-30-08 12:28 AM
    Hi Everyone,

So I just want to give an update. I did receive some cases but the rest are stuck in customs in Indianapolis. Fedex keeps telling me they have no control over it. Seriously I am freaking out, I have called them like a million times in the last 2 days.

If anyone knows anyway to speed up this process let me know. Based on this it is slowing everything down. Also I have received so many requests that it is getting difficult to keep track of since it is only me working on these.

If everyone would bear with me I would appreciate it. I want everyone to be completely satisfied with their purchase and to make sure of this I have to work through this customs issue, and finish those that requested them first.

So if you don't get an immediate response from me please know that I will get back to you ASAP when paint is drying or in between steps.

I am so sorry if this causes any inconvenience .... it will be worth the wait.

(for those interested in the 8330, I placed the order today .... they said 3 business days, which is what I was told with the ones stuck in customs and now it has been 6 days ... so hold tight as soon as I get them I will let you know.)
    FedEx is correct. They have NO control over what happens in Customs. As a matter of fact, no carrier can do anything about a shipment being held up. Most of the time, the hold ups are due to paper work. I see this happen quite a bit.

I wont say dont panic; you've already done that. Calling repeatedly is NOT going to speed things up. Customs could care less what kind of hurry you're in.
    08-30-08 12:48 AM
205 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD