09-24-08 01:39 AM
205 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Here are some of the blue colors. Keep in mind these are not painted on cases that I am selling, these are dummy faceplates. As you can tell they are not as smooth.

This is mainly to show the blue colors that I have.
    Hmm...I'm kind of digging the 2nd blue. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture or a finished plate.
    08-24-08 01:43 AM
    Wow awesome job!
    If you ever decide to do a black or white housing, please post pics, I too am considering doing my phone one of these days.
    08-24-08 03:51 AM
    Nice job! Can't wait to see more...
    08-24-08 01:05 PM
    Here are some of the blue colors. Keep in mind these are not painted on cases that I am selling, these are dummy faceplates. As you can tell they are not as smooth.

This is mainly to show the blue colors that I have.
    Hi Becky! I don't know if anyone asked but do you do 8120 cases? If I buy one and send it can you paint it? You do great work. I can't decide between the pink or the apple green!!! I love them!
    08-24-08 01:38 PM
    i cant decide what color i want! i would also like to see a black one. how about a flat black? would it turn out bad since there wouldnt be a clear coat?
    08-24-08 02:04 PM
    I'm here in the Chi also. Whenever you are ready, i want a white one with a high gloss like Kevin's. let us know when u are ready i will keep looking.
    08-24-08 02:59 PM
    you are so talented!!!!
    08-24-08 03:34 PM
    I agree Benzworn...Becky is very talented!! All the colors look sweet (the green is an eye-catcher)

Becky, you should think about creating a web page to display your work and from there people can place orders..that'll be a good idea I'll stay tuned
    08-24-08 05:15 PM

Becky, you should think about creating a web page to display your work and from there people can place orders..that'll be a good idea I'll stay tuned
    hehe- if you're looking for somoeone to help you make a website I'd be up for it for a discount on mine! (shameless plug there...)
    08-24-08 06:01 PM
    You did a really nice job. Congrats!
    08-24-08 06:04 PM
    Hi Becky! I don't know if anyone asked but do you do 8120 cases? If I buy one and send it can you paint it? You do great work. I can't decide between the pink or the apple green!!! I love them!
    Hi,

I wish I could do the pearl cases but I cant, the screen is different. I actually had a white pearl until I decided to get the curve. When you take it apart the color on the top of the screen is a part of the screen. So if you were to paint it it would look really weird. I honestly thought of everything possible but unless you want the phone to be a couple different colors (at least 2) it wouldnt be worth it.

Let me know though. Take care.
    08-24-08 11:09 PM
    Wow awesome job!
    If you ever decide to do a black or white housing, please post pics, I too am considering doing my phone one of these days.
    Yesterday I purchased flat black, and a bright white color. I painted swatches and will definitely be painting cases when I get my order in. I will definitely post the final product. Thanks!!
    08-24-08 11:11 PM
    i cant decide what color i want! i would also like to see a black one. how about a flat black? would it turn out bad since there wouldnt be a clear coat?

Got the paint and waiting for the case. I actually got a clear coat that is flat too since there needs to be some type of protection. I think the test that I did turned out good. I will post once I can get my crappy camera to take decent pics.
    08-24-08 11:13 PM
    I'm here in the Chi also. Whenever you are ready, i want a white one with a high gloss like Kevin's. let us know when u are ready i will keep looking.
    I have bright white now ... will post hopefully this week, next weekend. Just waiting for the cases.
    08-24-08 11:15 PM
    I agree Benzworn...Becky is very talented!! All the colors look sweet (the green is an eye-catcher)

Thanks, you guys are sweet. I hope that they only get better once I do more and more and learn the tricks and stuff.

My husband is a web developer and he is working on a site but its time consuming ... but definitely on its way. More info to come
    08-24-08 11:19 PM
    hehe- if you're looking for somoeone to help you make a website I'd be up for it for a discount on mine! (shameless plug there...)
    So funny. If my man doesnt hurry up and get it finished I might take you up on that ..... lol

Is that what you do for a living?
    08-24-08 11:21 PM
    Becky, the pink case you did is absolutely stunning.
    Looking at all your pics, esp the back of the phone, they all have this incredible "leather" look to them; just fabulous. For a minute there I thought I was looking at the back of a BOLD!!
    I'm itching for you to do 8330's. I already know what color I want.
    08-24-08 11:38 PM
    where are you getting the cases if you dont mind me asking? i want to paint mine but i want to do it on another housing in case i screw up but all i can find is the battery door of the 8330
    08-24-08 11:45 PM
    where are you getting the cases if you dont mind me asking? i want to paint mine but i want to do it on another housing in case i screw up but all i can find is the battery door of the 8330
    I dont have any 8330 cases. The one that I did was my verizon curve, which is how all this started. I bought it and painted it and then decided that I didnt like VZ and had to send back my phone. I ended up finding someone here to trade me (thank you!). So I figured I would purchase the cases that you can buy and paint them and see what happens.

I did find someone internationally (a company that my husband works with) that can sell me some but they are expensive and I would have to get 50 at a time which is a lot since right now this is just a hobby. But I am waiting for that person to get back to me with the shipping info. If I get the 50 then I will have them for sale if you want it painted, and i might sell some as is for those that want to be creative on their own. So I should know anytime now and I will post something with the details. Keep an eye out if your interested.
    08-25-08 12:34 AM
    Here are most of the colors I have right now. This is the best that I could get to capture the actual colors.

Any questions please let me know.

08-25-08 12:41 AM
    Here are most of the colors I have right now. This is the best that I could get to capture the actual colors.

I'm ready when you are, I see the white and apple green up there. PM me so I can send out my spare housing and I will wait to get back the other housing when you have them in.
    08-25-08 10:05 AM
    So funny. If my man doesnt hurry up and get it finished I might take you up on that ..... lol

Is that what you do for a living?
    LOL- nope I'm a Nanny and a student, but I look after infants so they sleep a good chunk of the day, and lectures are about as interesting as having my leg sawed off so I fiddle with my website (canadianmilitarygirlfriends.ca) while I'm bored...it's user-supported so I can only make it as good as the girls who use it want it (maybe once I'm no longer a student I'll spring for a better hosting package but for now 5$ a month is about all I can afford!) but I'm proud of it...

I'm so torn on what colour I want Becky!!
    Last edited by Navan; 08-25-08 at 11:36 AM.
    08-25-08 11:32 AM

Any chance you have a Nissan 350z or Subaru BLUE
    08-25-08 12:59 PM
    Any chance you have a Nissan 350z or Subaru BLUE
    inkwell! You hit it! The Subaru Blue! Is that Electron Blue Pearl (the same that's on the Civic Si's?)

Becky, any chance of a midnight blue also?
    08-25-08 02:30 PM
    Those look really nice!!
    I'm a fan of the PINK one!! I wish I was confident enough to paint my own as I bought the pink housing from cnn.cn!
    08-25-08 03:24 PM
205 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD