Observe the image below.

There is about a 1/8" or so gap between the front face of the phone and the inside of the Seidio holster.

With the phone secured inside the holster, the top spring clip's rubber holding strip never really makes contact with the back of the phone.

My Seidio Spring Clip holster for my 8703e was a tighter fit. See image comparisions below.

Picture of my 8703e w/Seidio Spring Holster. Notice how much less of a gap there is from the inside of the holster to the front face of the phone? I'd guess <1/16".

Picture of my 8703e w/holster's top clip making contact. Very contoured and the rubber securing strip on the inside lip of the spring clip is pressed up against the back of the phone. Full contact.

My Tour and it's new holster and top clip contact. Notice the top clip of my Seidio holster for the Tour. Although the top clip feels like it does secure the Tour well while in the holster, the rubber inside strip never really makes contact or aid in the securing of the phone itself. I even pulled the phone away from the inside of holster to see if I can force contact with the rubber. It didn't happen.

I DID order the Spring Lock Holster and NOT the Innocase Lock Holster, so I am guessing that what I received is what I ordered and reflective of what appears on my order receipt. I thought at first that I may have inadvertently received a holster designed for the Innocase Surface installed, but after some observation, I think it would be even bigger. Here is MY model received...(Let me know if the model number is not right.)

Again, from a functional standpoint, I feel that my phone is very secure when in this holster. After taking some actual time to sit down and take a good close look at the hardware that I received today, I'm just a tad surprised that this holster wasn't more designed with a tighter fit for my Tour. Aside from that, everything is top shelf with this holster. Solid feel, awesome surface finish, heavy clip spring, and good functional locking mechanism (although, I'm not sure how often I would ever need to use it!) Perhaps, I'm missing something and there is a reason for the design the way it is. I'd love to be enlightened.

Current owners of this holster, please add your comments and let me know if my findings are consistent with what your own holster(s) are like and confirm whether or not what I have is normal.

My best guess...the larger gap between the phone and the inside of the holster is to accommodate the trackball? My 8703e, obviously didn't have one...so it allowed a tighter fit tolerance? I don't have a theory about the top clip. I did notice, however, that if you look at the underside of the top clip, it has model 8900 stamped on it. Then again, further examination shows the underside of my 8703e Seidio holster clip has 7100i stamped on it. Must be multi-model cross compatibility.

Seidio reps...feel free to comment and confirm.
    Last edited by Mthr1; 09-16-09 at 12:44 AM.
    09-16-09 12:24 AM
    i have that same clip from SEIDO and to be honest i hate it. It is just way to bulky and overdone. The clip at the top really did it for me.

I bought a similar one from VZW and granted the build quality is sub par the design is much better
    09-16-09 09:45 AM
    Do you still have the holster? If so, does your profile and fit look similar to the traits that are pictured above, like mine?

I agree with you...the top clip of the Seidio holster does leave a bit to be desired, in terms of ease of access. In a perfect world, I would have liked the OEM hard holsters that used to come with my older BBs. Easy in, easy out.

Regarding the VZW holster...it's shortcomings outweight it's more access friendly ways. Quality build stands higher on my priority scale, followed very closely by function.

Thanks for the reply.
    09-16-09 10:06 AM
    Observe the image below.

There is about a 1/8" or so gap between the front face of the phone and the inside of the Seidio holster.

With the phone secured inside the holster, the top spring clip's rubber holding strip never really makes contact with the back of the phone.

My Seidio Spring Clip holster for my 8703e was a tighter fit. See image comparisions below.

Picture of my 8703e w/Seidio Spring Holster. Notice how much less of a gap there is from the inside of the holster to the front face of the phone? I'd guess <1/16".

Picture of my 8703e w/holster's top clip making contact. Very contoured and the rubber securing strip on the inside lip of the spring clip is pressed up against the back of the phone. Full contact.

My Tour and it's new holster and top clip contact. Notice the top clip of my Seidio holster for the Tour. Although the top clip feels like it does secure the Tour well while in the holster, the rubber inside strip never really makes contact or aid in the securing of the phone itself. I even pulled the phone away from the inside of holster to see if I can force contact with the rubber. It didn't happen.

I DID order the Spring Lock Holster and NOT the Innocase Lock Holster, so I am guessing that what I received is what I ordered and reflective of what appears on my order receipt. I thought at first that I may have inadvertently received a holster designed for the Innocase Surface installed, but after some observation, I think it would be even bigger. Here is MY model received...(Let me know if the model number is not right.)

Again, from a functional standpoint, I feel that my phone is very secure when in this holster. After taking some actual time to sit down and take a good close look at the hardware that I received today, I'm just a tad surprised that this holster wasn't more designed with a tighter fit for my Tour. Aside from that, everything is top shelf with this holster. Solid feel, awesome surface finish, heavy clip spring, and good functional locking mechanism (although, I'm not sure how often I would ever need to use it!) Perhaps, I'm missing something and there is a reason for the design the way it is. I'd love to be enlightened.

Current owners of this holster, please add your comments and let me know if my findings are consistent with what your own holster(s) are like and confirm whether or not what I have is normal.

My best guess...the larger gap between the phone and the inside of the holster is to accommodate the trackball? My 8703e, obviously didn't have one...so it allowed a tighter fit tolerance? I don't have a theory about the top clip. I did notice, however, that if you look at the underside of the top clip, it has model 8900 stamped on it. Then again, further examination shows the underside of my 8703e Seidio holster clip has 7100i stamped on it. Must be multi-model cross compatibility.

Seidio reps...feel free to comment and confirm.
    Uhm....Did you email them? They are pretty responsive and helpful.
    09-16-09 10:18 AM
    Uhm....Did you email them? They are pretty responsive and helpful.
    Yes, I did.

Hopefully, enlightenment is just around the corner.
    09-16-09 10:42 AM
    I have the Sedio clip holster for my Tour and believe it was purposefully designed this way which is why I like it. One of the major downfalls all the other clip holsters have had is that they always cause wear marks to the phone in the exact areas you are describing. It only took a week or 2 for my Bold to get roughed up by the AT&T clip holster. I live in a dusty environment so it doesn't take long for them to start etching my screen protector where it contacted the holster as well. Another huge plus is that this holster still fits the phone really well with body protection applied to all the surfaces (Invisible Shield, Clear Protector, etc.) whereas my old holsters required me to trim off the areas at the bottom and/or top of the phone to keep it fitting well.
    09-16-09 12:57 PM
    How well does the lock mechanism work? For my old curve I had a Seidio skin/holster combo. Sometimes when I was squatting or bending over a certain way, the phone would eject from the holster, go skittering across the floor, usually at a very inopportune time, like in a busy airport.

I ordered for my tour the innocase combo w/the locking function in the hopes of avoiding a run-over phone. So I'm interested to know if it works as advertised.
    09-16-09 01:08 PM
    Dang, I had seidio for my 8700, Curve and Storm and just ordered one for my Tour. It comes tomorrow. I never had any problems with them. I guess we will see...
    09-16-09 01:17 PM
    I got a reply from Seidio Tech Support today. I instructed them to read my thread on here to familiarize themselves with my concerns.

They did.

They replied:

Thank you for your purchase of our product. I apologize for the troubles that you’ve had with your Spring Lock Holster. Your phone should fit snuggly again the felt that lines our holster.

I’ve spoke to our warranty department and requested that they send you a replacement case along with a return shipping label. We ask that you please place your old case in the box, apply the return shipping label, and send the package back to Seidio.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Seidio Customer Service

So, I'll wait and see what the replacement one is like...worst case, it's the same fit as my current one. I'd likely still keep it, as given it's downfalls, it does appear to secure the phone properly.

Can any of you owners confirm if your model number on your holster matches with the model number of mine, as pictured? It's located on the bottom of the holster, below the belt clip.

Thanks.
    09-16-09 02:44 PM
    my Seido is the same way...I love that though! It keeps the screen away from the fabric which is NICE!
    09-16-09 03:14 PM
    i luv, had one for all my bb
    09-16-09 03:19 PM
    I recently got the exact same holster for my Tour. It's a perfect fit. I have yet to see if I have the same gap, but from what I understand, your supposed to be able to use the case along with one of the Seido skins.

I've been using the holster for about 2 weeks and I've noticed no marking on the phone.

Edit: Yes, my model number is the same. Same gap.
    Last edited by jabo052; 09-16-09 at 06:21 PM.
    09-16-09 06:17 PM
    How well does the lock mechanism work? For my old curve I had a Seidio skin/holster combo. Sometimes when I was squatting or bending over a certain way, the phone would eject from the holster, go skittering across the floor, usually at a very inopportune time, like in a busy airport.

I ordered for my tour the innocase combo w/the locking function in the hopes of avoiding a run-over phone. So I'm interested to know if it works as advertised.
    I don't think it's going anywhere. I had the same question, prior to purchase, but my concerns have been eased. I think it would take something serious to get it out of there. Now....I could see it getting knocked out if it wasn't locked. Maybe if you snagged the lip on something.
    09-16-09 06:26 PM
    The one thing I do wish about this holster.....I wish that the tab didn't protrude so much. I think I'll take sand paper, file, or Dremel tool to it to knock a little of the protrusion off.

It's usually not too bothersome unless I've got my shirt untucked.
    09-16-09 06:30 PM
    I recently got the exact same holster for my Tour. It's a perfect fit. I have yet to see if I have the same gap, but from what I understand, your supposed to be able to use the case along with one of the Seido skins.
    They have a separate listing for their holster that supports their Innocase Surface skins.
    09-16-09 08:20 PM
    I just got mine in the mail. Lame!! All I can say is lame! The phone clangs all around in there. And I'm not so sure this thing is official Seidio. No identification on the actual clip like you showed up above. I ordered it here, through Crackberry, so you'd think it was legit. Either way, the phone is wayyyy too loose. I'm sendin it back.
    I bet it somethin to do with this lock thing! Why do they have to try to perfect something that was already perfect for years?
    09-17-09 01:02 PM
    I just got mine in the mail. Lame!! All I can say is lame! The phone clangs all around in there. And I'm not so sure this thing is official Seidio. No identification on the actual clip like you showed up above. I ordered it here, through Crackberry, so you'd think it was legit. Either way, the phone is wayyyy too loose. I'm sendin it back.
    I bet it somethin to do with this lock thing! Why do they have to try to perfect something that was already perfect for years?
    You guys are ordering the WRONG one. There is one for NAKED Tour (which you want) and then there is the INNOCASE HOLSTER for holstering the Tour w/ Innocase I or II.

I have both. If I put my NAKED Tour in the INNOCASE HOLSTER, it flops around as expected.
    09-17-09 01:39 PM
    And there ya have it!! goblue just figured it out! It makes sense. Thanks, I'll make the swap.

That still doesn't answer why mine does not have the word Seidio on the case. I almost think I got a cheap version of the real thing. I contacted Seidio a few minutes ago on a web chat and they asked if they could call me to discuss. I said sure. I should be hearing from them soon. I'll bounce back later today or tomorrow on what happens.
    09-17-09 01:56 PM
    And there ya have it!! goblue just figured it out! It makes sense. Thanks, I'll make the swap.

That still doesn't answer why mine does not have the word Seidio on the case. I almost think I got a cheap version of the real thing. I contacted Seidio a few minutes ago on a web chat and they asked if they could call me to discuss. I said sure. I should be hearing from them soon. I'll bounce back later today or tomorrow on what happens.
    Mine does not either and I got directly from Seidio. If you look under the clip (part that holds phone in, not belt clip). I have the following info:BB9630 ASC-1.

Sorry I did not answer ion my prior post.

NOTE: I pre-ordered mine, so maybe they started to put the number there on back after initial release. I do not have my "naked" one here to see if there are numbers as shown above there as well.
    Last edited by goblue; 09-17-09 at 02:01 PM.
    09-17-09 01:59 PM
    I checked the pictures online. Looks like it's all legit. The one one for innocase doesn't have it. The one for just the phone does. I think we are good here. Go save some other poor soul goblue. You're on a roll!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 03:54 PM
    Mine is the correct model from the non-innocased Tour. Seidio confirmed that my posted picture on this thread is the correct model number for the naked Tour, however, they stated that the amount of gap between the phone and the inner face of the holster was not typical...after they reviewed this thread.

They shipped out a replacement. Shipped today. I'll return with a follow up next week.

FWIW, the Tour "does" feel secure in this holster, even given it's questionable orientation. Not sure Seidio would choose not to "brand" all of their holsters. As you can see in my pictures, mine is clearly branded, along with the model number below the belt clip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mthr1; 09-17-09 at 05:05 PM.
    09-17-09 04:49 PM
    Got my new one that ISN'T for the innocase. Just the phone. It works perfect like the three others I had for the 8700, Curve and Storm. I just ordered the wrong one. Seidio guy, Thomas, called me to confirm my slip up. FYI, the Innocase one does NOT have the word "Seidio" on the back. And it's more a hard, black plastic. The case for just the phone, DOES have the word "Seidio" on the back and is more of that black, rubbery material. Mystery solved!
    09-23-09 10:57 AM
    Got my new one that ISN'T for the innocase. Just the phone. It works perfect like the three others I had for the 8700, Curve and Storm. I just ordered the wrong one. Seidio guy, Thomas, called me to confirm my slip up. FYI, the Innocase one does NOT have the word "Seidio" on the back. And it's more a hard, black plastic. The case for just the phone, DOES have the word "Seidio" on the back and is more of that black, rubbery material. Mystery solved!
    They have recently told me this was done on purpose to allow customers who have both to tell the difference.
    09-23-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD