Hi guys

first post!

i have had a bold for almost a week now and i noticed one thing. when its fully charged and you use internet, whether it be 3G or wi-fi, it gets hot, and keeps getting hotter. i doesnt let up. i have to reinsert the battery.

is this normal?
    i dont want to return this phone.. ever
    04-02-09 12:50 AM
    Hi guys

first post!

i have had a bold for almost a week now and i noticed one thing. when its fully charged and you use internet, whether it be 3G or wi-fi, it gets hot, and keeps getting hotter. i doesnt let up. i have to reinsert the battery.

is this normal?
    i dont want to return this phone.. ever
    did you unplug the charger while using the internet?
    04-02-09 01:00 AM
    no sir i did not
    04-02-09 02:30 AM
    It is bit abnormal to get really hot!!! If it is only slightly warm, it is normal then ....

Test your phone for another week, and if it continues to be like this, i would suggest to get it replaced ....
    Last edited by ST79; 04-02-09 at 02:46 AM.
    04-02-09 02:41 AM
    It's not good to use the phone while it is charging either. It can reduce the overall life of your battery, ie: it doesn't last as long as it should. I've noticed that with previous phones.

Chris
    04-02-09 02:45 AM
    well then i wont, ill just unplug it =] that should do it right?

for example, this morning i was listening to pandora over wifi< the battery was FULLY charged (no lightning bolt) and about 15 minutes later it was so hot i had to use the tips of my fingers to grab it and remove the battery. this morning was the 4th time its happened. i just wont use any internet while fully charged and while on the charger then.

if you one of you guys could test your phone to see if its just mine or just normal it would be greatly appreciated
    04-02-09 03:06 AM
    well then i wont, ill just unplug it =] that should do it right?

for example, this morning i was listening to pandora over wifi< the battery was FULLY charged (no lightning bolt) and about 15 minutes later it was so hot i had to use the tips of my fingers to grab it and remove the battery. this morning was the 4th time its happened. i just wont use any internet while fully charged and while on the charger then.

if you one of you guys could test your phone to see if its just mine or just normal it would be greatly appreciated
    best thing that you can do is let your battery do charging first, then after unplug it and let it cool for awhile before you start rockin' your bold! =)

not only us humans need to have a break for awhile.. also our bold needs it to,,

so just relax,, . . its normal,,
    04-02-09 08:20 AM
    Thanks for all your help guys and your superfast responses!

I love it here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:27 AM
    Hi Guys

I just have a question, Low Battery blackberry charges I finished I did. I left behind the charges I awake by refusing to open and I think blinking red light. but not really open. What should I do?
    06-02-14 02:42 AM
    i have a curve 8900 and a torch 9810. i use both every day. i also use them while charging. never have i had the problem you described. they stay about the temperature and just keep working like useful. i bought the curve when those first came out, and the same for the torch, so i have had both phones for many years. they work great still today after countless drops on hard surfaces.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-05-15 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD