Topic is the question.
    I know a few sources of batteries were overcharging kills it faster, just wanted opinions, if I left a fully charge Bold overnight for bedtime mode, would it be bad in the long run?
    04-15-09 11:31 PM
    No, once fully charged, it will stop charging. Once the charging indicator goes out, charging is complete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 11:55 PM
    You're OK to leave it on the charger, the Berry is a smartphone, and it stops when it's full. Just remember to burp it once in a while. ;D

04-16-09 12:00 AM
    You're OK to leave it on the charger, the Berry is a smartphone, and it stops when it's full. Just remember to burp it once in a while. ;D

Nice, would a battery pull count as a burp? LOL!!
    04-16-09 12:02 AM
    Thanks for the replies.
    04-16-09 12:10 AM
    Wrong end, friend, that's a full-service change. Lol!

04-16-09 12:14 AM
    yeah ive heard that may be a problem, but mostly with older Li-Ion batteries. where youd have to drain the battery once fully before use.
    I dont think thats the case anymore
    04-16-09 01:59 AM
    BlackBerries know whenthey are full. Here's how you can check this out.

Switch off your phone via the red button and now plug it in to the charger. The led flashes green-ish once every few seconds on.....off.....on..... Now the phone is charging.

When it is full the LED will stay on continuously.
    04-16-09 02:16 AM
    The spare battery charger and the charger for the Blackberry HS-655+ BTHS that comes with the big Power Station are all like that as well. It's so great because I can leave the spare battery in there and know that it is fully charged. Toss my Bold in the Power Station at home or on the Charging Pod at work and that's where it stays!

Chris
    04-16-09 02:20 AM
    It ain't bad for the batt, on the contrary, its good as quoted by some here as li-ion needs to be constantly charged.

04-16-09 03:12 AM
    It ain't bad for the batt, on the contrary, its good as quoted by some here as li-ion needs to be constantly charged.

Exactly. It actually helps keep the life of the battery up.

Chris
    04-16-09 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD