03-17-09 02:53 PM
45 12
tools
    Hi all,
    I just got a BlackBerry Curve 8330 from Verizon and I am loving everyday of it! I bought a leather case that clips on to my waist and protects my phone when in the case, but when I take it out it is unprotected. Should I keep this or get an Otterbox to protect it? I am careful with my phone most of the time.
    Thanks!
    03-07-09 06:39 PM
    Either do what you are doing now, but put a BSE on the phone to protect it.

*Best Skins Ever.

Otter box is over all protection, i use it in my job, being a emergency responder i beat the **** out of it and it keep working. A bit bulk but it works.
    03-07-09 06:42 PM
    What is a BSE?
    03-07-09 06:44 PM
    Personally I would use anything but an otterbox but that is just me. Way to bulky and overpriced. That said if you want maximum protection I have not found a case (have not looked either) that will beat the otterbox. If you like it and dont care about added bulk go for it - looks like it will survive most accidents. I am good with screen protector (bse) and my tire tread silicone skin. When I am feeling really brave I venture out with just my leather holster
    03-07-09 06:44 PM
    What is a BSE?
    *Best Skins Ever.

They rock
    03-07-09 06:45 PM
    So it is a bad idea to not protect the screen? I really don't drop my phone at all and have insurance if I damage it. I would rather not have a bulky phone.
    03-07-09 06:45 PM
    Its really a personal preference thing. I tried out many cases, holsters, skins and found what I liked by trial and error. The little gel skins slip off to easily for my tastes and I did not want a hard case since I use a cradle to charge my phone. I got the skin that is much thicker than the standard silicone case (looks like a tire tread) and it slips off in seconds and along with my screen protector, it provides all the protection for me personally, other than a water issue.... Sleeves work well too if you carry it in your purse or pocket... The only issue with that is the phone is naked while in use. Head into Verizon or another store and look @ all the cases, one will stand out..
    03-07-09 06:53 PM
    I appreciate all of your help! I think I am going to stick with what I have now...I like it and that is all that matters. I don't need that much protection...Thanks so much to everyone!!!!!
    03-07-09 06:56 PM
    I appreciate all of your help! I think I am going to stick with what I have now...I like it and that is all that matters. I don't need that much protection...Thanks so much to everyone!!!!!
    You my friend hit it right on the head. Your insured and you like what you have got - your set
    03-07-09 06:58 PM
    Yes sir! Thanks again...also how in God's name have you posted 3,000 + posts since January?!?!?!?
    03-07-09 07:00 PM
    lol he never sleeps
    03-07-09 07:04 PM
    Serving community service for CB. The Mods are holding me against my will - send help!!
    03-07-09 07:05 PM
    hahahahaha good job!!
    03-07-09 07:09 PM
    Does the BlackBerry Curve screen scratch easily?
    03-07-09 07:17 PM
    Yes. In my short time I have read about the simplest of things scratching the screen. From earrings to dogpaws and whatever else you can think of so IMO they are easily scratched - hence my 5 dollar investment in a BSE screen protector. I cannot be asked to rip off the screen to replace it due to scratches. To each his or her own though
    03-07-09 07:24 PM
    k hahahaha thanks
    03-07-09 07:25 PM
    I wanted the otterbox and was going to purchase it until I saw a friends cover. She has the bodyglove and I like it. It has a clear cover over the face so it protects the screen very nice.
    03-07-09 07:30 PM
    Thank you. I looked at it online and would rather go with my leather belt case. Thanks so much!!!!
    03-07-09 07:43 PM
    Where do you buy the "Best Skins Ever"?
    03-08-09 07:23 PM
    I don't think a whole lot of people actually need an otterbox. Personally I think if you have a job like police, firefighter, security, contruction, etc. Then the otterbox is for you. Otherwise its just a bit of over kill. With all thabeing said though I love my otterbox. I could play hockey with my bb and it would be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 07:57 PM
    Where do you buy the "Best Skins Ever"?
    Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

Enjoy
    03-08-09 07:58 PM
    Do you really have to shut off the BB to install just the screen covers or is that only needed when applying the cover that covers the entire device?

03-08-09 08:53 PM
    I would power down the device when installing anything
    you use a little bit of soapy water, so better to be safe.
    03-08-09 08:55 PM
    Personally I would use anything but an otterbox but that is just me. Way to bulky and overpriced. That said if you want maximum protection I have not found a case (have not looked either) that will beat the otterbox. If you like it and dont care about added bulk go for it - looks like it will survive most accidents. I am good with screen protector (bse) and my tire tread silicone skin. When I am feeling really brave I venture out with just my leather holster
    Naughty!

03-09-09 04:51 AM
    I don't think a whole lot of people actually need an otterbox. Personally I think if you have a job like police, firefighter, security, contruction, etc. Then the otterbox is for you. Otherwise its just a bit of over kill. With all thabeing said though I love my otterbox. I could play hockey with my bb and it would be fine.

You're probably right. I sit at a desk all day so I could get by without my otterbox but I have a tendency to drop my phones. I also have big hands so I like the added bulk of the OB.
    03-09-09 05:28 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD