ok i currently own the otterbox defender case for the storm. i am looking for a less bulkier case and a change in style. i coach lacrosse at a highschool so i use the otterbox when im on the field because the field is really dusty, and of course because lacrosse balls are flying around at pretty high speeds and i dont want my phone to get destroyed. but now is the off season and i dont need the heavy duty protection, although i still want the protection of a full screen cover (like the otterbox has and i think like the naked case has)

any suggestions as to which case i should look into?
    or maybe some hands on experience with these cases?
    any input other than use the search function or any other flame is appreciated.. thanks in advanced.
    05-23-09 12:52 PM
    Incipio feather. Does not have full screen protection but thats what screen protectors are for. Crackberry sells them in the store too!
    05-23-09 12:59 PM
    Incipio feather. Does not have full screen protection but thats what screen protectors are for. Crackberry sells them in the store too!
    i know but the reason i wanted it was because it doesnt allow dust behind the screen.. see what i mean now?
    like the whole front of the phone is covered, including the screen gaps
    05-23-09 01:03 PM
    I'm guessing you plan on pocketing your phone?

I ran my first Storm naked and kept it in the BB leather holster
    (Never once had any dust)

My second Storm (Which i have now) Was in the Incipio Feather for a bit, but I missed the feel of the phone. So, It's been naked for about two weeks. Again, in the holster no dust

I just ordered Zagg IS for it it's about 25.00$ But with the code memday09 you can get 50% off..

I know the Seidio innocase 360 for the storm willl offer what you want, at 1mm thick. Check it out
    Innocase 360 - Black
    05-23-09 01:08 PM
    I'm guessing you plan on pocketing your phone?

I ran my first Storm naked and kept it in the BB leather holster
    (Never once had any dust)

My second Storm (Which i have now) Was in the Incipio Feather for a bit, but I missed the feel of the phone. So, It's been naked for about two weeks. Again, in the holster no dust

I just ordered Zagg IS for it it's about 25.00$ But with the code memday09 you can get 50% off..

I know the Seidio innocase 360 for the storm willl offer what you want, at 1mm thick. Check it out
    Innocase 360 - Black
    ok thanks ill check it out.. i actually had the IS on my storm but the dust proceeded to enter. actually to the point that my storm became unusable and i had to change it out (the phone would not register clicks at all)

so ya it may all just be in my head but i just recently swapped the phone again and its becoming a pain in the ****.
    05-23-09 01:15 PM
    Case-Mate BlackBerry Storm Naked Case (Case-Mate BBSTRMNK-CLR), BlackBerry Storm Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather

thats the naked case im also looking at.. i was wondering how the typing is on the naked case compared to the innocase 360
    05-23-09 01:20 PM
    Case-Mate BlackBerry Storm Naked Case (Case-Mate BBSTRMNK-CLR), BlackBerry Storm Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather

thats the naked case im also looking at.. i was wondering how the typing is on the naked case compared to the innocase 360
    Personally, I'm not a fan of "plastic" cases. They feel cheap and are often not pleasant to hold. Is it bigger than the 360? I'm willing to guess so.
    05-23-09 01:28 PM
    otterbox is cool, i had the innocase II but gave it to my friend. his poor, naked storm needed it more than mine did. i miss the belt clip though might have to go buy a new one. i got the otterbox for camping/fishing/drinking large quantities of alcohol purposes only. it is NOT my everyday case. my innocase II was, but now i just go naked. way easier to type without the otterbox. but then again, i usually don't type much with it on. GPS for marking fishing spots, and calls are about all i can muster.
    05-23-09 02:31 PM
    otterbox is cool, i had the innocase II but gave it to my friend. his poor, naked storm needed it more than mine did. i miss the belt clip though might have to go buy a new one. i got the otterbox for camping/fishing/drinking large quantities of alcohol purposes only. it is NOT my everyday case. my innocase II was, but now i just go naked. way easier to type without the otterbox. but then again, i usually don't type much with it on. GPS for marking fishing spots, and calls are about all i can muster.
    I guess I've grown used to typing on the ob cuz I use it as an everyday case. I feel like I don't need the heavy duty protection right now but I definitely don't want dust under the screen again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 06:59 PM
    Patches are you using the second gen OB btw? Its much better than the first IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD