03-06-09 08:53 PM
31 12
tools
    I just sold my iphone on ebay, and getting a nice tax refund since the irs gives school credit. I think I might go with both. The otterbox would be good when in clinical for school( going for radiology) and would make me feel a bit more comfortable with the extra protection while running cassettes around, developing film, moving patients and portable x-ray machines around etc. Then switch to the vaja when I go out and want something to look a bit more flashy.
    03-06-09 07:29 PM
    There was also a code for otterbox that was good for 15% going around here a week or so ago. The promo code was CES2009. I don't know if it still works but it's worth a shot.
    Still works, just tried it.
    03-06-09 07:41 PM
    Someone said in another thread the Vajas don't support sleep mode. Is it true? This would be a dealbreaker for me.

Also, walkingrock, I know on the web site it says you can buy the Vaja without a clip, but if you get it with the clip how easy is it to remove/replace? I think Snork and I are on the same wavelength in wanting to use the clip sometimes but not others.

TIA - R.
    03-06-09 07:48 PM
    Someone said in another thread the Vajas don't support sleep mode. Is it true? This would be a dealbreaker for me.

Also, walkingrock, I know on the web site it says you can buy the Vaja without a clip, but if you get it with the clip how easy is it to remove/replace? I think Snork and I are on the same wavelength in wanting to use the clip sometimes but not others.

TIA - R.
    My vaja classic leather pocket DOES have a sleeper magnet. The vaja involution case is also supposed to have a sleeper magnet. No first hand confirmation from owners of the involution yet tho.
    03-06-09 08:39 PM

TIA - R.
    indeed, i wish that 'nub' on the back was removable. if im going to pay close to $100 for a custom case, it might as well be multi-functional

i use the blackberry branded pocket holster right now, so i guess i can use that when i dont want a holster, but that'd be letting a vaja case goto waste.

thanks for the front cover info walkingrock. im not sure how i feel about that.

one other question to anyone who has one. i currently have the full body invisible shield. does anyone know if that would need to be removed for the vaja case? i can fit it in the blackberry branded pocket one just fine (im sure its slightly more snug, but not sure how much.. got the case after i shielded the phone)
    03-06-09 08:47 PM
    one other question to anyone who has one. i currently have the full body invisible shield. does anyone know if that would need to be removed for the vaja case? i can fit it in the blackberry branded pocket one just fine (im sure its slightly more snug, but not sure how much.. got the case after i shielded the phone)
    The classic leather pocket is MUCH more snug than the OEM blackberry sleeve/pocket. I had MAJOR breakin issues for the first week of usage. The major drag/friction point is the two little rubber feet on the back of the storm. Once those "grooved" into the felt interior the case became MUCH more usable. But it is still a VERY snug fit, in a good way. Much more tailored fit than the OEM sleeve or the fortte.
    03-06-09 08:53 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD