03-06-09 09:53 PM
31 12
tools
    I was considering getting either the otterbox or a vaja case to protect my Storm.

I was wondering if anyone had any pics of their phone in a vaja case just to see what it looked like realistically.

Also if anyone had any opinions on either case that would be appreciated also.

Thanks.
    03-02-09 09:47 PM
    i was thinking of what case to get and i just ordered the seidio innocase II with holster. 55$ shipped
    03-02-09 09:52 PM
    I've heard that the Otterbox is really bulky and not very Storm user friendly...I've always heard they are redesigning the case to fix this issue.

Have heard nothing but good reviews about Vaja cases but they are pricey.
    03-02-09 09:54 PM
    I've heard that the Otterbox is really bulky and not very Storm user friendly...I've always heard they are redesigning the case to fix this issue.

Have heard nothing but good reviews about Vaja cases but they are pricey.
    They are pretty pricey, but man what a good looking case.

Besides I paid full price for my Storm so I figured I might as well protect it as well as I can. I have insurance but that does not necessarily mean I'm careless with my phone. I'd rather keep what I have.
    03-02-09 10:02 PM
    I have an otterbox on my Pearl and it is indeed a bit bulky but it's also a tank! I work in industrial environments so they bulk is worth it.
    03-02-09 10:03 PM
    They are pretty pricey, but man what a good looking case.

Besides I paid full price for my Storm so I figured I might as well protect it as well as I can. I have insurance but that does not necessarily mean I'm careless with my phone. I'd rather keep what I have.
    I thought about the Vaja as well but it was just out of my price range. I went with the Seidio Surface II.

They are sweet looking though, you get to pick the colors and everything. Most say that it takes 30 days to make though.
    03-02-09 10:06 PM
    +1 for vaja
    03-02-09 10:18 PM
    I was considering getting either the otterbox or a vaja case to protect my Storm.

I was wondering if anyone had any pics of their phone in a vaja case just to see what it looked like realistically.
    F

Thanks.
    Vaja all the way. Had one on both of my old iphones and the quality and service was great. Now I'm looking to get one for my storm as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 10:30 PM
    I would say it depends on your needs. I have the otterbox because I work in construction and I like how it envelops the whole phone. I love the phone without a case, but if I have one, I want it to protect the whole phone.

03-02-09 11:20 PM
    The vaja case looks nice though, it just doesn't fit my needs.
    Last edited by PhatTimmy; 03-02-09 at 11:30 PM.
    03-02-09 11:23 PM
    i use the seidio clip while i'm at work and the vaja for socializing. the seidio is very practical but it's a bit on the dorky side. i have a vaja (without clip) which i use when i'm socializing, i can keep it in my pocket/coat or set it down and know that i'm protected and stylish!
    03-02-09 11:40 PM
    Lol... This is kind of like asking whether you should buy a Hummer or a Bently... Both are awesome in their own right, but foe different reasons.

I am probably going to buy both and use each in different situations. I mean, I don't wear my Rolex to work nor do I wear a T-shirt out to a fancy restaurant.

03-03-09 12:16 AM
    Lol... This is kind of like asking whether you should buy a Hummer or a Bently... Both are awesome in their own right, but foe different reasons.

I am probably going to buy both and use each in different situations. I mean, I don't wear my Rolex to work nor do I wear a T-shirt out to a fancy restaurant.

Well put. I'm very, very tempted to get a Vaja. I'm just battling myself about the price trying to justify it. But I think it will be well worth the price in the end. I've been playing with a couple of color combinations and I'm getting excited about it. Waiting for it stinks though but the website says it will be a 20 day wait so not too bad I guess.

I work in an office so there aren't too many hazards that my Storm is exposed to but the extra protection from the otterbox is nice, I could be clumsy at times.
    03-03-09 12:55 AM
    The Vajana case looks pretty cool... I may have to pull $125 out of my **** hole cavity to purchase this awesomeness...
    03-03-09 01:20 AM
    don't forget the vajaja promo code i think it still works

SPOILME
    03-03-09 06:56 AM

Thanks.
    I ordered the Vaja Involution SP for my Storm, it shipped today, and is scheduled to arrive Mar. 9. I ordered it Jan. 31. I had a Vaja case for my Treo 650, and loved it. Depends on how long you plan to use your storm, and the environment you will use it in. The Vaja case is protective, but very high-class. The Otterbox is ugly and protective. If you are in a rough environment, get the Otterbox. If you are in a normal environment and want something nice; get the Vaja. I plan to use mine for 2 yrs, so it is worth it to me. ($)
    Last edited by walkingrock; 03-06-09 at 12:01 PM. Reason: order date correction
    03-03-09 09:23 PM
    Go with the Vaja. I had one for my Iphone and loved it. The quality is second to none. I just ordered the Top Sp for my storm on Feb 24th. Anxiously awaiting its arrival.
    03-04-09 01:04 AM
    I just ordered a Vaja case last night and the promo code SPOILME does still work. cant wait to get the case. I love that you can chose your own color combos
    03-04-09 07:27 AM
    There was also a code for otterbox that was good for 15% going around here a week or so ago. The promo code was CES2009. I don't know if it still works but it's worth a shot.
    03-04-09 07:41 AM
    I have the Classic Leather Pocket by Vaja and love it because, it still allows you put phone jean pockets with no problem. I don't wear clips on my belt...
    03-04-09 10:01 AM
    I just took the otter box off of my phone had to many issues with it. could not select items on the screen to easy and people could not hear me clearly.
    03-04-09 10:03 AM
    the vaja case looks awesome.

i have a couple gripes with it though, perhaps some of you who own one could help with them.

1) the belt clip. i like the option, but how protruding is the clip on the case if say i wanted to just shove the phone in my pocket?
    2) is the front cover attached always or can it be removed and reattached?

the otterbox.. im sorry that thing is ugly as sin, i cant imagine why anyone would put their storm in something that hideous. if you're in an environment that requires that kind of durable a case, perhaps you shouldn't get a storm lol.
    03-04-09 10:45 AM
    What percentage off does Vaja's promo code SPOILME provide for?

I don't have a Storm yet but when I do get it, I want a Vaja case. Of course, the code may have gone away by then.
    03-04-09 11:27 AM
    You can get it without a belt clip also. Probably hard to put in your pocket with a belt clip. Front cover is always attached, you get used to it.
    the vaja case looks awesome.

i have a couple gripes with it though, perhaps some of you who own one could help with them.

1) the belt clip. i like the option, but how protruding is the clip on the case if say i wanted to just shove the phone in my pocket?
    2) is the front cover attached always or can it be removed and reattached?

the otterbox.. im sorry that thing is ugly as sin, i cant imagine why anyone would put their storm in something that hideous. if you're in an environment that requires that kind of durable a case, perhaps you shouldn't get a storm lol.
    03-06-09 12:04 PM
    I just took the otter box off of my phone had to many issues with it. could not select items on the screen to easy and people could not hear me clearly.
    Hey Debias, it won't let me pm you because I don't have enough posts but let me know if you want to sell that thing. I want to try it out because of the protection it offers but I'm too afraid of all the bad reviews to buy a new one.
    03-06-09 06:33 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD