First I want to say the otterbox I am currently using is the first iteration one (the one withe the charging port problems), and the new one is in the mail so I do not know if the new one has fixed this problem.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else is having slowdown problems with their tour in an otterbox case, such has going from the homescreen to the menu, or oddly enough, holding down the alt key and trying to press a button at the same time wouldn't work. I figured that this was probably due to the case holding down a button. I read that the right convenience key is a two stage button, and sure enough, when the rubber case is lifted off that button, everything works fine.

My question is, is anyone else having these problems, and know how to fix it? Or if the new case address it?

Also, other than this problem, I absolutely love this case, and especially Otterbox customer service, they are great ( A new updated defender case + a free impact case without me ever complaining to them!)
    08-02-09 02:01 AM
    Yup - already a thread. It appears Otter knows about it. You can call them and they will ship you a replacement. If you got it from them, you should have gotten an email telling you about a replacement.

Folks are shaving a bit of rubber off the "area" of the camera button. I think I read Otter is doing the same with their first replacements but will probably remold the rubber in that location.

Call Otter
    08-02-09 09:50 AM
    I wish mine would ship itleast lol
    08-03-09 09:48 PM
    Take off the Rubber part trim the nubs that push the cam. button down with nail clippers.
    08-04-09 10:42 AM
    Ordered my Defender yesterday. I hope they got it right this time but kudos on the customer service I've read about on the original case and replacements.
    08-04-09 11:10 AM
    I was wondering about this too as I got mine yesterday. It was a first gen. I called them and even though I didn't order it from them, they are shipping me one fixed for the usb port and throwing in a free impact case too!

I have to say I have never seen a company do this before - they don't even want proof of purchase or for me to send them the defective one back!
    08-04-09 02:37 PM
    I was wondering about this too as I got mine yesterday. It was a first gen. I called them and even though I didn't order it from them, they are shipping me one fixed for the usb port and throwing in a free impact case too!

I have to say I have never seen a company do this before - they don't even want proof of purchase or for me to send them the defective one back!
    Their customer service is incredible. My revised Defender case and free Impact case were delivered today according to the UPS tracking number. Now I just need to go home and put it on once it hits 4 pm.
    08-05-09 02:09 PM
    Mine should be delivered here soon. I've never had CS like with OtterBox but I'm going to say that they would rather have people come back for other cases and new customers based off their CS they provide. I know the owner stresses CS to his reps.
    08-05-09 04:06 PM
    yeah, their customer service really amazed me. As long as I have a blackberry and they're still making cases, I'll keep buying from them.

Also, trimming down the rubber on the side of the camera button worked really well.
    08-05-09 04:44 PM
    yeah worked perfect for me and the charging port i could have done myself as well i feel a little bad about getting a new one and an impact case i would have been happy with an impact case alone i know others will feel different considering its a 50 dollar case and should be perfect im not complaining i got the new stuff i just feel kinda bad or im suprised they didnt want them shipped back to maybe fix those and send them as refurbs or discount prices
    08-05-09 05:15 PM
    My New one came today they did what i told you to do and the Cut the piece by the charger>>>
    08-05-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD