12-20-10 08:58 AM
35 12
tools
    I bought the Otterbox for my Torch the same day I received my Torch in the mail on the 18th. It is a very bad design and needs to be modified. The screenlock button is pushed on if you barely touch the top of the otterbox. I actually returned one of the Torch phones because the AT&T store could not figuire out what was wrong with the phone, but it was the Otterbox. You actually have to cut out the two rubber buttons and and a little bit of the box by the screenlock button on the otterbox filler to get the otterbox and phone to work correctly together. Basically all of the Otterbox's for this phone should be recalled and it should be redesigned.
    08-26-10 01:36 PM
    Did anyone get the screen protector that's supposed to come with the case? I got mine from the Crackberry store but on the Otterbox website it says comes with screen protector. I didn't get one. Just wondering if otterbox or crackberry store would send me one no charge?
    08-29-10 06:46 PM
    I bought the Otterbox for my Torch the same day I received my Torch in the mail on the 18th. It is a very bad design and needs to be modified. The screenlock button is pushed on if you barely touch the top of the otterbox. I actually returned one of the Torch phones because the AT&T store could not figuire out what was wrong with the phone, but it was the Otterbox. You actually have to cut out the two rubber buttons and and a little bit of the box by the screenlock button on the otterbox filler to get the otterbox and phone to work correctly together. Basically all of the Otterbox's for this phone should be recalled and it should be redesigned.
    I love my Otterbox, but agree with the above. I hate how the pink "liner" interferes with the lock button. I am tempted to cut it out and see if that fixes the problem...
    08-29-10 07:28 PM
    I bought mine a couple of days ago at the ATT store. I love it. It doesn't interfere with the sliding at all and it doesn't affect my typing. It certainly helps that I get 50% off at ATT store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it's a bit pricey for $39.00 plus tax
    how did you get a 50% off? employee discount?
    premier membership?
    08-29-10 09:47 PM
    i like it. i had never used their cases before, so when they were out of holsters i bought it with my phone.
    i bought a holster finally (not actual bb) andthe bb fits with the otter case, though snugly.
    living with it for a couple weeks now i can see that the top piece adds just THAT much more space on my top row of the keyboard making that area a bit tricky to type. i have gotten used to it but noticed an improvement when the top was off.

but... what caused me to visit this thread again was that this am when getting out of bed and grabbing my torch, i dropped it for the first time. the little top cover piece went flying and im not really sure which side ity hit, but everything was fine. snapped the cover back on. so im mentioning this because i dont think it would be much help if the phone went on a bouncing, rolling path down the sidewalk... my guess after the first bounce the front cover would pop off. i dont know.. might depend on where it hits... but then again no damage.. to the phone.
    08-30-10 02:58 PM
    Received my Otterbox Commuter today! It fits great and the extra bulk makes it fit snug in my case. Looks and feels great! We will see if my experience is as good as others.

+1 from me!
    C
    08-30-10 06:55 PM
    I just returned mine tonight. I didn't mind the extra weight or bulk because it's heavy duty construction save my old BB several times. The problem I had was the top snap on piece. The way it secured at the top of the screen put pressure on the gap between the phone and the screen and my phone developed a forward and backward screen wiggle when slid open that it didn't have when i got the phone. The wiggle is so bad that my screen rattles when I move it and the slide is up ( the guy at the AT&T Repair center told me to exchange the phone because the wiggle was not normal).
    I opted this time for a case that attatched to itself and not the phone. It is a little harder to slide open, but I can deal with that.

mine is having the exact same issue - with the top on the phone lower button have to be heavily pressed to work. and the entire phone slides slightly with the simplest wiggle.

bah - back it goes.
    10-29-10 07:56 AM
    I really don't like mine, just got it. It locks my phone constantly and I find it doesn't fit well. I decided not to use the bottom part, but use the protection on my screen.
    11-05-10 09:26 AM
    I've broken two of the top pieces so far. The first time it was the first time I ever dropped the phone. It protected the phone, but the top piece wouldn't go back on the phone. There is a one year warranty on it and they gave me a new one since I still had the receipt. Now the top piece of the second one is starting to get loose and I'm sure if I drop it again it will go flying and not go back on again.
    11-10-10 10:05 PM
    I got the otterbox cover yesterday, great except the screen protector, the sticker tab, did not come off the cover and now there is glue and part of the sticker on my cover. Not happy at all!!
    12-20-10 08:58 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD