hey guys, i heard a lot of feedback on the otterbox commuter case and i do like it.... but there is one thing i need to ask some of you that have purchased the case.... while the phone is closed if you were to press any of teh function on the slider ( talk, menu, trackpad, back, or end) does it feel like the screen is getting pushed in a bit, or is that just because the phone isn't 100% closed and when it's getting pushed down its pretty much in the sliding mechanism and becoming flush??

i'm really confused to see if it's suppost to do that?

please some help guys!!!!

thanks
    Mark
    Last edited by BB-MAZDASPEED; 11-24-10 at 06:05 AM.
    11-24-10 04:46 AM
    isn't that the wobble issues some torches have?
    11-24-10 08:18 AM
    When my phone is closed with the case on it, my phone doesn't push in if I hit the menu/talk/end buttons. I have no play between the top slider piece and bottom.
    11-24-10 10:03 AM
    My commuter case actually resolved the "wobble" issue I had...
    11-24-10 12:48 PM
    well with my torch if i dont have the otterbox on, the phone is perfect, no wobbles or anything, but when i have the otterbox on, its like the plastic piece from the top is touching the the piece from the bottom and that it is not letting the torch close 100%, i was wondering if thats normal, because when i press the buttons at the bottom of the screen it's not that the screen is loose or anything, but because the plastic pieces are touching eachother and when i do press down on the buttons it's like the phone starts to slide open because the top is sliding down the bottom plastic piece... i don't know how to describe it through the computer i just wish one of you guys could see it in person, i dont think i'm harming the phone and because i work midnights, and sleep during the day its hard to go to a store and speak to anyone about this situation so i have come onto this site and ask pretty much the professional bb users.
    11-24-10 10:36 PM
    Quite a few cases doesn't allow the Torch to close 100% I found that out with the otterbox and casemate I had.
    11-24-10 10:38 PM
    I have the same problem it also makes a squeeky noise that is pretty anoying!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 10:39 PM
    I'm currentl using the AT&T AGF GRT case and seems to avoid this issue for now. and also eliminates the wobbles for me.
    11-24-10 10:44 PM
    so the end result would be that everything is technically ok, i am not harming the phone right?
    11-24-10 10:48 PM
    i love the case, but started to have issues with the top part surrounding the screen, it hindered the way i could type on the keyboard....I now only sport the bottom of the otterbox and have the top unprotected. Looks like a beaut!!!
    11-24-10 10:51 PM
    so the end result would be that everything is technically ok, i am not harming the phone right?
    Nothing would be harmed and it won't affect the future functionality or the phone. Its a matter of how much it would end up annoying you in the end.
    11-24-10 10:58 PM
    Does anyone know if shop crackberry is going to get the all piink "pink is strength" otterbox for torch? The one that proceds go to cancer research?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 10:58 PM
    Wouldn't know your best bet would be to email the store support or their customer service at: canada@crackberry.com
    11-24-10 11:00 PM
    I have been hearing that the otterbox has issues where the cover for the upper part of the device doesn't want to stay on, and is breaking easily.
    11-24-10 11:16 PM
    I have been hearing that the otterbox has issues where the cover for the upper part of the device doesn't want to stay on, and is breaking easily.
    If you use it and continuously put it on and then remove it wit will eventually snap the clips and it actually ended up scratching my bezel
    b360net likes this.
    11-24-10 11:19 PM
    Just ordered one for a Torch I'm receiving tomorrrow.
    Does it bulk up the phone too much or is still pocketable with the Otterbox on?
    11-29-10 10:34 PM
    It is a little bit bigger, but I wouldn't consider it bulky. I only notice a size difference when I take it off and then hold the phone in my hand. The phone feels really small then. I don't have any problem with it going in and out of the my pockets. An issue I do have is that the rubber flaps for the ear jack and charge hole open up all the time; that is bothersome at times.

Apart from that and top cover making the screen wobble, it's a pretty good cover for the phone.
    11-29-10 10:54 PM
    Like others have said the top cover is not all that great. You're still gonna worry about if you drop the fone and damage it. i have used otterbox on past devices with no complaints but this one (Torch) is not making the grade.
    Last edited by pittster; 11-29-10 at 11:19 PM.
    11-29-10 11:16 PM
    i returned my torch... it cause my screen to squeek as well as my buttons as it physically lifts the screen up and loosened it...

not to mention form a simple 1ft drop on even carpet the top pops off...

i dropped the phone 1ft from getting out of the car and top popped off and phone was completely damaged having chunks removed off the corner from such a small drop.

what kind of protection is that? phone replaced and case returned.. now im running an agf case - way better. case now protected, slider not effected, and over all 100% better case.
    11-30-10 02:35 PM
    used this case the first day i got my torch been nice but adds too much bulk.. also had problems locking the phone because the top end of the back casing was too tight.. i've ordered the Zagg full protection hopefully i get it soon!
    11-30-10 03:19 PM
    I love otterbox but I must say that the one for the torch is a fail. My first torch (thankfully it was defective and they replaced it) had the otterbox on it and I dropped in and it was a very short fall and the top part came off. It did this everytime I dropped it, which was twice. The second time I was not as lucky when the top part came off the silver around the screen got really damaged. So it is really not worth the money. That is my opinion on the otterbox for the torch.
    11-30-10 08:56 PM
    I have had the otterbox on Torch for about a week and really like it. It is a little on the bulkier side, but my phone feels protected. I haven't had any issues as some of the other posters.
    11-30-10 09:00 PM
    I do love my Otterbox. I did have a problem with the bezel piece when my son hit my phone with a toy. It broke. I phoned Otterbox on Monday evening last week, and they had delivered to my house by Thursday. Not bad since I live in Canada.
    11-30-10 09:05 PM
    I do love my Otterbox. I did have a problem with the bezel piece when my son hit my phone with a toy. It broke. I phoned Otterbox on Monday evening last week, and they had delivered to my house by Thursday. Not bad since I live in Canada.
    I emailed them about my case popping off everytime but they never did respond
    11-30-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD