02-11-11 08:40 PM
41 12
tools
    The defender is no joke. My buddy managed to drop his eyefone down an elevator shaft accidentally at work. The thing fell 6 stories so he knew it was a goner. He went ahead and got a new phone that night. The next day, the elevator was being serviced and he told the guy servicing it what happened and he'd like he phone back for the case. The guy got the phone out and the damn thing worked flawlessly and didn't have a scratch on it. My buddy's mom still uses it to this day.
    07-30-10 03:09 PM
    $50.00 CAD plus taxes for a new keypad in Kelowna, BC. 7 minutes in and out of the door too. Kelowna Cell Repair is the place to go in the Okanagan. Copies of the Otterbox case and phone receipts and the repair receipt with pics of damage and the story of what happened have been sent off to Otterbox. I should be hearing from the next week. Will keep you posted.
    07-30-10 06:30 PM
    I just got a call from Otterbox and the reimbursement check, new Defender case, and revised holster are in the mail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 04:18 PM
    That's awesome!
    08-20-10 04:53 PM
    New Defender on my BB. Then revised holster is the same design, but with beefier slide clip clamps. Definitely requires a good pull to unseat the BB out of the holster. I love it. Kudos to Otterbox for working with me on this.
    08-27-10 08:07 PM
    Yep! Otterbox is sooooo worth the price. My Blackberries and iPods have all lived in the Defender series over the years.

Saved my equipment from certain death on numerous occasions. And their warranty policy is stellar!!

08-27-10 08:22 PM
    Otterbox rocks! They have great products and the best warranty and customer service!! I have dealt with their staff for a few situations and each time it has been the best!
    08-27-10 09:37 PM
    This thread needs a bump for greatness!!

12-17-10 07:02 PM
    But will it blend?
    12-28-10 05:29 PM
    I remember reading this thread many months ago. I've since gotten an Otterbox and I'm still impressed.
    01-20-11 02:10 PM
    How about commuter is it good too?
    went to the Amazon in Brazil with the commuter, no problems there.
    01-21-11 12:30 PM
    hoooooly, i have no words
    01-26-11 06:00 PM
    My Commuter is an excellent case. It's pocketable, for those that go that way. The plastic back and sides give it enough slip.

The rubber in the corners is exposed, providing some bounce protection and making the Mute/Lock buttons very easy to operate. It also give your hand some grip points to keep the device from slipping out of your hands.

The sides of the silicon jacket actually have external buttons shaped to exactly fit the hard buttons on the device, making operation through the case a cinch.

Port protection is smart. Each flap has a shaped nubbin that plugs into the port and holds the flap closed, also providing some modicum of internal support for the ports.

Comes with the easiest-to-apply-perfectly screen protector I've ever used.

Doesn't add much bulk at all, and fits in the OEM 9000 holster prefectly. Lots of folks can fit it into their OEM 9700 holster, but on mine, the flap would not close because the Commuter is just a shade too tall. Over time, it would probably bend in the right place.

Obviously the Commuter would not have helped much in this scenario. It provides excellent drop/bump/scratch protection, but against crushing weight? Not so much. That's what the Defender is designed for.
    I cannot agree more with you. Love the feeling when I hold Commuter in my hand. It's just the perfect size
    02-03-11 10:04 AM
    My 9700 goes into the Commuter every morning from the charging pod everyday for over a year now.

I added a Stealth Guard kit as well and my phone has not got even the tiniest scratch that I can find.

Look after your Berry and it will look after you !
    02-03-11 11:46 AM
    I agree. The Otterbox cases are wonderful. I have the Impact and the Defender for my Curve 8530.
    02-07-11 12:11 PM
    I just got an otter box for my 1+ year old storm2 and I love it! Don't know why I didn't do this sooner. I got it mainly because my battery door was getting a little loose and I was concerned with it coming off. Don't have to worry about that anymore! Best case I ever owned for a phone.

02-11-11 08:40 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD