02-13-11 04:43 AM
28 12
tools
    Just got an e-mail that the Commuter Case is now available for $34.95 at www.otterbox.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 10:07 AM
    I wonder if its actually in stock. It's on sale on Amazon for $25 but it says it ships in 1-2 months!

01-20-11 11:32 AM
    According to the Otterbox web site, it is available ...

BlackBerry Style Cases, BlackBerry Style Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

SKU: RBB4-9670S-20-E4OTR_A
    Availability: In Stock

From looking at the pics, it seems that adds a little bulk to the Style, which would help us fat-fingers grasp it better ... and it looks like it has a ridge on the backside which might help keep our fingers from blocking the camera and/or flash!
    v_sprad and Stormy_NY like this.
    01-20-11 02:32 PM
    Ordered mine last night .... Hope it is rubberized ... That little thing is slick !
    01-21-11 09:05 AM
    Just got an e-mail that the Commuter Case is now available for $34.95 at www.otterbox.com.

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

That should take care of the link.

01-21-11 09:41 AM
    Let me know how that case works, I just hope I can find it cheaper somewhere else. I hope its not too rubberized though so it doesn't get stuck in my jeans pocket!
    01-21-11 02:23 PM
    i bought it from amazon yesterday, can't wait!

...for 1 to 2 months.
    01-22-11 04:01 AM
    I got my Otter Box today ..... Fits perfect ... but is super slick. Thought it would be a little rubberized .. The rubber sleeve is on the inside.

2 Hard plastic covers ... and screen protectors...Cheap ones. 35 $ Eh

I have to say ... The covers side buttons are easier to push then on the phone itself. Your not putting the phone with the cover on it in your front or back pocket without knowing it is there .....
    Last edited by Stormy_NY; 01-24-11 at 12:38 PM.
    01-24-11 12:35 PM
    more slick than the phone itself?? and is it too much bulk to add to the phone?
    01-24-11 02:14 PM
    I'm going to pick up a set up 9670s tonight. Bestbuy's letting them go for 79.99. They also sell the Otterbox for 34.95. I think i may have to make the plunge because my phone's always end up getting themselves into the strangest predicaments. They're like college kids that you just can't trust around alcohol or energy drinks.

I guess i'll have to pay my respects to my 8530 and wish my forum buddies best of luck over on the Curve page. So, if you'll have me i'd make a great addition to your Style page. I'm house broken, friendly and play well with others.
    01-24-11 02:19 PM
    Yes, but do you remember to reload the TP roller? Very important factor.

You don't necessarily have to depart a forum because you change devices, I still help anyone I can. But you're definitely welcome on the Style side. Shame you missed the BOGO deal, we got 2 for $99. Best deal we've gotten, so far. I have no regrets.

01-24-11 03:25 PM
    lol i'll bring extra TP. How's Tri-Ply sound? ;-)

Yeah, i'll still head down the block to see my pals at the ol' 8530 house. They have some great parties in that forum. You don't even want to know the places i've seen them put iPhones.

I can't believe i didn't know about the BOGO! I read about it an hour ago just to realize that i was waay too late. Oh well, I'm still happy to pay 80 a piece... unless the Style 2 comes out the day after my 30day trial period ends. I can see it now.. "All new from Sprint! Boasting FF 35.2mp Camera, Dual Rocket Launchers, Internal LED, Chuck Norris-like Ruggedness, Touchscreen, Barrel of Monkies, Taser, 4 Convenience Buttons, Wingman, Tri-Ply TP Dispener...etc"
    01-24-11 03:45 PM
    No way...The Style is so smooth, and works in your pocket well. That said, it doesn't need to be any thicker, and that OtterBox case makes it look like that old military grade Nextel flip phone. No thanks...
    01-24-11 03:55 PM
    While I've got you guys here.. The Style does have wifi and GPS, right?

01-24-11 04:05 PM
    No way...The Style is so smooth, and works in your pocket well. That said, it doesn't need to be any thicker, and that OtterBox case makes it look like that old military grade Nextel flip phone. No thanks...
    I wish we could have a military grade Style ..... One that floats too .... Have a bad habit of losing them down the ice fishing hole .....
    01-24-11 04:37 PM
    While I've got you guys here.. The Style does have wifi and GPS, right?

Lol yes it has WiFi & GPS
    TonyLibations likes this.
    01-24-11 05:08 PM
    All 3 Wi-Fi bands, not just the 2 of the earlier devices.

TonyLibations likes this.
    01-24-11 05:14 PM
    I got my Otter Box today ..... Fits perfect ... but is super slick. Thought it would be a little rubberized .. The rubber sleeve is on the inside.

2 Hard plastic covers ... and screen protectors...Cheap ones. 35 $ Eh

I have to say ... The covers side buttons are easier to push then on the phone itself. Your not putting the phone with the cover on it in your front or back pocket without knowing it is there .....

post up some pictures and stuff bro! inside outside side back front, show it all. if possible side by side with and without case. if not, i will when i get mines...

...in 1 or 2 months.
    01-24-11 05:56 PM
    do any other cases other than otterbox work without affecting reception? I bought a clear hard plastic case that made an echo?
    01-24-11 06:45 PM
    Got mine last night - so far so good. Two calls seemed to go through fine. It does make it look sort of military, but I bang the thing around so much I needed something.
    01-26-11 09:52 AM
    From the pics, it seems this case also covers the charging contacts, so using a pod charger is out unless you want to deal with the hassle of removing the case each time. :-( For me, that is a deal breaker.
    Last edited by Bill_Johnson; 01-26-11 at 10:14 AM.
    01-26-11 10:09 AM
    From the pics, it seems this case also covers the charging contacts, so using a pod charger is out. :-( For me, that is a deal breaker.
    Yes its true you cannot charge in a dock with the otterbox on. I have one but just take it off everynight to put it in the dock. It's not that hard to take off and put back on. May not work for everybody but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I like the added protection it gives.
    01-26-11 10:15 AM
    So whats the verdict on the Otterbox for Style? Rate it?
    I'm hearing other plastic covers create echo (IDK if that a reception issue or a mic issue).
    Feedback on any brand of cover for Style is appreciated.
    01-26-11 10:21 AM
    this case is great!!
    01-26-11 12:11 PM
    this case is great!!
    can you take more pictures? phone open, closed, and side views? a view of the inside of the case without the phone? haha, i'm so buggin but i'm so hating amazon right now. 1 to 2 months, wtf was i thinking!?
    01-27-11 12:56 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD