I have an Otterbox for my Storm. It's great! I'm a fire fighter so I need my case to be extra tough! Only one problem, the audio from the handset speaker is very very low! When I'm talking to someone on the phone, its hard to hear them! Its actaully better to put them on speakerphone! Obviosuly this isnt practical in some situations. Does anyone out there know of a DIY fix to increase the earpiece speaker volume??

Cheers

Geoffro
    03-14-09 08:02 AM
    I had the same problem and took a knofe to the earpiece opening which greatly improved the sound loudness. I was suprised to find that the plastic cover goes all the way up over the earpiece speaker so once I opened the hole it no longer sounded like I was talking to someone in a well.
    03-14-09 09:28 AM
    I had the same problem and took a knife to the earpiece opening which greatly improved the sound loudness. I was surprised to find that the plastic cover goes all the way up over the earpiece speaker so once I opened the hole it no longer sounded like I was talking to someone in a well.
    I took the entire plastic screen cover off of my Otterbox....I couldn't type OR hear ....once I took it off....its been the best case Ive had for my Storm.

AND YES.....I know someones going to say something about the warranty...I DON'T CARE.
    03-15-09 09:18 AM
    I had the same problem and took a knofe to the earpiece opening which greatly improved the sound loudness. I was suprised to find that the plastic cover goes all the way up over the earpiece speaker so once I opened the hole it no longer sounded like I was talking to someone in a well.
    Same here. little snip snip and all was good again. Works great!
    03-15-09 09:21 AM
    Anyone else have any issues not being able to type? I can't hit the bottom row in landscape view, that eliminates the space bar, symbol key and the caps key. Aside from these issues it's a great case.
    Anyone have any solutions to this?
    03-18-09 04:28 PM
    Anyone else have any issues not being able to type? I can't hit the bottom row in landscape view, that eliminates the space bar, symbol key and the caps key. Aside from these issues it's a great case.
    Anyone have any solutions to this?
    Well known issue, you can read up on it in the following thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/otterbox-sale-147385/
    You need to contact Otterbox customer support to get on the list for a replacement unit when they are available. In the meantime, some users have found some relief by flipping the unit so the BB keys are on the left, this helps with the space key issue somewhat in landscape mode for some users...
    03-18-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD