does the Otterbox hamper the loudness of the ringtones? or alerts at all?

I really want to get one but its always been my worry because of the plastic that wraps around it .. and it would defeat my purpose of getting it if I chose not to install the covering over the keypad

VZW 8330

thanks
    09-06-08 06:48 PM
    I have the Curve-Otterbox combo, and its good. No sound probs, no probs period. Broke the clip and they quickly sent me a new one.

I did not install the clear plastic over the keyboard, but I was not looking for water/dust protection.

09-06-08 07:41 PM
    No problems with the sound and I use the plastic covering.
    09-06-08 07:46 PM
    I installed my otterbox last week w/the keyboard protector, & have little if any probs w/the sound quality or the alerts. I think you will do fine w/it.
    09-06-08 08:23 PM
    Mine is also fully dressed without a single issue.
    09-06-08 11:49 PM
    I read somewhere (maybe here actually) that quite a few people had problems with an echo on the receiving end (e.g. your callers can hear and echo of themselves talking). This was attributed to the soundwaves being trapped and recycled between the speaker and the plastic.
    09-06-08 11:58 PM
    I read somewhere (maybe here actually) that quite a few people had problems with an echo on the receiving end (e.g. your callers can hear and echo of themselves talking). This was attributed to the soundwaves being trapped and recycled between the speaker and the plastic.
    I would dismiss that as utter rubbish! there is no plastic over the speaker and even if there was and the sound was to be recycled how would the caller possibly hear it back through the speaker as it is the microphone that transmits the speech back!

Any way I had an otterbox on the Curve and it was great the plastic dust shield is cut out around the speakers and is covered with a fine mesh material and works perfectly well, I just cant wait to get one for the Bold!
    09-07-08 09:37 AM
    thats kewl .. I was more concerned with the loudness of the tone .. I had a weapon discharge next to my ear and i dont have full hearing and if the ring tone isnt loud and the phone is on my right its hard for me to hear it ringing .. i use vibrate but if its laying on the desk charging that doenst help much .. appreciate the replys however .. thank you

being a STEELERS fan the yellow and black just fits perfect haha
    09-07-08 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD