Has anyone been using an Otterbox shell for your pearl? Can you tell me how you like it? It is tight or loose on the handset? Does it hinder access to any ports? Etc......

Thanks!
    10-07-08 02:34 PM
    There are plenty of threads discussing the otterbox if you search.

site:forums.crackberry.com otterbox - Google Search
    10-07-08 02:40 PM
    Has anyone been using an Otterbox shell for your pearl? Can you tell me how you like it? It is tight or loose on the handset? Does it hinder access to any ports? Etc......

Thanks!
    I use it. I grabbed the yellow industrial looking one for my 8130. The rubber slip screen was a bit hard to line up and hard to get the bubbles out of the screen but other wise useful. It also made the pearl fit very firm in there. I removed the screen cover after a month so the screen would be crystal clear again. Without it the pearl moved around very slighty, i fixed it by putting a bandaid on the back of the battery cover.

I think the case is well designed. All the ports are protected and yet accessible at the same time. Speaker phone works the same if not better with this case. If you have real fat fingers(you prolly should have a different phone in the first place) you might have a problem hitting the far left and right keys due to the ridge. The holster is awesome.... pretty durable too. All around a strong case. Hope that the small footprint of the pearl wasn't a feature for you since this thing increases the size by about 20%
    10-07-08 03:56 PM
    its a good case... I would like some sort of dust protector like the other 3 speakers for the mic. The 4 rubber snaps on the left and right side of screen seem to come out occasionally which is annoying. And some sort of dust protection for the trackball would be nice, though I have no idea how to implement.. there is a little void around the trackball silver trim which tends to gather dust and crap if you use it in a construction or dusty area. All in all its a nice case though
    10-07-08 09:37 PM
    I use an Otterbox for my 8130, and I'm more than satisfied ... I don't use the screen cover because of the bubble issue noted above, but it more than adequately protects my Pearl from bumps and such.
    10-07-08 11:14 PM
    Get the case. Been using it for seven months now, it is superior protection.
    Customer service is excellent also, about a month ago I caught the dust cover for the charging jack on my pocket and it ripped off. Sent Otterbox an email explaining. They replied within an hour and about 4 days later I received a new silicone cover, free of charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 09:48 AM
    I have a black Otterbox on my 8130. I like the case a lot and it protects well since I tend to be a little hard on my stuff. It does add some bulk to the phone but not extreme and the piece of mind knowing your phone has maximum protection outweighs the cons of the increase in size of the phone.
    10-08-08 01:30 PM
    I use the otterbox for my pearl. I dont use the entire clear membrane, I modified it to only cover the back of the phone and the keyboard and I use an invisible shield on the screen. Its an amazing case and I cant imagine using anything else
    10-09-08 04:41 PM
    I have had my otterbox for a little over a month and love it.

I am really rough on my phone, and got it to protect my pearl.

I have dropped it (on purpose) from around 20 feet in the air, no problems.

I have also used it (with the silicone sheeth) with wet hands no issues.

I wouldnt trade this case for anything esle in the world.

Now if golden shellback would only have their water proofing available to public.
    10-09-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD