I ordered my 9900 a couple of days ago and I'm looking to keep it in tip-top condition as I'm only keeping it for a year and want to be able to sell it on for a reasonable amount afterwards. I've seen a few people recommend the Otterbox Commuter Case but from the pictures it seems as if it may block the buttons on the side a little, or at least cause an inconvenience.

Can anyone post any close up pictures of their commuter case if they have any? Any personal opinions, or any more recommended cases.

Thanks!
    Last edited by alexdrans; 10-14-11 at 08:17 PM.
    10-14-11 08:10 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "block"? As in, make them unusable? If so, then that is not the case, pun intended...

Anyway, I recommend watching various video reviews on YouTube. You'll see it in action and probably get a better view of it.

On terms of the case, I highly recommend it. Its easily the best case I have seen from Otterbox.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-14-11 08:35 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "block"? As in, make them unusable? If so, then that is not the case, pun intended...

Anyway, I recommend watching various video reviews on YouTube. You'll see it in action and probably get a better view of it.

On terms of the case, I highly recommend it. Its easily the best case I have seen from Otterbox.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I don't mean completely cover, just slightly annoy the fingers. Like hitting the Q key might be quite hard(er). I'll check out some reviews on YouTube. I also want the charging pod, but I don't want to bother with taking the case off all of the time so it's eiher one or the other.
    10-14-11 08:43 PM
    Commuter doesn't interfere with the side keys on the keyboard.
    10-14-11 08:46 PM
    Exactly - you can type at the same speeds with the same errors (or not), case on or off.
    10-14-11 09:16 PM
    10-14-11 09:31 PM
    What you can't tell in the pictures is depth...the edge around the keys is slightly raised (great for accidently laying screen down). So the keys on the edges (Q,A,alt.enter,del,P) aren't affected by the case at all...IF it were 2 tone it would be the best case 100%...so its 90% the best case out for the 9900/30 IMO
    P.S
    The Commuter Case is THIN too!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 12:44 AM
    I love my Otterbox commuter case. It's sleek and has a very high quality feel to it. It is easily the best case that you can buy for the Bold 9900/9930. No doubt about it.

BUT!...The free screen protector that comes with it, is garbage. Just toss that aside and purchase an "iShieldz" screen protector.

With this combination, your 9900/9930 is safe as can be.
    10-15-11 07:45 AM
    I disagree. The screen protector is fine. What problem did you have with it?

All buttons are perfectly reachable. The plastic shell does not curve over the edge by the keyboard as it does over the screen area. When typing on the edge keys, your thumb may hit the silicone skin, but it gives enough so as not to interfere in the least with typing.

10-15-11 07:51 AM
    Otterbox has the reputation of making the best case (in the sense that it actually protect the device) and they do make sure that every features of the phone are fully working (some even better ie playbook defender case for the power button). In addition to that, the commuter case is really slick and slips easily in and out of your pocket, a must have in my opinion...
    10-15-11 08:03 AM
    I disagree. The screen protector is fine. What problem did you have with it?
    We have hundreds of blackberries in our fleet. We protect them all with otterbox cases. We used the included free screen protectors in the past, but had problems with them. They are easy to scratch, they eventually peal. We shifted over to the ishieldz screen protectors and haven't had any issues with them at all. They are bulletproof.

They are used extensively by military/law enforcement for a reason. imo, they are the best screen protectors on the market.
    10-15-11 08:31 AM
    We have hundreds of blackberries in our fleet. We protect them all with otterbox cases. We used the included free screen protectors in the past, but had problems with them. They are easy to scratch, they eventually peal. We shifted over to the ishieldz screen protectors and haven't had any issues with them at all. They are bulletproof.

They are used extensively by military/law enforcement for a reason. imo, they are the best screen protectors on the market.
    Good to know. My 9700 still has the first OB Commuter/screen protector on it. Most people cannot even tell I have one on it at all. 2 years, and my 9700 is like new.
    10-16-11 06:36 PM
    IF it were 2 tone it would be the best case 100%...so its 90% the best case out for the 9900/30 IMO
    P.S
    The Commuter Case is THIN too!!!

I am working on finding a nice self etching primer and spray paint to color the hard skeleton part of the case. If I find something that works - I will let you know.
    10-17-11 07:37 AM
    @mjs416 - It's been done, and well. Check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-case-440222/

mjs416 likes this.
    10-17-11 07:49 AM
    @mjs416 - It's been done, and well. Check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-case-440222/

Sweet - no need to re-invent the wheel. Thats actually close to the color I was going to use too.
    10-17-11 09:24 AM
    Sweet - no need to re-invent the wheel. Thats actually close to the color I was going to use too.
    Be sure to show us how it comes out!
    10-17-11 12:51 PM
    I was thinking along those same lines...except in white

10-18-11 07:46 AM
    Gah! No electronics should be white! Awful! Dirty! Do whatcha like, though. Mind the notes about taping off the inside so the paint doesn't add thickness to the plastic and make it not fit well.

10-18-11 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD