I want a very good and durable case, and I plan to get the Otterbox for the Curve 8520.

My question is which of the two series; Commuter and Defender provide the hard-top for the screen?

I don't really like film, I would rather have a nice, hard plastic covering for the screen, if possible.

Thanks.
    05-22-10 09:04 AM
    you will most likely want to go with the defender then. The commuter series is a combination of a rugged silicone and a thin plastic housing as well as a thin screen protector. I am currently using the commuter series and i have no complaints, doesnt make the phone bulky or anything
    05-22-10 09:16 AM
    Do either of them have a harder plastic covering for the screen? I want the screen to have a plastic covering as opposed to the thin sheet most cases offer.

And do you know where they're available in Canada? So far, I've only been abe to find the Commuter.

Thanks.
    05-22-10 09:22 AM
    I purchased the Defender for my Curve (8330m) and if the design for your model is like mine it will have only a thin film across the screen. However, around the screen perimeter is a raised plastic lip and the plastic covers (top & bottom) all encase the phone and are covered by the rubberized skin. Probably wouldn't save the phone from a small weight dropped directly on the screen, but anything dropped across the entire phone would more than likely bounce right off. Don't know if you use camera much, but one downside is the film covers the camera lens and you have to mod it yourself to avoid filmy pix. Good luck in your choice!
    05-26-10 08:56 PM
    The defender has a hard plastic piece over the screen,I'm not sure about the other series.
    05-31-10 11:33 AM
    Defender is the way to go.
    05-31-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD