How hard is it to get to the case off to get at the battery?
    When it is in the "holster", does the phone go to standby mode like when it is in the OEM case?
    Do the button coverings have an adverse feel on typing?
    Is the provided screen protector decent quality?
    Thank you.
    08-15-09 10:10 PM
    It is a pain to remove the case for the battery. I had an 8350i with the defender case.

Yes it does go into standby mode. The buttons have the same feeling to me, IMO. I liked the extra protection that you get with the plastice on the buttons and screen, I mean the BB is a huge investment so the Otter box is well worth it. Sometimes the screen protector does ma
    ke it hard to see with sunglasses on, ut other than that it's good. Hope this helps!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 10:19 PM
    If the unit is not entirely frozen, instead of pulling the battery you can hit three keys at the same time (like a Windows' reboot).

Alt-RtShift-Del. Doing it a second time as the screen comes back to WHITE is equivalent to a battery pull.

You can also use Quickpull if the phone is not locked.
    08-15-09 11:31 PM
    How hard is it to get to the case off to get at the battery?
    A pain, and not recommened. The more you open and close the Otterbox the weaker the plastic clips will become and it will get loose.

There's no need to pull batteries on the Tour anyway, unless it's hard locked up... which is very rare.

When it is in the "holster", does the phone go to standby mode like when it is in the OEM case?
    Yep.

Do the button coverings have an adverse feel on typing?
    Nope. Mine feel very natural like there isn't even a cover over the keyboard.

Is the provided screen protector decent quality?
    Yep.
    08-15-09 11:37 PM
    I am very excited to get mine on wednesday. I have heard nothing but good things about this case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 11:42 PM
    Thanks guys and girls. One more thing....
    When the phone is in the holster, can it be placed (maybe upside down and backwards) so the screen is covered?
    When I go to work, I place my phone in my work bag and there are lots of loose items rolling around in that pocket. I know the screen has a cover, but I dont want my work keys, money clip, etc. jabbing the screen at all.
    08-16-09 01:02 AM
    The phone fits in the holster with the screen facing in, so the screen is protected.
    08-16-09 01:06 AM
    and....when it is out of the holster, is the case totally hard or does it have some "grip" to it so it wont slide around in the car in the little compartments in the dash?
    cp.
    08-16-09 01:08 AM
    The phone fits in the holster with the screen facing in, so the screen is protected.
    Sweet. Thank you.
    08-16-09 01:08 AM
    and....when it is out of the holster, is the case totally hard or does it have some "grip" to it so it wont slide around in the car in the little compartments in the dash?
    cp.
    The outler layer of the case is silicone, so it has some grip.
    08-16-09 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD