So I need a good case for my phone that I drop all the time and I finally gave up and got the otterbox. Plus its $29 with free shipping at amazon right now...

anyways at work I will use the holster but when im out at night with friends i like to keep my phone in my pants pocket. I know the otterbox will add bulk but how much and is it still comfortable in your pocket?
    03-20-09 06:07 AM
    My 8310 is in an Otterbox. In my experience, front and back pockets are out. Cargo and jacket pockets only. I've traveled with the caseless Curve in the back pocket but won't do it in the Otter. My two cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 08:10 AM
    A while back Otterbox.com had a coupon code @ checkout for 15% off. The coupon code was CES2009. I'm not sure if it still works or not...
    03-20-09 08:13 AM
    I never put mine in my pocket, I just use the holster all the time. It does add a lot of bulk but the protection is worth it.
    03-20-09 09:07 AM
    when you go out you can always let your BB run around naked!!!

When i had it on my old 8120 it was to big to be comfortable in my pocket!!
    03-20-09 09:09 AM
    I guess it depends on how baggy you wear your jeans...baggy could probably get away with it; form fitting forget about it.
    03-20-09 11:38 AM
    I guess it depends on how baggy you wear your jeans...baggy could probably get away with it; form fitting forget about it.
    LOL.... so my date nite jeans are out....lol JK!!
    03-20-09 11:40 AM
    how much more size? i know the pantech matrix is like a 1" thick phone.
    03-20-09 01:55 PM
    Without the holster, the phone fits perfectly fine in your front pocket with the Otterbox on. Just don't wear your nut huggers or lord of the dance pants out that night.
    03-20-09 11:51 PM
    i do wear anything that tight... sounds like i should be ok, if not i can always return it. are there local stores that sell them? like best buy or even the att store?
    03-21-09 06:22 PM
    I don't wear tight pants and I still don't put it in my pocket. The case is a pain to take off too. I don't know how much you know about the cases but they are made up of 3 parts. You really don't want to take off the clear screen/keyboard cover if you don't have to. It took me a while to get all the air bubbles out from the screen part.
    I need my case for my normal work week but I would like to remove it for the weekend. Does anyone know if i can leave the clear part on and put a regular silicone cover or snap on plastic cover over it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 10:25 PM
    yes you can leave the clear part on and add a hard case or silicon case over it, i did that and i actually liked it better than the otterbox. It was too bulky.
    03-22-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD