OtterBox.com | Blackberry Pearl 8130 Case

You can sign up for the prerelease of this case its now showing coming soon!
    01-28-08 07:56 PM
    thanks. make sure you're the first to get it and post pics when you do.
    01-28-08 08:28 PM
    I've been waiting for this!

I have a couple of questions about the otterbox--

1. Can you listen to the media player if you have your berry holstered? (I guess this is about any magnet holster really)

2.And if the answer to question one is no, if you were to holster your berry with the screen facing out instead of in does it keep it from going into sleep mode?

I am getting this case regardless, but I had dreams of listening to my mp3s, books, and podcasts while working and keeping my pearl safetly holstered behind my back. If it's not possible I'll have to continue to pocket it, but since I am climbing ladders and bumping into crap all day (no I'm not a pro donkeykong player--carpenter), I would prefer not to have it "bumpable".

Any body know the scoop?

PS question C. is how does the keyboard membrane work out?

Also, I can't wait.

Update---

I just tested it out myself, I put a magnet over the keyboard with the mp3 player running and it worked! Sleep mode AND media! So question one is yes, question two is moot, and question C is still up for grabs.

Eli
    Last edited by ong-gia; 01-29-08 at 01:30 AM. Reason: used my noodle for a change and figured it out.
    01-29-08 01:25 AM
    I really like the looks of the case too and wonder about using it threw the skin? I am a firefighter and need drop protection for sure. I like the safety yellow color everything I have is yellow for safety but for everyday work the black would look best with the work uniform.....

Maybe I should have the crimson red pearl with black case that would look nice. Anybody have the 8100 case to give us some pics close up of the membrane?
    01-29-08 11:53 AM
    I might be interested in this... depending on how much it ends up being... and how think it actually is. I am one to keep my pearl in my pocket... i don't really like the whole clipped to a belt thing. But at the same time i still want the best protection from the occasional mishaps and drops.
    01-29-08 01:59 PM
    I might be interested in this... depending on how much it ends up being... and how think it actually is. I am one to keep my pearl in my pocket... i don't really like the whole clipped to a belt thing. But at the same time i still want the best protection from the occasional mishaps and drops.
    If it is the same as the pearl one version it should come in around $50.

I agree with you on the belt clip idea, but I am getting old enough (as my GF is fond of reminding me--ong-gia means old man in Vietnamese ) so I don't care as much anymore if people know I'm a dork. They will find out soon enough anyway .

Eli

BTW, I'm only fricken 33!
    01-29-08 09:43 PM
    They're shooting for mid to late February, per an email from OB.
    01-30-08 02:01 PM
    oh yeah I'm all over it.... Firefighter also here, and need protection

We got a price range set?
    01-30-08 02:08 PM
    update after sending them an email on release date:

This is what I got back:

Our apologies for the delay with the Blackberry Pearl 8130 case.
    We anticipate this case to be available mid to late February.
    You may sign up on our website for an email notification when this case is available for purchase:

OtterBox.com | Blackberry Pearl 8130 Case
    01-30-08 10:39 PM
    did you other firefighters go with a red pearl or curve?
    01-30-08 10:53 PM
    nope silver- verizon.
    01-31-08 12:44 AM
    I would like a fire engine red phone but you won't see much of it with a black otterbox case. I wonder if I am better off with the blue. hmmm... sorry getting side tracked.
    02-01-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD