Hi all, I recently got an otterbox for my curve. I love this case and how tough it is. I have one issue though. When the phone is holstered and I receive a call it rings like it should but when i pull it out of the holster it quits for a second and the ringtone starts over. It is still fully functional just a slight annoyance. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
    04-07-09 02:35 PM
    i dont have this problem with mine but only thing i can think of something is going on with it comming out of standby? you know when its holstered it goes into standby automatically
    04-07-09 05:42 PM
    Thanks. Yeah i have never heard of this problem either. I know it goes into standby when holstered. I didnt know that would effect it though. Do you think it could possibly be an OS issue? I am running .131
    04-07-09 06:44 PM
    does this cover worth's it price?, i'm considering one
    04-08-09 11:15 PM
    Other than the issue I am currently having I love it. I wouldnt trust anything else to protect my BB. Just make sure to follow the instructions to put on the clear membrane so you dont have bubbles on the screen. It will make your BB bulky though, so if that is a concern you may not like it. I actually prefer the bulk because I am 6'4" so my hands are rather large so it makes for better gripping. It is a seriously tough case though.
    04-08-09 11:21 PM
    Personally I say 100% love this case
    04-08-09 11:22 PM
    hmm sounds like you may have it on a little bit wrong and its hitting a button when you pull it out ...
    04-09-09 12:19 AM
    hmm sounds like you may have it on a little bit wrong and its hitting a button when you pull it out ...
    Already thought of that and tried with my friend standing right there and calling, I slid it out by just touching the back where it says otter and still have the problem. Could this possibly be an OS issue when it comes out of stanby and is ringing?
    04-09-09 09:13 AM
    There is nothing wrong with ur phone.
    If you look at the back just under the clip there is a magnet, thats what does it.
    04-11-09 10:06 AM
    Yeah I know about the magnet and was aware that it puts my phone in stanby, but I have never heard of it doing this with the ringtone when its coming out of stanby.
    04-11-09 10:42 AM
    When I pull mine out of the holster it does the same thing. It stops the ringing and I answer it before it starts back. I actually like this feature and never saw it as a problem.
    04-11-09 11:05 AM
    When I pull mine out of the holster it does the same thing. It stops the ringing and I answer it before it starts back. I actually like this feature and never saw it as a problem.
    Its not really a problem just a slight annoyance. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. Thanks for letting me know cause a friend of mine with the same phone and holster never had this issue. I was thinking it was just me, but if it isn't thats good news. Thanks for your help.
    04-11-09 11:49 AM
    Hmmm. I used an Otterbox for roughly two weeks, and I never had this problem. However, I wasn't at .131 then. Around that time I was probably sporting .77 or .97, so I wonder if it's a minor glitch with .131 or was a bug in older OSs and is now fixed? A good way to test it would be to have someone else (i say someone else because i'm sure you don't want to undress your Curve just to test this) that uses either of the OEM leather pouches and/or cases. Do you know anyone else with a Curve running .131 that would be willing to test this out for you?
    04-11-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD