Otter Products, LLC. releases two semi-rugged, fully-interactive cases into the Defender Series line, the OtterBox 1934 for the BlackBerry Pearl and the OtterBox 1935 for the BlackBerry Curve series of smartphones from Research In Motion. Both cases enable complete usability of the trackball and camera in a sleek, slim fit design and offer distinguished protection.The OtterBox 1934 and 1935 cases retain style and functionality, ideal for frequent travelers, business professionals and everyday BlackBerry smartphone enthusiasts. Three protective layers provide bump, scratch and drop protection:
    • Layer 1: Slide on the thermal formed protective clear membrane to safeguard screen and keyboard against scratching as well as dust and dirt(a) (layer optional depending on the level of ruggedization desired)
    • Layer 2: Snap together the hi-impact polycarbonate shell
    • Layer 3: Wrap the silicone skin over the device to absorb bump and shock
    *NOTE-CURVE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE LISTED AS OF YET ON SITE

Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-08-07 at 09:51 AM.
    11-08-07 09:48 AM
    Maybe I will get this for my Curve. Looks so good...
    11-08-07 03:59 PM
    I like the one for the Curve.
    11-08-07 06:40 PM
    Hello all. I have been talking to a government sales rep from otterbox for the last 2 weeks. He stated that I should have the new otterbox curve case in the next week or so for testing and evaluation. I will post some pics and info after I receive it. He also stated that the curve case will ship on November 30th. It can currently be pre-ordered through otterbox.
    11-09-07 01:37 AM
    I just received mine in the mail yesterday.
    Ordered it on Wednesday from Crackberry and received it Friday.

The Pearl can be a little hard to hang onto, especially at work when my mind is not on safe Pearl handeling but on work stuff.

Anyway; It was simple to enclose the Pearl in the Otterbox, the case snaps together and the rubber like trim snaps in place.

Very good fit and finish and all the controls are easy to use. You do have to become accustomed to the feel of the case in relationship to where the controls are.

I choose not to apply the thin, clear plastic protective sheet on the front and back of the Pearl and because of this the Pearl has an ever so slight movement inside the Otterbox. Not enough to be annoying but I thought I would bring it up.
    11-17-07 08:45 PM
    I am getting 2 of the Curve Otterboxes
    11-18-07 06:34 AM
    Post some pics when you get them
    11-18-07 02:48 PM
    Yes Dad!......
    11-18-07 03:20 PM
    I think I might get one for my curve..
    12-03-07 09:33 PM
    I just got one for my 8300. Does anyone have problems with pictures coming out hazy? I'm not sure if i screwed something up.
    12-10-07 09:48 PM
    jimmyboots...

i had the same problem with hazy pics on my curve. I am assuming you are using the protective plastic membrane? if so, the only way to fix it is to cut out a hole for the camera.

i've had this case for over 1 month and it is a great product! It is at times cumbersome, but when you actually do drop your phone its all worth it.
    01-10-08 09:50 AM
    I just got mine and after a full day, I am very pleased with it. Its a bit bulkier but I don't mind it. It was easy to put together. The protective film went on easily as it is form fitted for the keys. I did manage to drop it once at work today (not intended) and it held up nicely.

As for taking pics with the protective sheet, I really didn't notice a difference. So for now, I'll give it a thums up.
    01-17-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD