04-09-08 04:34 AM
45 12
tools
    Ordered mine. Here's the link

OtterBox Blackberry Pearl 8130 Case

Eli
    02-26-08 01:18 PM
    $50! Are these tried and true top of the line I assume?

Looks cool, I like the idea of something covering the screen, I don't know how I feel about something covering the keyboard though is that the 'case' here (hehe)? If so is it still easy to type ?

Also, by 'all surfaces covered' do they mean something is covering the trackball? I can't think of how a material could cover the trackball and still allow you to use it?

Or, when they say "You can still use the trackball, camera, flash and vanity mirror THROUGH the OtterBox." does that mean those are actual holes in the case with no layer of material?
    02-26-08 02:13 PM
    $50! Are these tried and true top of the line I assume?

Looks cool, I like the idea of something covering the screen, I don't know how I feel about something covering the keyboard though is that the 'case' here (hehe)? If so is it still easy to type ?

Also, by 'all surfaces covered' do they mean something is covering the trackball? I can't think of how a material could cover the trackball and still allow you to use it?

Or, when they say "You can still use the trackball, camera, flash and vanity mirror THROUGH the OtterBox." does that mean those are actual holes in the case with no layer of material?
    I just got mine yesterday. There is a cutout for the trackball, but it is a very tight fit and seems about as good as you can get with a trackball accessible. The speakers front and back are also cut out. The camera, keys, flash and everything else is covered by the membrane and still work great. Typing with the membrane installed is no problem at all.

It is a pretty penny to spend on a case, but for me as a carpenter it is well worth it. It looks and feels great--better than I hoped to be honest. I feel very safe with this case.

Eli
    03-01-08 01:32 PM
    Anybody have any pics with this case on a 8130? I ordered one Friday and can't wait to try it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 04:19 AM
    WOW that is cool. Love the yellow & black - It looks like just a little Nissan X-Terra!
    03-03-08 10:27 AM
    pictures when you get em please!
    03-03-08 10:34 AM
    Are these available online only or are they gonna be available to purchase in "cell phone" stores?

03-03-08 11:05 AM
    There are a couple of stores that do carry thses cases but are pretty hard to find. The best place to get this case is online. For store locations go to OtterBox.com
    03-03-08 11:30 AM
    I love those things. It reminds me of the old Nextel i700plus handsets that I used to use/abuse. I had been waiting for the otterbox and about a week ago I finally broke down and just bought the Seidio hybrid case (black on the back and clear in front). I just couldn't risk having my phone unprotected at work. (I'm a firefighter)

I love my Seidio but now I wish I had waited a little longer so I could have gotten my otterbox! Now I have to justify to my wife why I need another accessory for my new pearl!!
    03-03-08 12:57 PM
    I'm so used to my BB going into standby mode when I put it in the magnetized holster. Is that, I guess, no big deal? Basically you lose all "holster" functionality.
    03-03-08 02:00 PM
    I'm so used to my BB going into standby mode when I put it in the magnetized holster. Is that, I guess, no big deal? Basically you lose all "holster" functionality.
    There is a magnet on the holster for the otterbox. Mine, however, wasn't strong enough to put into standby mode. I think this is a problem with my BB though, as others have commented that they have not had this problem. Anyway, I fixed it by gluing a couple of thin rare earth magnets to the outside of the case to add to the power and it works great now.

After a few days I have to say I love this case as does everybody who has seen it. It really does change the look of the pearl, kinda mans it up a bit, yet it doesn't feel to big or bulky at all.

Another plus is it makes such a visual and textile difference that it really feels like you got a new phone. It scratches that itch to get something new. I really didn't realize how worried I was about my bb until I could stop worrying about it. Very sweet.

Eli

PS I'd post pics but my camera is out of action.
    03-03-08 09:50 PM
    This is a flaw, They are makeing new clips. Search for me thread on it.
    03-03-08 10:03 PM
    so when you put this on your phone, the membrane and everything, do you mess up the case/membrane when you remove it?
    03-03-08 10:48 PM
    03-04-08 05:39 AM
    I have two problems with mine. I tore the membrane when trying to remove the white sticker from the trackball area and second the magnet doesn't put the BB into sleep mode.

03-04-08 05:44 AM
    How does this holster look? Is it one of those belt clips? Is it solid? I wouldn't want my phone to fall out.

How about the otterbox? Is the case rubberized where you can't slide it into your pocket?
    03-04-08 06:40 AM
    I have two problems with mine. I tore the membrane when trying to remove the white sticker from the trackball area and second the magnet doesn't put the BB into sleep mode.

Call otterbox they might give you a new membrane. As far as the sleep mode, There is a thread on this that I started. They are manufactureing new holsters for them due to this flaw. Call otterbox and tell them your probume and they will put you on the list for a new one when they are done.

Also make very sure you get all the sticky residue off from were the trackball cover was. I did not and it gunked up my trackball!!
    03-04-08 06:42 AM
    nice post boomer...

-db

maybe we should tattoo the pictures on our bodies?
    03-04-08 07:13 AM
    nice post boomer...

-db

maybe we should tattoo the pictures on our bodies?
    at first i was like "huh?" then i saw the pic. very nice. love that movie. very original. even tho i think it was a remake.
    03-04-08 07:51 AM
    The first time I saw that movie the power went out at my house about two minutes from the end. I was like "NOOO!!"

Then I had to wait till the next day to see the end. Good flick though.

03-04-08 07:58 AM
    OtterBox rocks...

Here is a recap of another post i have elsewhere...

1) BodyGuardz and the membrane don't play well together, message me for my mod.

2) Customer service is sending me the next generation holster with a stronger magnet, they estimate 2-3 weeks. Just call they will send you one too!

This product is very much worth the money. If you do anything that requires you to be outside, and have the potential to hurt your beloved Pearl, get one!

If you are a "suit", in an office, you might want to pass. Just my $0.02.

Dan
    03-04-08 12:43 PM
    I just received an e-mail from customer service about my order. They've deemed the holster problem a defect and they're not going to ship out anymore of these cases until it's fixed (2-3 weeks).
    03-04-08 01:48 PM
    boomerbsh, great pic!
    03-04-08 03:25 PM
    Is the pearl still pocketable in the otterbox case?

03-09-08 07:37 PM
    I got the Otterbox case last week and think that it is great. It is still pocketable and the keys work well even with the membrane on. I really like it, but it might be a pain if you have to do a battery pull or need to take it out of the case.
    03-09-08 07:58 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD