Hello, I'm thinking of getting an Otterbox for my 8700c. Does anybody or has anybody gotten an Otterbox for there phone and what do you think about them?
    04-13-08 05:24 PM
    i have the otterbox for my 8310 and i love it .. it comes with 3 stages of protection .. and i use all 3 stages .. i have droped my curve numerous times and the otterbox has saved my bb.. the downside i dont like is that the clear membrane covers the camera and makes the pics cloudy when taken .. but that can easly be taken care of if i wanted to cut a hole around the camera.. so in my opion the otterbox is a good investment if u want the protection for ur bb.from everyday use,dust, water, dirt, and even kids..lol
    04-13-08 05:44 PM
    Personally, I don't have an Otterbox since I didn't really like the look of them. I use a gel case & a holster but any kind of protection is always a good investment.
    04-13-08 05:45 PM
    Have it for my Curve and my 8820.

As a fire fighter it comes in handy.

Love them.
    04-13-08 07:50 PM
    do u have to use all three layers of protection? can u just use like the black cover part and put it in your pocket?
    04-13-08 11:25 PM
    No you can't use only the soft get part.

You can not use the clear thermal layer if you choose but you need to use both the hard and soft layers together.
    04-14-08 06:12 AM
    The otterbox for the 8700 is a TANK. It is not like the other otterboxes for Blackberry. It is a little more heavy duty. I think it would be a great protective case. Crackberry.com did a review of it a while back

Here it is.
    04-14-08 12:11 PM
    How much larger does it make the phone. Kind of hard to tell from the pics. Just curious as to if it will still fit in my pocket.
    04-14-08 12:22 PM
    If you search the forums there are a couple of Otterbox threads that I think will answer all of your questions.

I have one for my curve that I use for work, fishing mountain biking etc. and I think its great. I use a seidio holster for everything else. It does make the bb quite a bit larger. It is a tank but it gives you better protection than anything out there. I was not disapointed by my purchase.
    04-14-08 12:28 PM